• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The lack of awareness is pretty astounding. There are people actually expecting the former owner, who has a long history of never posting or engaging with the community, to respond to the criticism after washing his hands of the whole thing and having literally no reason to owe them anything.
It’s amazing how some people think he’ll make a comeback and give money back to the mods when the whole time he said nothing and paid nothing for years despite making annual profits.

CKhCvAc.png

Stop It Full House GIF

I'm going to put you on the ignore list from now on.

SantaC

REEEEE are a bunch of hypocrites, they love Nintendo and Japan stuff. But Japan doesnt share Era views. They are very strict of letting 3rd world immigrants into their country. Japanese views on women are still lagging behind. Someone should call out the lefties at era for their double standards.

Loope

I don't get why you would want Reee posters here. Even if they weren't actively spamming SJW insanity, they were still totally fine with everyone getting banned left and right for insane reasons. As well as thousands of websites, people and opinions getting banned.
Some people there were/are actually there for the games. They couldn't give two fucks who gets banned or some shit like that. I know i didn't.

To those who want to welcome former ERA members back here:

Yes, we should be open-minded, but careful. The argument that I've seen made in this thread is that there are a "decent number of ERA folk who just want to talk about video games." While that may still be true, there are also people who were previously decent on GAF and just wanted to talk about video games; but during their time on ERA, they have gotten more heavily opinionated along political lines. (I'm even gonna go as far as to use the controversial word "radicalized.") I couldn't believe some of the posts I saw on ERA from people who were previously decent during their GAF times. I don't know if they started posting in a certain manner out of peer pressure, desire to get e-cred/fit in, or whether their extreme-left views were always repressed and ERA just brought them out. More likely though, as someone already said in this thread (I think it might've been Coolwhhip Coolwhhip ) they were just "weak-minded fools."

One of the best things that the admin team did here on GAF was nuke the politics section and generally discourage political talk. Politics -- as discussed on the internet in 2021 -- is truly a poison.

While we want to welcome people back and have them participate, all of us -- users, mods, admins, etc; let's not singlehandedly put the pressure on the mods -- should work to keep GAF's greatest asset: freedom of expression.

MrMephistoX

I was permabanned for being an “alt account” and got no explanation who it was and why they thought that. One account there was more than enough, trust me.
I got temp banned for making fun of a thread that was trying to imply there was a double standard for female on male rape in Hollywood that cited Terrible Bosses Jennifer Aniston Sexing up Charlie Day as an example...then when my 3 month ban was over I got permabanned as a troll account for daring to post over here. Fuck those guys. If anyone cool wants to come over here great but the witch hunt mentality is not something we should seek to import.

Kev Kev

Yes, we should be open-minded, but careful. The argument that I've seen made in this thread is that there are a "decent number of ERA folk who just want to talk about video games." While that may still be true, there are also people who were previously decent on GAF and just wanted to talk about video games; but during their time on ERA, they have gotten more heavily opinionated along political lines. (I'm even gonna go as far as to use the controversial word "radicalized.") I couldn't believe some of the posts I saw on ERA from people who were previously decent during their GAF times. I don't know if they started posting in a certain manner out of peer pressure, desire to get e-cred/fit in, or whether their extreme-left views were always repressed and ERA just brought them out. More likely though, as someone already said in this thread (I think it might've been Coolwhhip Coolwhhip ) they were just "weak-minded fools."

One of the best things that the admin team did here on GAF was nuke the politics section and generally discourage political talk. Politics -- as discussed on the internet in 2021 -- is truly a poison.

While we want to welcome people back and have them participate, all of us -- users, mods, admins, etc; let's not singlehandedly put the pressure on the mods -- should work to keep GAF's greatest asset: freedom of expression.
after the cyberpunk trash fire, we got an influx of era members here on GAF, and mods did an amazing job of weeding out the ones who werent following the rules or were trying to use the forum to push their radical activist ideologies

because of that situation, i have all the trust in the mod team here to keep it clean, and i dont think us gaffers even need to worry about it.

Last edited:
after the cyberpunk trash fire, we got an influx of era members here on GAF, and mods did an amazing job of weeding out the ones who werent following the rules or were trying to use the forum to push there radical activist ideologies

because of that situation, i have all the trust in the mod team here to keep it clean, and i dont think us gaffers even need to worry about it.
Excellent point. And yeah, I remember that.

By the way, for being a Nazi/alt-right/etc forum (pick your favorite insult from them), this forum has great diversity of members who generally all get along. We even have I think at least one trans member here. And I'm not gonna mention her by name, but she's one of the most genuine and sweet human beings I have ever encountered, online or off. So -- is she a Nazi, too??? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_face_screaming:

Last edited:

By the way, for being a Nazi/alt-right/etc forum (pick your favorite insult from them), this forum has great diversity of members who generally all get along. We even have I think at least one trans member here. And I'm not gonna mention her by name, but she's one of the most genuine and sweet human beings I have ever encountered, online or off. So -- is she a Nazi, too??? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_face_screaming:
All of us have the capability to do terrible things. That is the true terror we learned from World War II. An ordinary person can do incredibly cruel things if they think they're following a worthy cause. All it would take is Jim Ryan announcing that he was going to play Doc Oc in the next Spider Man, or Phil Spencer buying SQEX and we would all be instantly drafted into the next great war. All humans harbor the capacity for true evil. The best we can do is keep the demons at bay.

Buggy Loop

after the cyberpunk trash fire, we got an influx of era members here on GAF, and mods did an amazing job of weeding out the ones who werent following the rules or were trying to use the forum to push their radical activist ideologies

Yup, mods were fast. I remember a guy in the Resetera thread that was pushing the ACAB narrative, he was quickly dealt with.

Papacheeks

Banned
I honestly believe a lot of the craziness were actually trolling. Some stuff was too much.

So mods banning people for having opinions was trolling? So admins banning people who think killing babies is wrong/disgusting is trolling? Banning people for wanting to talk about a game that they turn into a transgender movement thread is trolling?

No.

SkylineRKR

Its just a reflection of society. In this current climate where everyone seem to be hell bent to cater to minorities and virtue signalling reigns rampant, everywhere you're going to see people voicing certain opinions you wouldn't expect earlier on. Its also popular to reach your hand to the LBGT crowd, so a lot do it for e-cred. The same could be said of the Covid crisis. You would see anti vaccine movements, conspiracy theorists etc among people you likely once billed as sane.

But if Ree is your primary source of information, and you don't want to be banned, then you absolutely need to walk in line.

I know a few guys who are Ree members, they were on other local small time forums with me as well, they did change and became over sensitive to a lot of stuff. Clearly influenced by the drivel posted there. I have to say though, without wanting to look down on them, I know they are kind of well, unlucky. Usually no job, no girlfriend, I think one was still living with his parents even. They probably feel respected there.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy

I won’t mention her name either but a great person. really friendly and as always
season 1 nbc GIF by Manifest

hyperbertha

This.

If there are posters here who do not want ERAnites to come back because those GAFfers do not want to hear the ERAnites' opinions, or because they are still butthurt over the exodus, how better are they from the loony part of ERA?

Let's not act like there weren't people who had to quietly look away or nod at the insanity because they just wanted to talk in the most popular video game forum and learn the news about leaks and rumors. Not every person on ERA is a fucking twat like that 'person' who was all about killing white babies.

Because otherwise you are generalizing and are no better than the crazies.
I disagree heavily. It takes a special kind of person to STILL stick around after the kind of bannings that went on there in the last two years. Its safe to assume that the vast majority over there are atleast okay with stifling free speech. The kind of people you mention (those who were just looking away) are a super minority and if they exist are indeed welcome back here and I don't think anyone here said otherwise.

Nickolaidas

I disagree heavily. It takes a special kind of person to STILL stick around after the kind of bannings that went on there in the last two years. Its safe to assume that the vast majority over there are atleast okay with stifling free speech. The kind of people you mention (those who were just looking away) are a super minority and if they exist are indeed welcome back here and I don't think anyone here said otherwise.
I honestly do not know if the percentage of the people I'm talking about is 1%, 5% or 50%.

All I'm saying is that that percent ... should come back, if it wishes so. And as other members said ... if they go out of line, the mods will do good work.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

Free speech as far as any topic that isn't part of their list of acceptable stances, anyway. If you try to raise any kind of discussion, even as innocently as playing Devil's advocate, you're oppressing them, meanwhile, half of their trans community is shunned, and their Asian demographic gets lumped in with white people and become the scapegoats for wanting their presence to be acknowledged and respected, this is all ignoring their outright hate boner for Japanese people and culture. Ironic that they have such an issue with a small group of people being so insular and set in their cultural ways, with no effort to branch out and become a world player. Something about cats attacking mirrors.

if any of them that come back we will need to keep a close eye on them.... as soon as they start their shit then bonk them out.

hope the mods/admin are prepared incase they come crawling back.

Keihart

Speak for yourself. I have zero interest in letting any of them back here, especially after they were so quick to abandon NeoGAF and start slagging everyone off. And, again, they are a bunch of racist, sexist pedophile-sympathisers. I don’t want to be associated with those kind of people.
They are coming you want it or not, they are already here before this party.
Get comfy.

I think it changes nothing.

Star-Lord

If any of them that come back we will need to keep a close eye on them....as soon as they start their shit then bonk them out.

