• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New xbox 360 Need for speed: Most wanted screens

thorns

Banned
1_full.jpg

1_full.jpg

1_full.jpg

not bad.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
One thing about the next-gen of games is that the line between render and screenshot is forever blurred. Yay. Pfft.

The textures on that BMW's bonnet are terrible, especially the BMW logo. :lol
The rest looks pretty good though. nice Anti Aliasing. :)

Meier

One thing that has to be said, the frame rate on this game was absolute garbage at E3. Yeah it might not have been optimized or whatever, but it was running at 25 fps at most.. and frequently below that.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Shompola said:
wow. looks good but to be honest I dont think wow next gen, actually it looks like an enhanced xbox game.
I really hate saying this, but seriously nothing else is more of a perfect response than this: Xbox 1.5

_Angelus_

Banned
Well it is EA afterall,they set the bar low and continue to do so consistently plus who knows what type of kit EA have right now.

Looka at PGR3 though,makes EA's efforts look more than a joke.

Borys

Banned
Mr Mike said:
One thing about the next-gen of games is that the line between render and screenshot is forever blurred. Yay. Pfft.

You are joking, right?

This is a screenshot:
car20jb.jpg

This is a render:
car5ft.jpg

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
They are both renders, one is real-time and one is not. :)

The game looked good at E3, but played skittish. Of course it was running on the alpha kits and wasn't at all optimalized. Bunch of whiny cynical people, no one is forcing you to buy an alpha kit Xbox 360 or it's half way in development software...

raYne

Gantz said:
Yay for FMV and pre-rendered shots! :lol
Please tell me you aren't saying that's what these pics are, 'cause if so you need to be barred from judging anything... ever...

Anyway, the pics look good. Some crappy textures etc but.. >insert excuse about early dev kit/you won't be standing still anyway<

Borys

Banned
Kobold said:
They are both renders, one is real-time and one is not. :)

Well, yeah, of course but it sounded like Mr Mike can't tell a difference between a real-time and an offline render.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Borys said:
Well, yeah, of course but it sounded like Mr Mike can't tell a difference between a real-time and an offline render.

Ahhhahahaha. Er no. What I mean is that these 'screens' are not how the game will look on everyone's TV when the game is out, is it? These are taken from silly angles with a debug. When I'm racing against the police, the game won't look like that, will it?

Borys

Banned
Mr Mike said:
Ahhhahahaha. Er no. What I mean is that these 'screens' are not how the game will look on everyone's TV when the game is out, is it? These are taken from silly angles with a debug. When I'm racing against the police, the game won't look like that, will it?

Correct :) racing the police in SP mode will surely look different - HUD, normal "behind-the-car" camera etc.

Maybe it will be possible to take these kind of shots (from thorns' post) in some kind of "replay" or "free camera" mode?

Piepz

Bah, EA stays EA...
Sorry, but some of you guys (who says that this game looks like "this gen") don't know a shit about graphics. No offense.
Over and out.

Gantz

Banned
raYne said:
Please tell me you aren't saying that's what these pics are, 'cause if so you need to be barred from judging anything... ever...

Anyway, the pics look good. Some crappy textures etc but.. >insert excuse about early dev kit/you won't be standing still anyway<

I want in game shots like behind the dashboard or side door looking out not some pretty renders that will end up in the intro of the game. Funny they never show you what the game is like in action until you actually play the game *cough* GT4 *cough* (looked like ass in motion).

Sorry, but some of you guys (who says that this game looks like "this gen") don't know a shit about graphics. No offense.
Over and out.

Sorry but you're hyping yourself up for disappointment. :lol

raYne

Gantz said:
I want in game shots like behind the dashboard or side door looking out not some pretty renders that will end up in the intro of the game. Funny they never show you what the game is like in action until you actually play the game *cough* GT4 *cough* (looked like ass in motion).
I understand your point, but when was the last time you saw in game pics of an upcoming title five months before release? I certainly can't remember...

I haven't seen any PGR3 in game shots either, so I hope you're just as vocal in those threads and other upcoming games as well.

Gantz

Banned
raYne said:
I understand your point, but when was the last time you saw in game pics of an upcoming title five months before release? I certainly can't remember...

I haven't seen any PGR3 in game shots either, so I hope you're just as vocal in those threads as well

Criterion did a pretty good job releasing in game media with Burnout 3. Their big selling point was the gameplay. So why are other developers afraid?

Piepz

Gantz said:
Sorry but you're hyping yourself up for disappointment. :lol
First of all I have no interest in this and other EA games. I'm not saying that this game looks like "OMGWTFBBQ" title, but c'mon. It certainly doesn't look like THIS gen.

raYne

seismologist said:
*looks at first pic*
Oh ya... that's a shitload of realism right there...

Let's wait 'till we at least get some comparable shots before we compare things shall we.

raYne

Ruzbeh said:
I bet that was what you said when you first saw the PD0 screenshots!
I never said anything about the PD0 shots... ever.. since I'm a big advocate of judging final results rather than early shots from builds of unknown dates.

Seems some here are just standing on the side of the road with their thumb up looking for a bandwagon to jump onto.

Borys

Banned
seismologist said:
looks like crap, IMO. I was expecting better realism for next gen games.

Even trackmania sunrise does a better job in some ways.

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/art...08110054825.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/art...20101602905.jpg

PC games will always have better textures, ALWAYS.

Even UE3 will run on 0.5 texture resolution on 360/PS3 and full texture resolution on PCs.

Unreal Engine 3 official site:

Normal Maps & Texture maps

We are authoring most character and world normal maps and texture maps at 2048x2048 resolution. We feel this is a good target for games running on mid-range PC's in the 2006 timeframe. Next-generation consoles may require reducing texture resolution by 2X, and low-end PC's up to 4X, depending on texture count and scene complexity.

It's all about the RAM, consoles can have 10GHz of processing power but PCs beat'em with your average 1 GB of memory (Battlefield 2 runs best with 2 GB of RAM!).

Borys said:
PC games will always have better textures, ALWAYS.

Even UE3 will run on 0.5 texture resolution on 360/PS3 and full texture resolution on PCs.

Unreal Engine 3 official site:

It's all about the RAM, consoles can have 10GHz of processing power but PCs beat'em with your average 1 GB of memory (Battlefield 2 runs best with 2 GB of RAM!).

I think the Xbox360 should atleast be able to run the UE3 at 1024x1024 texture resolution.

Borys

Banned
OG_Original Gamer said:
I think the Xbox360 should atleast be able to run the UE3 at 1024x1024 texture resolution.

Err... high-end PCs will do it at 2Kx2K resolution, 360 at 1Kx1K, low-end PCs at 512x512.

Your point was?

Redbeard

Banned
Looks okay, but I'm getting tired of seeing shadowless objects. It's inexcusable for next-gen as far as I'm concerned.

Borys said:
Err... high-end PCs will do it at 2Kx2K resolution, 360 at 1Kx1K, low-end PCs at 512x512.

Your point was?

The quote you posted from the Epic, say's that mid range PC's should have textures at 2048x2048. Then goes on to say that consoles would may be 2 times less than that, what I got from that is 512x512. I assumed this was put up on the Unreal site before they got Xbox360 specs and devkits.

If by mid-range, they were saying high-end PC's, then my mistake.

Top Bottom