• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
Every time it would be posted they’d ban the poster and delete the information. If anyone asks about it they’d lie and claim it was false innuendo and that Cerium was always a loyal ally.

What the fuck that's insane so they covered this up yet any accusations of other celebrity without any proof and no court order gets discussed for eternity. The sad thing is many posters on Era haven't heard about this and will probably never know.

ManaByte

Gold Member
why am I seeing a BBC in the avatar of the OP here?

NSFW obviously

thats a penis GIF

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Won't be long before people with high rep in forums are compensated monetarily or something of the like. They're the stars of the show and give value to the product. Advertisements may pay bills but people are what bring content and that brings more people which then allow sustainment of the product. Hopefully members get some sort of compensation, smh. Idk. Free t-shirt or something or Taco Bell coupons

Last edited:

Vick

I understand if you want to lock this thread, mods/Evilore.

It's interesting news though.

M.O.B.A. Network acquires ResetEra.com - one of the world's largest gaming forums​

M.O.B.A. Network has today acquired ResetEra.com, one of the world's largest gaming forum and community brands, which has great growth potential. With the acquisition, M.O.B.A. Network's portfolio expands its reach globally with approximately 60 million page views per month.

ResetEra.com was founded in 2017 and has grown rapidly with a committed audience. Sales in the last twelve months (up to and including 31 August) amounted to approximately USD 700,000 with an EBITDA margin of approximately 80%. The purchase price amounts to USD 4.55 million and will be paid in cash in two tranches, where USD 3.55 million has been paid upon closing, and USD 1 million will be paid by 31 December 2021.

ResetEra.com's revenue is generated through ads and member subscriptions. M.O.B.A. Network sees significant opportunities to increase advertising revenue through a higher share of direct sales, implementation of new ad formats, and a long-term product development strategy. M.O.B.A. Network, therefore, estimates that ResetEra.com can grow sales significantly in 2022 while maintaining an EBITDA margin.

With ResetEra.com, M.O.B.A. Network gets a strong, global community brand and access to a very active discussion forum with over 45 million forum posts and about 55,000 members. The discussion topics on ResetEra.com are broad and cover all kinds of games and platforms such as consoles, PC, and mobile games, which expands the M.O.B.A. Network's position in the gaming industry. ResetEra.com's core values are "inclusivity and diversity," and the community sets high demands for approving membership. The core values and the high membership requirements are also essential to M.O.B.A. Network.

The operational team that runs ResetEra will continue to moderate and engage with the community and work with M.O.B.A. Network on future product development.

"We are very excited and proud to welcome ResetEra.com - one of the world's largest gaming forum and community brands - to our growing number of brands," said Björn Mannerqvist, CEO of M.O.B.A. Network. "ResetEra.com has great growth potential, and we see significant opportunities to develop ResetEra.com, continue to grow traffic flows, improve the sales development and extract synergies within the M.O.B.A. Group."

"ResetEra.com is another step in our strategy to grow through acquisitions and create more relevant communities with attractive, growing target groups that many companies want to expose themselves to," said Björn Mannerqvist.

Source: cision

s60orek.png
Yet another display of God's supreme sense of humor.

giphy.gif

What a delight to witness.

But an automatic ban for anyone that says ‘problematic’ or ‘y’all’.
ss8xxwmpcjc11.jpg

Genuinely sorry for the inevitable cringe overdose the above pic always brings.

cringe.gif

Last edited:
If you want to fuck over the mods/admins, wait until the sale is finalized and ask for complete personal data removal. Any personal info you have listed (username, date of birth, city of residence, country etc.) must be scrubbed if you so ask. Including from any of your posts that got quoted by another user. Since it's unlikely scripts can catch all of them, they'll have to manually sift through your stuff to make sure it's all removed.
As a lawyer for 16 years, I can tell you this isn't true. Yes, they can be forced to delete their server side personal information, but they absolutely do not need to scrub info you posted out in the open, for all to see. Even if you're from Europe, GDPR does not go nearly that far, even though many mistakenly believe so.
I don't personally do any case work associated with the internet or digital law. I'm in corporate law, but one of my partners has hired two young associates who are specializing because these laws are becoming more common, and interpretation is difficult, especially across continental divides, but you're misunderstanding these laws. What you suggest would fall under Undue Burden, and nobody would host a forum or social media network ever again (which I would be fine with).

MrS

Banned
Is there a master list of the ERA people who are migrating back to GAF? Need to know who to put directly on to ignore.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Yet another display of God's supreme sense of humor.

giphy.gif

What a delight to witness.

ss8xxwmpcjc11.jpg

Genuinely sorry for the inevitable cringe overdose this pic always brings.

cringe.gif
Is this a word cloud from an AI scan of the site? It is delightful if so.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I wish the guy deleting his OPs would just GDPR threaten them.
Does this work if you’re not a European? I.e. does GDPR cover all users of a site doing business in Europe whether or not that specific user is a citizen of an EU country? I had a high level overview of GDPR like 4 years ago for work but have hardly thought about it since.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Does this work if you’re not a European? I.e. does GDPR cover all users of a site doing business in Europe whether or not that specific user is a citizen of an EU country? I had a high level overview of GDPR like 4 years ago for work but have hardly thought about it since.

CA has the same rules as the GDPR. If you live in CA and ever posted there you could really fuck them over.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I think I hit a limit on number of images on that Imgur album. I will start a new one. The first album takes us up to about midway through page 115.

here's the Imgur link:

For some reason that link is going to an error, the direct URL is:
https://imgur.com/a/u5UIWFi

And an archived page:

Part 2 is here:

Direct link here:
https://imgur.com/a/nJ6xCPJ

Archive:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom