• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Starfield Leaks From Verified BSG Artist (Verified by J. Schrier) - Shooting Good, Flying Bad, Overabundance of Content & More

So is this actually verified or not?

As someone pointed in his comment history, he said he works as an indie developer over the past year or so.
Yes he works at Bethesda verified by Jason it looks like he broke NDA and delete his account and all his post are gone
So my guess is Bethesda is on his ass

So is this actually verified or not?

As someone pointed in his comment history, he said he works as an indie developer over the past year or so.
It's "verified" by a guy who got blacklisted by Bethesda. And from the sound of what he said, he only verified that the dev at some point worked at Bethesda, not what the dev actually said. I'd take it with a huge grain of salt.

anthony2690

Banned
Yes he works at Bethesda verified by Jason it looks like he broke NDA and delete his account and all his post are gone
So my guess is Bethesda is on his ass
Was he not there long or something? As he claimed to be an indie Dev in the past year, and I'm not sure I'd consider Bethesda as an indie Dev studio XD

HL3.exe

Don't care about visuals. Use the new horsepower on physics, AI, simulation and object persistence. Interesting ways to interact with the world.

I don't expect something groundbreaking, but people really need to stop shitting on their tech (Tech choice don't make buggy games, design does) and try to read up on how 'possibility spaces' work.

Using multiple open-ended systems that interact with each other (which Bethesda usually has) can create a lot of unpredictable errors (bugs), but having that kind of input freedom and interactivity still is rather unique. Making a lot of stuff physicalized and persistent in the world is still quite impressive, even though it eats up CPU cycles and memory bandwidth.

Was he not there long or something? As he claimed to be an indie Dev in the past year, and I'm not sure I'd consider Bethesda as an indie Dev studio XD
He said he was done working at Bethesda like a week ago
said he work on Starfield so it seem they are finish with the game
and are now doing final bugs fix and test

He decide to tell people this maybe he thinks that by him finish work on the game
that he can talk about but it turns out he broke his NDA with Bethesda
so that probably why he delete everything in fear of being sued

It's "verified" by a guy who got blacklisted by Bethesda. And from the sound of what he said, he only verified that the dev at some point worked at Bethesda, not what the dev actually said. I'd take it with a huge grain of salt.
It real no grain of salt needed the guy broke his NDA and delete everything he is a Dev at Bethesda he finish work there already

fermcr

Better wait for actual gameplay before making assumptions. Bethesda will likely release gamapleay videos and more info about Starfield by June.

Until then, let's play... THE WAITING GAME...

317cba1bba82a7b0433f0e3b20e07e1b.png

No need for excuses, it's not like the dev said anything super bad about the game. It actually sounded rather positive.

Yeah I agree. There's not even much to take from this anyway besides there being manual flying

I didn't think the engine being shit was revolutionary information either.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

So did he get fired from Bethesda and went online with this after? Whats the context here

And comparing to HFW is straight up console warring, and a poor point of comparison.

So did he get fired from Bethesda and went online with this after? Whats the context here

And comparing to HFW is straight up console warring, and a poor point of comparison.
"Question: How was your time there? Is Todd as charismatic as he looks in his interview? And I gotta ask, how's Starfield looking?, do you think it will hit the release date?

Answer: It was cool solid place to work, very secure. The engine is a piece of crap tho. Todd is a charismatic guy for sure. Starfield is looking good, weekly Thursday playtest since the beginning of the year, more and more stuff coming online. Shooting feels alright, flying is terrible atm imo just not fun to me. Lighting and stuff is looking better and better, tho it's not on the level of HFW or anything like that but still a good looking game. In terms of if it will ship on time, well they will try that's for sure, they'll cut what they did to etc, they have an overabundance of content, probably too much, so that's not the issue, finding the fun and of course bug fixing is the big thing. It's a sexy date tho and you only get one of those, beta is this summer, that's when the picture will truly become clear.

Question: Given NDA's and all that, Ill hold my breath on the truthfulness of the statement.

Answer: I'm not under NDA, i don't work there anymore. How can you have a space game without flying ships, if a mod wants to verify this info, i think i still have vids of playthroughs.

Question: How terrible is flying? Should we be worried about it impacting the final product?

Answer: Again, that's to me, you may love it. So it's hard to say, i'm really interested in knowing what some of you guys will think about the game in general. very very curious."

