• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolaidas

And if they act up they get treated accordingly but do consider that denying someone a platform simply for having a different opinion is the kind of shit they would do. Silence those who disagree. One of the things we hated about Era members most around here is that they acted like, many times worse, than the people they lashed out against. I don't want to see members on this forum become like them. I get where you're coming from and I agree that it's a bitch to balance allowing someone to have a voice and figuring out when is a good time to get rid of them without feeling like we violated a value, but we should at least try.
This.

If there are posters here who do not want ERAnites to come back because those GAFfers do not want to hear the ERAnites' opinions, or because they are still butthurt over the exodus, how better are they from the loony part of ERA?

Let's not act like there weren't people who had to quietly look away or nod at the insanity because they just wanted to talk in the most popular video game forum and learn the news about leaks and rumors. Not every person on ERA is a fucking twat like that 'person' who was all about killing white babies.

Because otherwise you are generalizing and are no better than the crazies.

FunkMiller

Mods must be sleeping. He's still going. They're going to lake of fire nuke him when they see that he's posting.

He banned now.

Hilary Duff Lol GIF by YoungerTV

Papacheeks

Banned
It was during the cyberpunk 2077 trans meltdown that I created my GAF account. That shit was brutal and unbelievably unfair. I think a lot of people left the forum during that ban genocide.

And depending on what happens I think Hogwarts will kill off most people still lingering currently on reset. No one who has drank the Kool-aid over there will ever be caught dead over here with their current reset name. Some will want to start fresh maybe and create a new name, and to me I think thats fine, or bring over your current name? But it would mean admitting reset was a bad experiment. Reseta era was created I do believe with people behind it with the best intentions. But trying to be this haven and being open to all non threatening opinions doesn't work when you take a specific stance. The reason for the most part small News stations do what they do, is they report the news as it happens and add no opinion the given information.

Like a fire in downtown Syracuse started today when a truck ran off the road.
Thats it, no added commentary on how this will impact local business's or impact tax payers or what ever. Reset did the opposite of that and went full on Progressive CNN or whatever major news outlet swings that way. And in doing so you broke the one rule that keeps things on even field. Now no matter what people bring up discussion wise it all ties back to the stance the sites moderation/Admins take. ANd a lot of that after the first year or so seems to now be more from personal Identity politics rather than, something more blanket.
Until anyone has that realization which they wont because most of them grew up living on their phones/social media and not in real world living no one will change. We will always be labeled as nazi. bigots or something because we dare have discussion thats not all one sided. Even now with the Politics sections gone. This place has been great to talk games, and issues.

They think we dont bring up the things that plague the industry. We do, we just dont worship reporters who bring these things to light like Jason Schreier/Jeff Grubb. Which is how things like CNN don lemon or fox equivalent fanboying is started. Now people like Jason rarely get called out, thank god for people like Colin, Jaffe. WHo I dont always agree with, but can understand their knowledge of the industry has merit.
The thing is resetera is still on this idea that Social media groups is the way progress works. It's a great tool to bring forth information so it can be analyzed and talked about to be presented to the mass/public/company's when shit happens. But its not to be used to pass laws, judgement on people by way of social mobs. Which now we see where that leads to industry vets losing their jobs for little information but a lot of yelling outrage.
Putting your plight on twitter in the 21st century where access to legal action is at your finger tips for the disenfranchised is to me cowardly. It should only be used as a last resort for extreme measures, as in people with power or connections to said legal organizations are blocking/threatening you from contacting correct authorities. But reset/twitter/facebook ect think thats how this all works.
Going to things like twitter, online forums to tell your story to me says you are lying, your story isn't sound evidence wise, or you know there is doubt and want to garner attention in the hopes it catches and people don't ask questions because the buzz will be about the story not the context or facts.

I get that if you don't live in a country where these things like legal organizations for things like rape, sexual harassments ect makes it difficult. But then thats where the internet can be used as the tool it was intended to be. You can connect with someone across the world like reporter to tell your story 100% and they will do their research if they are a good reporter before anything goes public.
No one at resetera even thinks what im saying is true, and they think that none of the organizations do any good or that they are against Minorities, when in fact we have used these for years, and they do work if used correctly. They are not perfect, nothing is, but saying twitter was the only way to get justice for a voice actor, developer who was sexually harassed is literally the most moronic think i've ever heard. There are sub orgs for companies in gaming, there are people you can call outside your org that can do investigations, and then if there is some real nefarious shit happening thats stopping that justice, thats where reaching out to reporter or maybe sharing it with receipts on social comes into play. But there are tons of avenues/ orgs that literally are for supporting the little guy and making sure big corps dont silence you.

People are either intimidated because they lack social skills, or just fucking to caught up in their own personal social status vices to actually use whats out there and use social media as a crutch.
Courage isn't measured by how many followers re-tweet your story, it comes by facing that disservice/wrong doing in person then making then acting. Going on social media just shifts the responsibility.

Sorry mods, rant over if you need to delete this go ahead I kind of went off the rails.

Last edited:

Aure

Banned
It's nice to see them slowly go down in flames.
I never post, only read here, but this deserves a celebration.

I've always hated those lunatics with every single fiber of my being.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I came back here long ago, not now 😅

Originally though I was here in 2010, based on my account history. I think I'm mostly remembered here as the only real and pure fanatic of Final Fantasy XIII. I have a great legacy to tell, many battles fought in its defense which I'm really proud of. It's worth also noting that Kagari (a mod before) is responsible for that tagline under my name. It's a scar I wear with pride. I'm that fucking cool. And fuck you FFXIII haters.
FFXIII?? Why bud, whyyyy :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Kayhan

The userbases for NeoGAF and ResetEra overlap greatly. A lot of old time people banned from one forum ended up on the other one.

