• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (9 Feb)

Majora's Mask port please! I couldn't stand playing it on the 3DS, I need it on the big screen.

Yes, this is what I'm hoping for, more remake of older Zelda games,

Nintendo has to be aggressive with their IPs on Switch. This is not the time to be passive. Switch is a gold mine. They need to take advantage it now

- more remake of older games
- new games for older IPs
- new IPs

Whatever they put out on Switch will sell tens of millions

jigglet

Banned
Yes, this is what I'm hoping for, more remake of older Zelda games,

Nintendo has to be aggressive with their IPs on Switch. This is not the time to be passive. Switch is a gold mine. They need to take advantage it now

- more remake of older games
- new games for older IPs
- new IPs

Whatever they put out on Switch will sell tens of millions

Most Japanese studios are struggling with working from home. I think it's because their creative process is very much a hands-on sort of thing.

That's why I think remakes are great - there's very little need for the creative side of things...it's already laid out there, they just need to rework it. There's little in the way of complex gameplay design elements that you need to map out on a whiteboard in person. I think it's the best type of game to be putting your teams on if you're struggling with remote working.

Ev1L AuRoN

This is going to be good.

My wish list:

Mario Kart 9;
BotW2 Release date;
Metroid Prime 4 gameplay;
Bayonetta 3 demo;
New 3D Mario;
Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster;
GB/GBC/GBA on Nintendo Online Subscription;

I just need one of my list to made my day.

TidusYuna

I'll take some Fire Emblem news, some Xenoblade news, and maybe some Persona 4 Golden news.

Already own Golden on vita, will triple dip if we get it on switch and ps4.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Will we get some new info on MHRise Sunbreak expansion or Capcom will give that info themselves?

Last edited:
I’m really close to selling my PS4 for a Switch but I’m waiting to see what Nintendo announces.

If we see Metroid and Zelda, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HYDE

Banned
Haven’t even read a single post, bet Silksong has already been mentioned.
Goodness fuck is it ever time to get a release date Team Cherry.

Bluecondor

oh boy 40 minutes of more animal crossing DLC and a same day drop of some steam game
LOL - man this would make me happy. They announced that they are done with substantial updates for New Horizons though.

I would love to see any kind of new game that uses the Ring Fit controller. I can't believe that there will only ever be one game (Ring Fit Adventure) that uses the Ring Fit controller.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Is this gonna be our prediction thread? WRITE IT DOWN:
1sTOyhR.gif

93xfan

Banned
:: Direct SPOILERS::

-Heard Nintendo is changing up the transitions. Instead of the finger snaps, they’ll make a cluck noise with their mouth while flipping you the bird.

-They were going to allow feedback with comments on the direct, but MySpace got shut down while they were still figuring out how to get their page set up. They had their best “internet guys” on this project, which is why the Switch hasn’t had any online improvements in recent years.

-Expect a snes game no one has ever heard of before to be added to the online service thanking the fans for 5 great years. Release date date is 3/3/22 at 11pm.

-Retro has been freed up to work on another IP. 4 years ago Metroid Price 4 was given to them to get it up to Nintendo’s standards. Good news! The standards dropped, so they figured they can just release the original version and save money.

-finally a Zelda remaster. Zelda 2 in 1080p. Leaks suggest a 59.99 price point.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
I predict that the other guy's thread about them announcing a new switch and MK9 on Feb 16th will be proved wrong and people should call for him to get banned for it will forget all about it like they always do with all of the "leaks" that end up not happening (surprise surprise).

I predict that the other guy's thread about them announcing a new switch and MK9 on Feb 16th will be proved wrong and people should call for him to get banned for it will forget all about it like they always do with all of the "leaks" that end up not happening (surprise surprise).
He's not a leaker. He just happened to come across this info and decided to share, he never doubled down on it. Why would he be banned? He's not like those pretentious fucks who even have Twitter accounts just for leaking stuff.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Majora's Mask port please! I couldn't stand playing it on the 3DS, I need it on the big screen.

I would bet the only way you're seeing MM on Switch now is part of the Nintendo Online N64 pack.

Chastten

Banned
Here's hoping for:

Bayonetta 3 release date and Collector's Edition announcement
Splatoon 3 release date
Either a Xenoblade Chronicle X remake or 3 announcement.
Breath of the Wild 2 trailer

If 2 of these 4 happen I'll be happy :)

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
predictions:

• Kirby
  • Wii U port (not much left, so I'll go with Xenoblade Chronicles X)
  • Splatoon 3
  • Zelda BOTW 2 mention, maybe Gameplay
  • Zelda HD Collection (consists of TW HD and WWHD)
  • Advance Wars
  • one surprise (new announcement, my guess is Captain Toad 2 or a new Donkey Kong)
  • reminder that Pokemon Arceus is out
  • Mario Golf update
  • Mario Party update
  • Triangle Strategy

TheTony316

Xenoblade 3, Xenoblade X remaster, Metroid Prime 4, Switch 2 @ 4k/30 docked, 1440p/30 portable and a Capcom acquisition to top it all off. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
This game is gonna rock.

kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-kirby.gif

kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-kirby.gif
What's your point? We know the game looks interesting and it will release in a few weeks. What many require for a direct to be good is something new to us, not more shots from something we know is coming. More from this game will not make this direct good.

Andyliini

I'm hoping something from Square-Enix too, outside of Triangle Strategy. Maybe Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters coming to switch or perhaps Sword of Mana remaster. Those would be interesting.

What's your point? We know the game looks interesting and it will release in a few weeks. What many require for a direct to be good is something new to us, not more shots from something we know is coming. More from this game will not make this direct good.
I think his point was that Kirby is gonna rock.

Part of any direct will be focused on marketing for games coming up. Lots of people that don't read sites like these actually tune into these things and get reminded about upcoming games. Seems to be working for them in terms of sales #s.

Top Bottom