That is a part of what he said the rest seem to be gone when he delete everything cause he thought he was no longer under NDA

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Who actually thought it would look as good as horizon? I can probably only name 3 or 4 games that I personally think look close to as good as horizon and none of them are close to the scale or jank of a Bethesda game lol.

As long as its serviceable and offers me gameplay and RPG elements that I expect from them I don't care too much how it looks. I'd rather play Elden Ring every day of my life than play horizon but that's just me burning out on that kind of open world game.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

"Question: How was your time there? Is Todd as charismatic as he looks in his interview? And I gotta ask, how's Starfield looking?, do you think it will hit the release date?

Answer: It was cool solid place to work, very secure. The engine is a piece of crap tho. Todd is a charismatic guy for sure. Starfield is looking good, weekly Thursday playtest since the beginning of the year, more and more stuff coming online. Shooting feels alright, flying is terrible atm imo just not fun to me. Lighting and stuff is looking better and better, tho it's not on the level of HFW or anything like that but still a good looking game. In terms of if it will ship on time, well they will try that's for sure, they'll cut what they did to etc, they have an overabundance of content, probably too much, so that's not the issue, finding the fun and of course bug fixing is the big thing. It's a sexy date tho and you only get one of those, beta is this summer, that's when the picture will truly become clear.

Question: Given NDA's and all that, Ill hold my breath on the truthfulness of the statement.

Answer: I'm not under NDA, i don't work there anymore. How can you have a space game without flying ships, if a mod wants to verify this info, i think i still have vids of playthroughs.

Question: How terrible is flying? Should we be worried about it impacting the final product?

Answer: Again, that's to me, you may love it. So it's hard to say, i'm really interested in knowing what some of you guys will think about the game in general. very very curious."

That is a part of what he said the rest seem to be gone when he delete everything cause he thought he was no longer under NDA
Somethings off about this guy, you dont go online with this kind of stuff unless there is a reason. Maybe they didnt like his art and hes salty. Not knowing if youre under NDA or not is just unprofessional.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Why is he comparing the game against horizon? Graphics are all that game has. Bethesda games are all about world building, lore, interaction with the world, inmersión, emering gameplay and stories and most of all modding capabilities on PC.

You can't mod horizon or other Ubisoftian games to be good. I'd hate if Bethesda also fell on the Ubisoft open world game design trap...

Somethings off about this guy, you dont go online with this kind of stuff unless there is a reason. Maybe they didnt like his art and hes salty. Not knowing if youre under NDA or not is just unprofessional.
I don't know maybe he truly did not know that he broke NDA
but anyways i found couple more screenshots people took before he delete everything

orFreff.jpg

2pGVtrv.png

That all i could find can't find anything else lol

Hezekiah

Banned
It isn't on last gen consoles so what do you consider to be a next gen game?
I think he has overblown the whole next gen/cross gen thing. Certainly when it comes to visuals.

Horizon Forbidden West is cross gen, but visually it sounds like it might be better looking than Starfield anyway.

Other things need to considered anyway, particularly A.I., and also physics.

Mephisto40

Why is he comparing the game against horizon? Graphics are all that game has. Bethesda games are all about world building, lore, interaction with the world, inmersión, emering gameplay and stories and most of all modding capabilities on PC.

You can't mod horizon or other Ubisoftian games to be good. I'd hate if Bethesda also fell on the Ubisoft open world game design trap...
I'd hate it if Guerrilla Games fell into the Bethesda "It just works" trap as well

It's amazing how quick people are to forget what a disaster Fallout 76 was, and this game is based off the same technology

Last edited:

Laptop1991

i'm not bothered if it's still the creation engine, as i know the modders will fix it and improve the game as well at some point, as they always have, if it was a new engine then it might be a lot worse as there will be bugs lol.

I'm looking forward to the game, i'd like to see a trailer soon then my hype will go up a lot more.

sircaw

Banned
Shooting = good
Lots of content = good.
Still on target = good

A bit sad if the engine choice, i wish it was on the new unreal engine but it is what it is.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This is the artist's post. The post and the artist's account have since been deleted from Era so you can't find it anymore.

uJjt5sp.png

-

And here's Jason verifying that at least the person is who they said they are, while also debunking some other recent leaks.

12etjwo.png

--------

Update:

Context and archived quotes from Era before they got deleted:
I think the quote speaks well of the game, color me more optimistic not less :).

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I guess a beta is a good idea for a Bethesda single player game. Maybe they'll actually fix some bugs. Hadn't thought about that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Did it say beta in the summer? I wonder if that will be a Gamepass exclusive or something.

I guess a beta is a good idea for a Bethesda single player game. Maybe they'll actually fix some bugs. Hadn't thought about that.

Could just be a private invite-only beta like most games have.

I don't recall Bethesda games having public betas/released demos before release.

Kssio_Aug

Still don't know how people can be so hyped for a bethesda game at this point.
Other than Fallou 76, that I never even bothered trying since I'm not a fan of MP focused games, I absolutely loved Fallout 3, 4 and Skyrim. This is pretty much their next AAA single player game since Fallout 4... so I'm obviously excited. Actually, I can't understand why so many people are so negative about it. If I had to guess, it's because Bethesda is now a MS studio. But maybe I'm wrong... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just wish we had some gameplay already. But apparently it is already confirmed for June.

Last edited:

Kilau

Other than Fallou 76, that I never even bothered trying since I'm not a fan of MP focused games, I absolutely loved Fallout 3, 4 and Skyrim. This is pretty much their next AAA single player game since Fallout 4... so I'm obviously excited. Actually, I can't understand why so many people are so negative about it, if I had to guess, it's because Bethesda is now a MS studio. But maybe I'm wrong... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just wish we had some gameplay already. But apparently it was already confirmed for June.
Oh how predictable, it must be console wars and not their track record of over promising and releasing buggy, broken unfinished games.

Maybe they’ll get this one right but I’ll try it on PC gamepass rather than my series X so I can have console commands to fix things.

Kssio_Aug

Oh how predictable, it must be console wars and not their track record of over promising and releasing buggy, broken unfinished games.

Maybe they’ll get this one right but I’ll try it on PC gamepass rather than my series X so I can have console commands to fix things.
Yeah... I think it's more likely console wars rather than doubting that the creators of such popular games like Fallout and TES, which sold a fucking ton and were extremely well received by the critics, aren't capable of making a new good game. But again, maybe this possibly false impression is just in my head. ;)

Last edited:

You leave a spoon in a town in Skyrim. Return there 100 hrs later and it will still be there.

There are other countless things that creation engine does which few other games can match.

They have a special feel to their game. Maybe some other game made in generic engine and generic feel would be up to your taste?

Kilau

Yeah... I think it's more likely console wars rather than doubting that the creators of such popular games like Fallout and TES, which sold a fucking ton and were extremely well received by the critics, aren't capable of making a new good game. But again, maybe this possibly false impression is just in my head. ;)
Well console warriors view everything through that lens and are incapable of objectivity. At least you can admit it about yourself.

Bethesda didn’t create Fallout btw.

Kssio_Aug

Well console warriors view everything through that lens and are incapable of objectivity. At least you can admit it about yourself.

Bethesda didn’t create Fallout btw.
I meant Fallout 3 and 4. But I'm pretty sure you're being deliberately obtuse.

Kilau

You leave a spoon in a town in Skyrim. Return there 100 hrs later and it will still be there.

There are other countless things that creation engine does which few other games can match.

They have a special feel to their game. Maybe some other game made in generic engine and generic feel would be up to your taste?
You are hyped about spoons and telling me I have generic taste.

You are hyped about spoons and telling me I have generic taste.

Taking pot shots isn't very helpful.

Bethesda SP games have features that are not available elsewhere, and there is a price to pay for it.

That makes em special, something you get to play once in 5-6 yrs.

The world persistence (objects and NPCs), the incredible modability and the sheer size of the worlds is what makes the engine so special. Outer Worlds was on UE4 and not only were the open worlds somewhat small, mods for the game barely exist.

Kilau

Taking pot shots isn't very helpful.

Bethesda SP games have features that are not available elsewhere, and there is a price to pay for it.

That makes em special, something you get to play once in 5-6 yrs.
You made a dumb assumption and I replied based on what you posted and now you whine about “pot shots”.

The world persistence (objects and NPCs), the incredible modability and the sheer size of the worlds is what makes the engine so special. Outer Worlds was on UE4 and not only were the open worlds somewhat small, mods for the game barely exist.

There is ton more stuff that engine facilitate. Open ended nature, truly unique builds and gameplay to support them etc from top of my head.

I will spend ridiculous amount of time to learn ins and outs of the rpg system.

MonarchJT

Banned
with elden ring .(which unfortunately for me I don't like soulslike)..this game it will be the best that this gen has given us

Top Bottom