People just keep their head down and go with the flow on the whichever of the forums they are on to avoid getting banned.

GAF back in 2009-2014 was the best of times, before heavy-handed moderation and though-policing started gripping NeoGAF. Too bad that shit wasn't nipped in the bud.

Last edited:

Paulxo87

I've been a daily viewer of neogaf since 2003. I have seen some shit in my day including many cliques that have come and gone. The progressive piles of shit on the other side are the absolute worst of the bunch. This could not have happened to a more deserving group. How comical to see lunatic race-obsessed lefties pointing their warped and truly bigoted fingers at others. You idiots, captured by all things racial, sexist, or homophobic can barely utter a complete sentence without throwing one of those slurs at someone else these days. Violent, insane, radical lefties are America's Taliban

VaeVictis

Hell, I openly admit that I fell for it.

During this crazy GAF to ERA exodus, I was at university and basically, either forums back then was for me to pre-open tabs of topics that interested me while on the bus so that I would have something to read inside the metro tunnels (had no wifi back then underground).

Following to era was basically because there was more topics.

I realized quickly enough though that you had to walk on a thin « acceptable » line over there, but I did not care for the majority of it as I was mostly reading and not active that much.

Shit hit the fan when I was out of university and was more active. I was not participating that much in off-topic so that crazy place had probably spared my account, but when the crazy trans-era checklists of what is acceptable or not leaked into gaming, and more specifically, Cyberpunk, then I said that’s fucking it. Mods were without balls against a group of radicals. No sensible discussions was possible with them, it was insta-bans.

I got banned for saying « soon as you press start for Cyberpunk game, you’re transphobic » sarcastically.

Otherwise I’ve been here since gaming-age back circa 99. With a small hiatus in crazy land 🤣

That's when I got perma-banned as well. The kicker is I never even posted in that thread :)
I opened a ticket for the Mods and urged them to take control of the Cyberpunk 2077 thread, as people were getting banned for the slightest infraction.

I got a message a week later being perma-banned for being a Troll Account. I appealed my ban and asked them for clarifications on what post earned me the ban and got the reply that the ban will not be lifted.

I have made an account on ERA the week it opened, when GAF was down, and had a GAF account since 2008. I am more of a lurker and have only 110 post here and even less on ERA, but that is all it took for me getting banished. I know ERA considers low post accounts as trolls, but that was a true blessing in disguise, as I was ashamed of what the community became. Or always was.

Anyway, I have been lurking here again, even before the ERA ban, and I will be keeping an eye on you so you can expect another post from me in a couple of months :messenger_winking:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
The userbases for NeoGAF and ResetEra overlap greatly. A lot of old time people banned from one forum ended up on the other one.

People just keep their head down and go with the flow on the whichever of the forums they are on to avoid getting banned.

GAF back in 2009-2014 was the best of times, before heavy-handed moderation and though-policing started gripping NeoGAF. Too bad that shit wasn't nipped in the bud.

yeah I floated between forums didn’t really care much either way till resetera started to ban random stuff. I get it they didn’t like Jon Tron, still like his stuff even if the guy is an asshole, but then went after angry joe cause he joked about last of us 2….

think my last temp ban was me trying to defend redletter media…. Another YouTube channel they were trying to get black listed (dunno if that one stuck or not).

Still hung out in the Destiny threads for a while untill it was derailed for pages becuase someone called someone else a dude and miss-gendered them….

Keihart

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
yeah I floated between forums didn’t really care much either way till resetera started to ban random stuff. I get it they didn’t like Jon Tron, still like his stuff even if the guy is an asshole, but then went after angry joe cause he joked about last of us 2….

think my last temp ban was me trying to defend redletter media…. Another YouTube channel they were trying to get black listed (dunno if that one stuck or not).

Still hung out in the Destiny threads for a while untill it was derailed for pages becuase someone called someone else a dude and miss-gendered them….
You could be making this up and I can't even tell. Seems to be a theme.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
so the owner of the site?

He's been called "the 1%," over there like fourteen times already, these clowns are forcefully ripping the pitchforks out of each other's asses to try and coordinate raising them toward him, because smart business acumen is antithesis to having borderline personality disorder and crippling depression in your parents' basement, and these people can't function in a universe of TRULY diverse people, it just has to be palette swaps of the same mental patient.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
He's been called "the 1%," over there like fourteen times already, these clowns are forcefully ripping the pitchforks out of each other's asses to try and coordinate raising them toward him, because smart business acumen is antithesis to having borderline personality disorder and crippling depression in your parents' basement, and these people can't function in a universe of TRULY diverse people, it just has to be palette swaps of the same mental patient.

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

fuckin flawless.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cerium is only part of the 1%?

At $4.5M, more like part of the 0.01%.

don’t forget to add in all the annual profits he made and anything else he already owns (assets).

Jsisto

The lack of awareness is pretty astounding. There are people actually expecting the former owner, who has a long history of never posting or engaging with the community, to respond to the criticism after washing his hands of the whole thing and having literally no reason to owe them anything.

Velcro Fly

well the shady webrokr twitter account blocked me lol

nothing like proving me correct lads

the way the mods there defend cerium like he is some kind of cult leader. like he has to have dirt on all of them right. seriously what the fuck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom