• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS VR2 Trailer: Innovative Gameplay Features

If I was going to buy a VR headset it wouldn't be one tied to any/one console platform. It feels like a long way off as a must have.

Given the detail in games like Hogwarts or controller based FPS etc I have zero desire for a gimped/walled garden VR headset.

To those with a PS matching their VR2, enjoy!

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
What is the reason exactly?

Let's remake the comparison from the same images you picked.

Here's $399 Quest 2 standalone
yyERg7M.jpg

Here's $550 PSVR2 headset only

images
I have money to afford the good one 😁

phaedrus

How good is cinematic mode you guys reckon. 4k oled up your eyeballs must do wonders for clarity.
"Cinematic Mode: You can view the PS5 system and UI and all non-VR game and media content, such as streaming apps, on a virtual cinema screen. Content in Cinematic Mode will be displayed in 1920×1080 HDR video format with 24/60Hz and also 120Hz frame rate."

willothedog

If I was going to buy a VR headset it wouldn't be one tied to any/one console platform. It feels like a long way off as a must have.

Given the detail in games like Hogwarts or controller based FPS etc I have zero desire for a gimped/walled garden VR headset.

To those with a PS matching their VR2, enjoy!

Hogwarts you say, pity you'll only get mods like the on PC :)

Say what you want about Sony, but their marketing is on point.
I'd say the excact opposite.
Without checking some PSVR channels I would not even know that this thing has more games coming than RE and GT, a bit hyperbolically speaking. While I think it has way too few games, lackluster support like VR1 had, again, the list is actually not that short if you do your homework yourself and not expect Sony to market everything to you.
From the CES moments to some trailers here and there, the whole road to VR2 campaign was imho very underwhleming and lacking many infos and possible hype. Where is a proper VR2 State of Play, experience, whatever? I don't like the whole drip feed Nintendo Direct thing much and want my PS4 era Sony back. A proper grand show for hw announcements, accompanied with a barrage of game announcements, where at the end I worry about not having enough time to ever play it all and not this shy approach where I barely know more than that it launches soon.

Gamerguy84

Sorry, just eager to see new footage, especially for GT7 :messenger_beaming:
No doubt lol. Yea it's the wrong one so I edited. I found it on reddit virtualreality last night but can't find it on YT search.

I have to go do things right now but will try and find it later.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
No doubt lol. Yea it's the wrong one so I edited. I found it on reddit virtualreality last night but can't find it on YT search.

I have to go do things right now but will try and find it later.

Can't wait to see it.

https://mixed-news.com/en/sony-heats-up-the-playstation-vr-2-hype-with-new-trailer/
Teased features include foveated rendering, a technique that makes game worlds appear particularly sharp and clear. The technique is enabled by eye-tracking that also allows you to determine the direction of grenades with your gaze alone. Another feature is headset haptics that let you feel the blows of your opponents as vibrations on your head.

Then there are the high-quality Sense controllers, which feature touch detection, adaptive triggers, and their own high-quality haptic effects.

What’s important is what comes after the launch​

Sony conveys a clear message with the trailer. An immersive experience package like this has not been available before and will not be available elsewhere anytime soon, whether on a TV or with other VR systems. Sony is likely to be right about that. Playstation VR 2 will be the benchmark for VR gaming for quite a while.

"Feel a new Real"

Well, one thing you can say is at least it appears so far Sony is taking PSVR2 seriously. They seem to be trying hard to show consumers that this headset is very improved compared to other currently out options, that don't cost a mortgage to buy.

Launch is not too long from now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dude I'm getting a PSVR2. It's not about liking It's about organization. This site has too many threads on too many subjects. I'll stop harping about it eventually. I promise.
This forum is fucking dead compared to the OG days lol.

Loxus

I'm generally curious if foveated rendering and eye tracking is automatic and done without much developer input.

If so, it would be cool for non vr titles.
We'll get all the foveated rendering performance benefits, plus eye tracking game play features if developers decided to add them.

Top Bottom