• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Game Potentially Leaked by Nintendo Insider

Woopah

Nate is more reliable than Zippo I feel, but Nate never actually said that a Mario Warriors was in development. So there's nothing really to go on there.

Lunarorbit

I really thought at the beginning of the switch we were seeing a rededication of effort in terms of 1st party games.

Zelda, metroid, and donkey Kong... How hard is it to even give two shits about these series? Wii u Zelda, hyrule warriors, and a port of a 30 year old game.

Nope, just keep putting out creatively brain dead pokemon games

SaintALia

Bowser's Fury was the last Mario game, released in 2021.
"Nintendo has not released a completely new main series"
"Brand-new Super Mario experiences have been hard to come by in recent years, with the closest fans have gotten being the Bowser's Fury expansion that was tacked on to the Super Mario 3D World re-release."

But yea, of course Nintendo would be working on a new Super Mario game. A 2D game though? I don't know, but it would make sense for them to release something to go along with the movie, something four player would make sense, but I'm not sure if they're ging to be making more 2D, though it would be faster for them to crank out and release in time for the movie.

But it's Nintendo, so you never know, a new Super Mario Bros could either be:
3D Mario in the vein of Odyssey
3D Mario in the vein of 3D World
2D Mario

Or they could change it up once again and present something (kinda) new.

Swift_Star

Banned
"Nintendo has not released a completely new main series"
"Brand-new Super Mario experiences have been hard to come by in recent years, with the closest fans have gotten being the Bowser's Fury expansion that was tacked on to the Super Mario 3D World re-release."

But yea, of course Nintendo would be working on a new Super Mario game. A 2D game though? I don't know, but it would make sense for them to release something to go along with the movie, something four player would make sense, but I'm not sure if they're ging to be making more 2D, though it would be faster for them to crank out and release in time for the movie.

But it's Nintendo, so you never know, a new Super Mario Bros could either be:
3D Mario in the vein of Odyssey
3D Mario in the vein of 3D World
2D Mario

Or they could change it up once again and present something (kinda) new.
A Full 3D game would only come with a brand new console, I think.

Top Bottom