• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V

Deerock71

thats a penis GIF
You need to go see a urologist, stat!

th4tguy

Very optimistic for this game. No preorder though as I’m waiting for technical analysis. I couldn’t finish xbc2 because how much of a mess it was in handheld mode. Worried this one is looking very similar.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Very optimistic for this game. No preorder though as I’m waiting for technical analysis. I couldn’t finish xbc2 because how much of a mess it was in handheld mode. Worried this one is looking very similar.
Based on this preview the performance is solid.

carlosrox

Banned
Can't wait to get fucked good by this game 🤣

Metroid Dread and then this? Gaming HEAVEN.

HYBRID HEAVEN pun intended 🤣🤣🤣
Switch Heaven! Nintendo Heaven! Japanese gaming heaven!

🎶 This Switch is on fiiiiire🎶

This game looks like it's got something to say. This game looks like it's got something to say to me. And I wanna have a listen!

Speaking of listening, can't wait to hear the music, sound effects, and voice acting. This kind of thing begs to be heard in Japanese. Japanese demon stuff in Japanese = one of the fuckin coolest things ever. Them demonic voices. I'm sure it'll sound cool in English too though!

Last edited:

Tschumi

kinda triggered by how they're doing the protagonist's eyes, but i live in tokyo and that station at the start was striking... colour me intrigued! ps. love persona

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Watched the EZA preview. Im going to go ahead and get it. The art style is just too good. If I hate the game it's my fault, but I will give the series one last try.

Im also currently into Dungeon Encounters so Im going to feel ready for a battle heavy jrpg I think.

Reactions: Isa

Danjin44

I just noticed something.....
snYzcCp.png

HKrPeMD.png

Kohryu confirmed.
F3d9YWh.png

He must pretty huge, if you can see him from that distance.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

carlosrox

Banned
I wouldnt really care if it wasn't totally smooth but any word on the performance/res?

I think I may have asked this already and forgot.. Pretty steady 30?

Obviously I do prefer me a smooth experience as possible but stutters and stuff ain't really ever a deal breaker for me unless you're Turok 2 on the N64 or the original version of The Last Guardian. Link's Awakening on Switch does get pretty damn distracting too...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I wouldnt really care if it wasn't totally smooth but any word on the performance/res?

I think I may have asked this already and forgot.. Pretty steady 30?

Obviously I do prefer me a smooth experience as possible but stutters and stuff ain't really ever a deal breaker for me unless you're Turok 2 on the N64 or the original version of The Last Guardian. Link's Awakening on Switch does get pretty damn distracting too...
Some previews talk about performance being better than expected.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They made themselves perfectly clear that I shouldn’t take their review seriously if thats the angle they going for with SMT5 review.

It's not a review but a preview and they make it ABUNDANTLY clear that they are not familiar with the Megami Tensei brand as a whole (having only P5R).

. . .it's also a really odd thing to call out as they aren't particularly (if at all) negative about the game, instead highlighting differences between it and what is inarguably the larger property in the US, Persona.

Danjin44

(if at all) negative about the game
The person called the game "stripped down version of Persona 5 Royal." Just because SMT5 doesn't have S.Link system.....come one that just downright stupid thing to say.

chaseroni

Really hoping this looks and runs well in handheld. Would love to see native 720p but I don't wanna get disappointed

Jsisto

So many demons. Are they meant to be replaced by stronger ones you find as you progress in the game, or is it more like pokemon where it’s more for variety?

Danjin44

So many demons. Are they meant to be replaced by stronger ones you find as you progress in the game, or is it more like pokemon where it’s more for variety?
Yes, most of the time the demons you get trough negotiation you will use for fusion and you put skills they will inherited from the demon you used as fusion material.

Also you need to make balance party, for example you need to make Demon focus on physical attacks or magical attack and make make demon focus on healing and buff/debuffs.

You need fuse often because most Demons out live their usefulness when you face stronger enemies.

Last edited:

Jsisto

Yes, most of the time the demons you get trough negotiation you will use for fusion and you put skills they will inherited from the demon you used as fusion material.

Also you need to make balance party, for example you you need make Demon focus on physical attacks or magical attack and make make demon focus on healing and buff/debuffs.

You need fuse often because most Demons out live their usefulness when you face stronger enemies.
I see, so I’ll probably have demons filling very specific roles, and probably look to replace them when I find similar ones as I get to new and harder areas of the map?

Danjin44

I see, so I’ll probably have demons filling very specific roles, and probably look to replace them when I find similar ones as I get to new and harder areas of the map?
In SMT5 there is mechanic called skill affinity, some Demons have high affinity for certain skills, for example some Demons have high affinity for healing skilling which make effect stronger and takes less MP to use.

Also you can only get Demons that same level as MC you can't negotiate or fuse Demons that are higher level than the MC.

Danjin44

Preordered this just now. Wasnt even available for pick up at Best Buy in my town. Shipping only. Probably very limited copies.
SMT game's physical copy becomes very hard to find, currently its almost impossible to find the copy for SMTIV normal way in Canada.

Last edited:
Top Bottom