• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros. DS movie

Namomura

Looks great, nostalgia, probably one of the best upcoming games for Nintendo DS :

http://www.jeux-france.com/downloads3832_video-new-super-mario-bros.html

30261020050609_221136_9_big.jpg

olimario

Banned
I can't beleive Kobun actually believes that shakycam footage is a waste of time for major media sites. The best footage and information comes from these videos, not the copy and pasted broll footage.

Ryck

Damn you Nintendo!!!!!!!!

+1 Ds

I was already thinking about it for Castlevania......that pushed me off the fence...

Teddman

olimario said:
I can't beleive Kobun actually believes that shakycam footage is a waste of time for major media sites. The best footage and information comes from these videos, not the copy and pasted broll footage.
Shakey cam footage is the best, I agree. You get to see regular people playing the games, not just the stuff publishers send out for PR. As for quality, who cares if it's not direct capture? It's not like I burn my gaming videos to DVD for posterity.

SantaC

Teddman said:
Shakey cam footage is the best, I agree. You get to see regular people playing the games, not just the stuff publishers send out for PR. As for quality, who cares if it's not direct capture? It's not like I burn my gaming videos to DVD for posterity.

jeux france often comes through with new footage and news. IGN just sucks these days. cant believe i still pay them.

I never got why people go so apeshit over new colors, and even considering buying ANOTHER system just cause the color is different.
Maybe with the DS, its different, cause the current color is jank?

Juice

Teddman said:

Even when IGN does direct feed stuff, they always have some thumbless retard playing games like Kirby anyway--and just fumbling around in the game is really the only downside of shakycam footage as far as most of us are concerned if it's not actually that shaky or glary.

Ryck

8.6 GREAT! said:
I never got why people go so apeshit over new colors, and even considering buying ANOTHER system just cause the color is different.
Maybe with the DS, its different, cause the current color is jank?
And I never got why soda comes in multiple flavors.......or why cars come in multiple colors......I mean wtf.

olimario

Banned
Ryck said:
And I never got why soda comes in multiple flavors.......or why cars come in multiple colors......I mean wtf.

I think he means people who buy a red sp after already owning an indigo one.
If I have a blue accord, I'm not going to buy a newly released red one just because it's red.

Ryck

olimario said:
I think he means people who buy a red sp after already owning an indigo one.
If I have a blue accord, I'm not going to buy a newly released red one just because it's red.
Your sensible.... now would you say that you are the exception or the rule?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
ROCK! The return of the mushroom and fireball.

BTW, what were the other two levels on demo at E3?

bogg

It's not like i got a DS and I want another red one.
I'm thinking of buying one, but i dont like the silver one and the red is just so hot.
Only problem is, i live in Israel and i dont know of a way to import without getting fucked by the customes (the ds costs around 260$ here).
Any way, just saw the video, awesome, but i wish it used sprites :\

ge-man

That was almost beautiful IMHO. Not only do I hope that the game has the same physics model as Mario64 as jarrod mentions--I want some kind of combo system similar to Jungle Beat if at all possible.

The DS library is really shaping up right now. I might be playing the DS more than I ever did my GBA ;by the end of this year.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Juice said:
Even when IGN does direct feed stuff, they always have some thumbless retard playing games like Kirby anyway--and just fumbling around in the game is really the only downside of shakycam footage as far as most of us are concerned if it's not actually that shaky or glary.
Yeah, most of the IGN Kirby Canvas Curse videos are AWFUL.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
bogg said:
It's not like i got a DS and I want another red one.
I'm thinking of buying one, but i dont like the silver one and the red is just so hot.
Only problem is, i live in Israel and i dont know of a way to import without getting fucked by the customes (the ds costs around 260$ here).
Any way, just saw the video, awesome, but i wish it used sprites :\
Hmm... weren't you inquiring at GAF about getting a DS or waiting until you came back to America like two months ago? :O

I'm sure that this game is going to absolutely play like a dream, but could we bring in a team with some talent to handle the graphics? It just looks so uninspired and bland. How about a Paper Mario style to it, which, if they had planned it all along, would open up more gameplay options given the DS functionality.

olimario said:

And if E3 were eight days long, maybe they'd have time. As it stands, they do not. Give up.

olimario

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
And if E3 were eight days long, maybe they'd have time. As it stands, they do not. Give up.

Recording footage of E3 games takes absolutely no time at all. At E32003 I spent 30 minutes taking pictures of games being played. Replace my camera with a camcorder and I could have easy gotten 5 minutes of footage of the major titles on display in Nintendo's booth in that 30 minutes.

They have plenty of time.

Ark-AMN

Banned
This was such a fun game at E3, particularly the "co-op" competition where you had to race against a friend to reach the end of the level.

Its definately on my buy list.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Oh my fuck. That video spread a smile across my face and put a lump in my throat. Must have. Must have. Must have.

GDGF

Soothsayer
SantaCruZer said:
jeux france often comes through with new footage and news. IGN just sucks these days. cant believe i still pay them.

Agreed. Jeux france needs an english site (like that would ever happen :lol)

Raw64life

Looks just as awesome as I thought it would. Like most 3D in DS games, the screenshots looked shitty but it looks great in motion. Just hope it isn't as easy as it looks. There was a power-up every 5 feet on the level he was playing. Love the old school sound effects and the flag at the end of the stage.

skip

olimario said:
Recording footage of E3 games takes absolutely no time at all. At E32003 I spent 30 minutes taking pictures of games being played. Replace my camera with a camcorder and I could have easy gotten 5 minutes of footage of the major titles on display in Nintendo's booth in that 30 minutes.

They have plenty of time.

major media sites also have to write stories, go to meetings, and conduct interviews.

Deku

Banned
Looks oldschool. After boring me with Sunshine and Mario 64's general move away from the roots feel, this 2.5 D DS title is just the kind of mario game i'm looking for.

bogg

GaimeGuy said:
Hmm... weren't you inquiring at GAF about getting a DS or waiting until you came back to America like two months ago? :O
Nope. Never been in America actually :\

While it looks like the gameplay is present and correct, visually it's really disappointing... where's the flair of SMW and Yoshi's Island or even Paper Mario (different genre I know but hey it's 2D-ish). Hopefully this is early, early stuff.

nubbe

holy shit! why has it taken nintendo so many years to make a proper mario game!
that is some of hotest stuff i have ever seen!

I will have hot sex with my DS tonight.

i'm with others here in the sense that i love that it's back to the mario roots with power ups, etc. but the visual style is lacking charm.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This game was great. People were playing it for fucking ages. I started to get really frustrated at the guy in front of me, he'd play through all different game modes, try again... and again... and again.

Top Bottom