• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V

You guys need to consume more Japanese media if you're still confused that MC is a guy.

Case in point:

Scary fact. That character above IS voiced by a guy VA (Ayumu Murase, who's over 30. But he voices chars like Haikyuu Hinata, and Venti from Genshin)

Holy shit what?

It's true, I don't consume much Japanese media, mostly because turns me off seeing too much pervy and childish behavior shit mixed together (any anime recommendation is welcomed). Just recently started getting into anime and started with Evangelion.

Btw, I don't like the super long blue hair. Looks so awkward.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

It has been said 100 times, the guy literally wearing male school uniform at start of the trailer, if that doesn't make it obvious for you then no one can help you.

He has feminine face but his body makes it pretty obvious that his a male.
TjgYuLu.png
ypR5xOC.png
Honestly, from the original teaser trailer from last year, I thought it was a chick. Kinda disappointed to be honest. Thought it would be refreshing to have a female protagonist.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Looks like we are getting daily trailers showcasing some demons.
Yap, Atlus marketing has started, they gonna show EVERYTHING before the game comes out.

Honestly, from the original teaser trailer from last year, I thought it was a chick. Kinda disappointed to be honest. Thought it would be refreshing to have a female protagonist.
You have only yourself blame for that, at very first proper trailer they showed him with male school uniform.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
SMT needs to be as much like this as possible.

Watch this classic masterpiece if you haven't already.

The main character/Other Tokyo/possession thing reminds me strongly of Battle Royal High School.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Press turn changes.
Not sure if I love being able to pass turns that easily but whatever, I'm sure they are doing their best to tune and balance it as best as possible.

I kind of like the buff changes here, as much as I love Nocturne, the buffs in that games was too OP.
Yeah same here. Most bosses didn't have Dekunda/Dekaja so it was sometimes too easy to just buff yourself and stomp them.

Shouta

Not sure if I love being able to pass turns that easily but whatever, I'm sure they are doing their best to tune and balance it as best as possible.

Yeah same here. Most bosses didn't have Dekunda/Dekaja so it was sometimes too easy to just buff yourself and stomp them.

Was that the case with bosses? I swear at least a couple did that on the harder difficulties but it's been awhile. A Dekunda/Dekaja was added to the hidden boss in the Maniax Chronicle version (with Raidou) which made him a hard ass fight even with a full kitted team.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I hope this brings japanese voices cause I don't want to skip it till... idk, 10 years ahead when I can emulate a undub version... or it comes to PC (let's pray!).

I'm hyped as F for this game.

Danjin44

It’s seems they kind of went back to old design angels.
mUbQhkI.jpg

But more creepy and mechanical.....I like it.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

The game is set in the post apocalypse. Your goal is to kill & recruit powerful demons.

There are no sports clubs. There is no dating. You are the only nigga left alive to shoot/slice your enemies. its straight up demon time.
That's a bit disappointing I think I prefer the social aspects of Persona more. Mementos was such a repetitive drag for me.

Also I think the game looks good but Atlus should stick to anime Cel shading.

Danjin44

That's a bit disappointing I think I prefer the social aspects of Persona more. Mementos was such a repetitive drag for me.

Also I think the game looks good but Atlus should stick to anime Cel shading.
That style doesn’t fit SMT, at all. I enjoyed Persona series but SMT games are soooooooo much better and they don’t have randomly generated dungeons like Mementos.

Ryu Kaiba

That style doesn’t fit SMT, at all. I enjoyed Persona series but SMT games are soooooooo much better and they don’t have randomly generated dungeons like Mementos.
good to hear, I want to encourage Atlus to bring more games over so I will give it a shot.

Danjin44

good to hear, I want to encourage Atlus to bring more games over so I will give it a shot.
I would say play SMTIII Nocturne or SMTVI to see how gameplay loops works in SMT games. Persona series might have press turn combat but both are vastly different games from each other.

For Example: in SMT Demons are not your powers like in Persona, they are your party members, so Fusion is much more important because you basically building your party members. Also if one of your Demons dies in battle is not as simple as using revival item or spell to bring them back. Once revive them you need waste another turn to summon them, so you need think about if the Demon worth bringing back or just summon different Demon from your reserved stock.

Last edited:

Osaka_Boss

In this one it seems Lucifer I'd very straightforward and not trying to be your senpai and tell you Papa yashua is bad, the guy is already show in it's full form

We can take that this one will be very Law centered. We wipe demons to help Law and Gods! A total antithesis to SMT3 🤣🤣 I see what you did there Atlus. Pretty boy in Saint Seiya uniform representing god vs Barre demonic boy in shirts run omg on the wild representing Satan 🤣

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I like the US SE better than the Japanese one, fingers crossed we get something in Europe as well.

Danjin44

vwfX1XT.png

bcs.gif

Here I thought SMT series is not popular enough in west so I would have chance to grab the Premium Edition.

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
At this point I'm convinced Scalpers and their Bots just target anything involving Collectors or Special Edition items from Nintendo knowing they can scalp them for an extortion above market value to Nintendo super fans.

Danjin44

At this point I'm convinced Scalpers and their Bots just target anything involving Collectors or Special Edition items from Nintendo knowing they can scalp them for an extortion above market value to Nintendo super fans.
PbHu3KD.gif

I honestly don't care about the bag or shirt, what really want is that Demon hand book.

And soundtrack, but I'm going to end up paying the scalper toll at some point :(. I've got every SMT launch/special edition since Persona 3, even the Deep Strange Journey 25th anniversary import.

This shit sucks - first Metroid Dread and now this. Companies really need to crack down on this scalping shit, but I guess a sale is a sale so they don't care.

Top Bottom