• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ways to travel, better city map and other Quality of Life Features are coming to Starfield in 2024

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Sad Baby GIF
3fD44Gv.png

Fredrik

Awesome! 200+ hours logged already, very interested to see where they take this thing through updates. 6 weeks between updates sounds great if it’s not just tiny fixes, should keep me popping in frequently.

New ways of traveling… Hoping it’s a new type of surface traversal. Hovercraft?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
280 hours and no where near done?? Show us the receipts.
I posted my info in the Xbox year end numbers thread. Have at it. In that thread you will see a ton of us with 100+ hours with Starfield.

I’m at 280+ hours and still on my first playthrough, I’ve only started and completed one faction.

I spent a lot of time exploring, ship building and grinding xp.

Fredrik

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a mediocre game carried so hard by a segment of console fanboys. It’s crazy, absolutely crazy.
Post your favorite game and I guarantee someone think it’s trash. Accept that not everyone like the same types of games.

Also, there are console gamers playing this but the biggest group of fans are no doubt on PC. As for myself I haven’t played it for a second on console. I barely even play on console in general, 46 hours logged on Xbox and 18 hours on PS5 in 2023 🤷‍♂️

Go check nexusmods, new mods arrive every day, for visuals and gameplay. Some mods are pretty awesome tbh

Draugoth

Gold Member
Starfield_LargeHero_ArtGiveaway.png

Source

As the year draws to a close, we want to say thank you from the whole team for all the time you've spent in Starfield and all the passion you have for the game. In 2024, we'll be updating roughly every six weeks starting with our next major update in February. Here's some of what we have planned on top of regular bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements:
  • City maps
  • New ways to travel
  • New ways to customize your ships
  • New gameplay options to further adjust difficulty
  • Official mod support with the launch of Creations
  • Our first story expansion, Shattered Space
More info on all of the above will be coming soon but for now, we hope you all have a relaxing holiday season and we can't wait to continue this journey with you in the new year.

graywolf323

they really really should have started this right after launch instead of 5+ months after launch…

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Draugoth

Gold Member
You already posted it

I will ask the Mods to merge this with the old one since it has new info,

GHG

You already posted it

More threads, more engagement.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Next week, on January 17, we’ll be putting our biggest Starfield update yet into Steam Beta with over 100 fixes and improvements, with a planned release date for all players two weeks later. Here’s some of what you can expect!

This update contains a multitude of fixes to Quests. Eye of the Storm issues such as being unable to dock with the Legacy or data transfer not starting, and Temples not showing up in 'Into the Unknown', will no longer prevent Constellation from exploring the cosmos.

Additionally, this update brings stability improvements and numerous graphic improvements ranging from additional widescreen support to improved textures, lighting, and shadows. See the character creation before and after shots attached below.

Other fixes and improvements include sun disk geometry, planet ring shadows, bulldozed objects reappearing when returning to an Outpost, ship hatches marked inaccessible, and another fix for asteroids following ships. The full update notes will be posted next week when the Steam Beta is released!

Top Bottom