Hope the mods/admin are prepared incase they come crawling back.
Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve already infested our beloved forum. It doesn’t take much to set up a new account under a completely different name. A lot of them suicided their old accounts during the exodus, so a new account would be the only way for them to join. But it goes to show what a bunch of spineless cunts they all are. GAF goes down, they go running. Era goes down, they all come running back. Fucking lemmings, the lot of them.

Speak for yourself. I have zero interest in letting any of them back here, especially after they were so quick to abandon NeoGAF and start slagging everyone off. And, again, they are a bunch of racist, sexist pedophile-sympathisers. I don’t want to be associated with those kind of people.
Your generalizations of them bring you down to their level, as they constantly make sweeping generalizations of us. In neither case, it's not right.

And if you read my post carefully, you'd notice that there's a number of them I would NOT want back here, as they have been radicalized/changed to the point of no return.

This is like what is happening here in the United States right now. NeoGAF is Texas, ERA is California. In recent months (years?) there have been a number of people and businesses leaving California because in some ways it sucks; but then they're going with the very mentality that fucked up California, and taking it into Texas. At least for the time being, some Texans are having none of that (LOL...)

Pejo

Gold Member

The insidious things I saw after Cyberpunk were old members coming back and trying to gaslight constantly. Acting like their opinions were factually correct and you were insane for not agreeing, and they all had ultra progressive lean. That's so hard to pick up on in small numbers, but once it worms its way back in, you have a hell of a time dealing with it. I have no issue with those people having those opinions, but trying to shut down conversation and hitting you with sassy retorts and moving goalposts is classic ERA-tier 'discussion'. That's the kind of thing I absolutely won't take again, after being here the entire time GAF was transformed by it before the split.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I don't care for any of these idiots at REE but reading this I really feel for EviLore EviLore

Hope you're doing fine with this mate ❤️
I think he has broken a rib from laughing so much
stoned puppet GIF

either that or him and Cerium are just sat there like this
eql58yi.jpg

with some Nolan level/M Night Shylaman twist ending.

Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

That would insane what kind of maniac would or could imagine such an insane story.
200.gif

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Your generalizations of them bring you down to their level, as they constantly make sweeping generalizations of us. In neither case, it's not right.
Generalisation? There’s documented proof that the majority of users actively discuss pedophilia and the like on their Discord server. They don’t just discuss it either, they actively endorse and support it. Is that the kind of human trash you wish to be associated with?

Generalisation? There’s documented proof that the majority of users actively discuss pedophilia and the like on their Discord server. They don’t just discuss it either, they actively endorse and support it. Is that the kind of human trash you wish to be associated with?

What? is there proof of that?

The Re community deserves this. Evil people.

Oh yes, that place is a cesspool of lunatics and biggots; Some of the worst I have seen on the internet. And, to be honest, nobody should care, except that their echo-chamber resonates within the industry at large: They, like freaking hyenas, band together to target indie developers that do not fall in line; shame artists and designers who do not share their sensibilities; create nauseating campaigns against studios that are deemed "not-woke" or, God forbid, reactionary, not taking a moment to consider that there are people on this effing planet who think differently, and that issues, such as crunch, for example, are complex by nature, and do not systematically signal that the teams/publishers under scrutiny are horrible, disgusting entities...

That is the reason people who are interested in this medium, and who have witnessed how movies, comics and TV shows have absorbed the ambiant and, frankly, stinking zeitgeist, abondoning millions of adepts for the sake of pleasing a tiny, but very agressive, and very active vocal minority (you ought to give them that)...That those people prefer this sector not reflect the SJW agenda at every goddamn turn!

So, the sooner videogames creatives are left to their own devices, not fealing the need to tick the Ree and friends (their relays, such as the Jason Wheasel) vertuous check list out, the better it will be for 95% of the market.

Pardon my language, but fuck that website!

Last edited:

chonga

REEEEE are a bunch of hypocrites, they love Nintendo and Japan stuff. But Japan doesnt share Era views. They are very strict of letting 3rd world immigrants into their country. Japanese views on women are still lagging behind. Someone should call out the lefties at era for their double standards.
Very true. The fact that they mutilate female genitalia to make it appear pixelated is abhorrent and must be stopped.

Star-Lord

What? is there proof of that?

I've never posted at Era, place was disgusting, but man, im loving watching the meltdown.

DAmn good on Cerium for making bank though. Wish I had made that when i sold my sportbike forum in 2009.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Any guesses if/when the greatest gaming journalist of all time, Jason Schrier, will write up an article on this?

He did one when the GAF->Ree stuff first happened after all. He's got his pulse on the gaming community after all.

Even he isn't dumb enough to go after his main audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom