• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage

I’ve been away from the thread most of the day. Can you provide a summary of the latest shenanigans?

season 3 confusion GIF

Reallink

As already mentioned, we dont allow the F word, N word and T word.

This is not a new policy.

T word is going to come as a "surprise" to the sages among us. It was a longstanding Neogaf meme for people to post desktop screencaps with T-----suprise.com hidden among their open tabs. Of particular note is that it was the Era defecting mods that allowed that and was afaik still permitted up to or quite close to the great exodus. Just goes to show how far left society has slid in only the past 5 years or so where stuff that radical progressive allowed a few years ago is now completely verboten by "alt right" forums. FWIW, I was under the impressions (as are probably a lot of people) that's how transvestites referred themselves in shorthand.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I’m pretty sure the data is classified and treated differently based on risk, so something like a public forum post would be low risk compared private medical information tied to someone’s actual name/docs. At least that’s what I seem to recall based on a crash course I had years ago, I’ve never actually had to apply that info professionally so it’s fuzzy
Also the main commercial part applies to companies needing to have ‘legitimate interest’ to contact you regarding products and services. Mind you this is proactive act like sending you an email to your registered address you provided during registration process, Google Ads can be served in a personalised way but you can refuse them, then you will see generic ones. The email needs also to provide an unsubscribe link and (technically) it should be a one-click unsubscribe process, without requiring you to select any option (90% of companies don’t respect that).

Here I just explained 90% of regulation that applies in practice. The rest is data processor / data controller part and data officer in each company responsible for user data.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They can and will do whatever they want with Reset user data.
No lies detected.

Like I said it is just a matter of trust in who is holding your data.
I have zero experience in the website user database thing, but all I know is in companies when someone buys another, that new buyer gets everything.

And that includes databases of financial info as well as everyone keeps humming along with customer lists, mailing lists, email marketing blasts etc....

Nobody has to start from scratch and round up 30 years of contact info and customer info from the ground up. So why would a website be different?

ethomaz

Banned
I have zero experience in the website user database thing, but all I know is in companies when someone buys another, that new buyer gets everything.

And that includes databases of financial info as well as everyone keeps humming along with customer lists, mailing lists, email marketing blasts etc....

Nobody has to start from scratch and round up 30 years of contact info and customer info from the ground up. So why would a website be different?
Yeap they got everything.

The question ERA should be doing is “I trust MOBA enough to have my data in their hands?”… it is the same for big companies like Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook… at the end you are trusting them to hold all your data.

Or actual bank account… you trust them to have your data (in this case financial data and I know that behind the scenes they share that between them… at least in Brasil… but of course nobody can prove if not these banks are fucked).

Last edited:

Star-Lord

They're all bitching about GDPR in circles again. The thread continues to wind down.
GDPR? I’m assuming that’s something to do with data? Let me guess, it’s just dawning on the poor cuckolds that their data is now in the hands of their new overlords, and are worried about their privacy?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
GDPR? I’m assuming that’s something to do with data? Let me guess, it’s just dawning on the poor cuckolds that their data is now in the hands of their new overlords, and are worried about their privacy?
Yep. Basically B-Dubs is saying nothing will change while ignoring the reality that Moba will use the data (not sell) to get more money for their direct-buy adverts.

They're talking in circles because no one will actually address or answer one another because of pride/ego.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I've literally never heard a single human being utter any of those words. Well, except Turk, but not in an offensive way. :messenger_medmask:

Are you sure the "T-word" is on that list?
That's only ethnic slurs. There's whole other lists for reglious slurs, gendered slurs, and political slurs.

marjo

I’m all for accessibility options.

Remove spiders is not one of them… that is the point… spider is an animal like any other else… you don’t need to devs to change their design to allow people with fear of spider to play it.

I have fear of frogs… I can touch ou get near 2 meter one… it is crazy my blood pressure even goes high when I see one… I enter in panic.

But that doesn’t make me want games to not have frogs.

It's a matter of degrees. Arachnophobia affects an estimated 3.5% - 6.1% of the global population. That's probably large enough to make the effort. I don't see a problem with it.

Star-Lord

Yep. Basically B-Dubs is saying nothing will change while ignoring the reality that Moba will use the data (not sell) to get more money for their direct-buy adverts.

They're talking in circles because no one will actually address or answer one another because of pride/ego.
They really do live in a dream world, don’t they?

Umbasaborne

Banned
jaDhfLZ.png
This is an actual post. Never mind all the shit that really matters, the spiders got to go. I can’t believe this place sold for $4.5 million.
That whole thread was a cluster fuck of cry babies passing off their fears as “dissabities”. Fucking vultures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom