• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (9 Feb)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Since there's a reply section, it's fairly easy to get hyped for these events, say what you want about Nintendo's hardware but they can make video games if they can release a powerful hardware all their problems are solved. Online isn't Nintendo's game, they do well with video games.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
21767_IGDB-272x380.jpg

5fo.gif

There's a chance you get this instead.

SI_3DSDS_HanaSamuraiArtOfTheSword_image1600w.jpg

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
That Shigesato Itoi tweet made me sweat a little. If Koizumi mentions the words “Earth” and “bound” in the same sentence, I might actually pass out mid-direct

Its Happening Mother 2 GIF

This is an intervention.

Don't do this to yourself.

By 2015 we had suffered long enough and accepted it would never be.

Do not dare to dream. Spare yourself the anguish.

Belthazar

Is it just me or is the hype levels for this are very low compared to other directs? I've seen very little tweets about it and this thread is surprisingly small (even Era's thread is not that big). What happened? Directs used to be an event, now this is getting less fanfare than a state of play.

Is it just me or is the hype levels for this are very low compared to other directs? I've seen very little tweets about it and this thread is surprisingly small (even Era's thread is not that big). What happened? Directs used to be an event, now this is getting less fanfare than a state of play.
Think we have all fallen for Nintendo's bullshit before. it's only natural that hype will die down given we're 5 years into the lifespan of the Switch.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Don't be ridiculous state of play is trash....people know not to get hyped, because it leads to the dark side. Most Directs give you something you want.

Woopah

Everyone is talking about announcements for games we KNOW are not coming out in the first half of 2022 which the direct specifically states is what it covers. We are NOT getting MK9 or BOTW2 info.
I expect:
Kirby
They said mainly focusing on the first half. The Feb 2021 Direct also focused on the first half but it still included plenty of second half games, and 2022 ones (Triangle Strategy and Splatoon 3 for example).
Era's Nintendo community largely moved to a new site (Famiboards)

Nintendo fans are being persecuted here by pro Sony/MS/PC mods, a few die hard Nintendo fans were banned in the last few weeks

I did a survey here about a few weeks ago, only 5% said that Nintendo is their preferred system

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Good. This is just a showcase for Q1/Q2 title releases.
People generally shouldn't be overhypzing these things to begin with. Less disappointment that way.

Nintendo fans are being persecuted here by pro Sony/MS/PC mods, a few die hard Nintendo fans were banned in the last few weeks

I did a survey here about a few weeks ago, only 5% said that Nintendo is their preferred system
I don't even remember seeing that survey. I'm as pro-Nintendo as they come, but had I voted in it I'd probably have gone with PC though (but Ninty is by far my favourite of the three console manufacturers).

Top Bottom