• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Kindekuma

Banned
I hope at the end of this Direct, Reggie says "oh yeah, one more thing..." and proceeds to show the Galaxy 3DS but with a Metroid theme.

FTFY

HHQ4yq9.jpg

Yaari

Meh. Why even do a 3DS one when you know the world wants to hear about something else. I'm not going to tune in.

They gotta' announce all those new 3DS games to make up for the NX's new Holiday 2017 launch.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point

Torokil

Boy howdy I sure cant wait for indies and gameplay info about games that are several months and years old by now.

Nintendo is fucking with us now.

Hakai

So the NX reveal can not be in a Direct on September right?

Two directs in one month is something that I don't think ever happened before.

PsionBolt

Puyo Puyo Chronicle
Detective Pikachu
Dragon Ball Fusions

Any other big pipe dream localization announcements I'm forgetting?
I'm assuming that SMT, EO, and MH are all on lock already, so no point taking the time to pray for those.
The Great Ace Attorney.

Kappa

Ha. Yeah, not even going to hope for that one at this point.

What do I keep saying? Nintendo has made an art form out of trolling their own fanbase.

And while many people are ready to hype this up as an example of being tonedeaf, what could they POSSIBLY have to announce, it will end up being an okay direct. This will be a solid direct full of some expected localizations, some release dates, maybe one or two totally new games we didn't know about, some Pokemon news, and probably a price drop.

We'll briefly acknowledge that it was better than expected, generally find more joy in the fact that senpai noticed us than anything that was actually said, and be sated for all of a week.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and a bunch of indie titles only a handful of us will play, but two people will be SUPER HYPE for.

ChaosXVI

Since this is going to be a simultaneous international Direct I'm expecting at least 1 significant surprise, even if it's something for 3DS. They could always announce Mother 3 is coming to 3DS along with Wii U or something. That would be worthy enough of an International Direct for me.

So the NX reveal can not be in a Direct on September right?

Two directs in one month is something that I don't think ever happened before.
I think the main thought was they'd do a live press conference to reveal their brand new system of the future and plan B would've been a Nintendo Direct.

maxcriden

They gotta' announce all those new 3DS games to make up for the NX's new Holiday 2017 launch.

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Yup, Exactly what I expect.

There's really no logical basis to think that at this point. Nintendo has repeatedly reiterated to their investors that March 2017 is the launch month, even recently. Nintendo hasn't specified a launch month and then delayed for 20ish years IIRC.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

I'd say the chances the launch is delayed so much, especially since they officially announced the date to investors, is very, very small. And, again, I don't think this Direct existing means that anything NX-related won't happen at all this month...it could be seen as an appetizer, as a way for Nintendo to reveal all the "major" news on the platform left before they start talking more deeply on NX.

I'm not surprised that the NX isn'r being discussed. I imagine the official reveal will be an actual live event with the press invited.

Crosses fingers for a Dragon Quest VIII release Date.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Nice to see they have enough support left in the tank for 3DS to even have a system specific Direct this late in the game.

Y'all some jerks that think they should drop support as soon as the new thing's on the horizon. Leaving the current install base behind is exactly what led to Wii interest dropping off a cliff at the end of that system's life, which in turn fed disinterest in Wii U.

Guessing this may be the last one for 3ds.

Theres still games coming out, especially this month regardless of people falsely moaning that 3ds is dead. Not really expecting much of a tease. Probably just polishing off the last few months before it is replaced

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
they are really trolling us, at this point.
btw, expecting highlights on DQVII, Sonic Ice & Fire, Ace Attorney and Pokemon S/M, I suppose?
It would be GREAT to have one little localization surprise (aka MH Stories with amiibo!!!)

EDIT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1271541
Here we have at least one localization surpirse. DB Fusion. Hope also for MH Stories :p
And Etryan oddissey 5, and fimr dates for SMT V Final.

Man, the 3ds has so many games of my interest >_<

Top Bottom