• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

YukiOnna

7oCQwgu.png
Dude's avatar represents the current state of the internet in reaction to this sale. So, no, please don't close it.

xmagxus

Neo Member
Resetera: Eat the rich

Also Resetera: *eats each other while cerium laughs his ass off as his getaway chopper flies off into the sunset*

Also I reallllllly doubt Nepenthe donated that money, I'd be interested to see them post some kind of proof that they did. It's easy to just make claims that you did something like that with impunity.
It's even easier to make such a claim when a defense force will blindly back you up even if they haven't seen proof either.

It's crazy how many times on the internet I've witnessed people rush to the defense of someone objectively in the wrong or dishonest just because they 'like' the person and 'dislike' the person making the argument against the person they like. I always try to tell people it doesn't matter if you like or dislike someone - if they make a factual point the facts are the facts.

Edit: apparently someone did indeed show a receipt of one of her donations to what she claimed (post 4,722 in this thread) So I was wrong in my assumption of her not donating money - however I *speculate* that that was the only donation and it was made purely so they could show one receipt like 'see I;m doing it I'm doing it!'

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Nooo! You're gonna get whiskey dick! You will be provided with a bottle of clam juice to build up the much needed virile vigor.

Okay. Okay. Half the bottle beforehand for dutch courage. Rest of the bottle afterwards to wash away the memory.

It's a plan that can't fail! Shit. Al even video called Hetcht drunk. Confuse the shit out of him.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
kzk11em.png

For anyone wondering just why jufonuk jufonuk @Maiden Voyage and myself are running an autist screenshot party here's your answer. They delete, edit and retcon anything that makes them look bad.
you love me GIF

but honestly, if I can be real for a moment. The mods over at Ree are doing the exact same shit there as used to happen in GAF before the split.
It got to the point where you had to agree with the mods lest you be banned and they all gang up on you. TBH I really started to hate the GAF of old just before the split. But I’m glad I stuck round, them leaving was the best thing to happen here.

but the screen shots are to show those not in the know. How they operate and no matter how bad they treat people. Someone will always stick up and suck up to the popular posters and the mods.
Also they got shafted to the tune of 4.5million dollars and they are still acting as if they have an actual say in anything.

Last edited:
This is hilarious coming from /r/games which is a subreddit that banned April Fools posts of all fucking things a few years ago to draw attention to social justice issues and ruined a fun day for a lot of gamers. Their mods were the same as, if not worse, than Ree mods.
ya, reddit is really reeeeeeee-ddit. Maybe those guys are posting in smaller communities and somehow dodge most of the insanity but they're basically the same

nush

I thought Cracker/cracka was like nigger/nigga from the Treyvon Martin case. Given who originally started the whole shitstorm, I'm guessing they knew exactly what they were doing. To coin a phrase 'you ain't slick mods'. Ironically the guy pushing back is called Trey - coincidence? But he's right - it's easier to just say we only want your content if you're white, otherwise listen as we educate you (from our poverty stricken backgrounds where we were kept down by whitey and never had the same breaks, opportunity and education). This is why we are qualified to deal with intersectional issues without prejudice.

Everyone there has missed the wood for the trees. When recently demodded Morrigan came in to the topic looking for a piece of the action as a Nepenth 2.0 and started throwing cracker around to a guy that she just assumed was white based on what his opinion was and how he expressed himself. She basically told him "You don't act black". That's a racism 2x multiplier.

CeeJay

I don't like Cerium but I respect what he pulled. Ofcourse, apparently he is from a wealthy family, has his connections to start such a thing in the first place, but he pulled it off.

He played those self righteous SJW. They were against capitalism and all kinds of shit, they worked for free. They provided the content. They kept the forum alive and growing towards some point. He cashed in when he noticed their peak growth (which is prolly 50k ish members, its not really growing further).
i wouldn't go as far to say i have respect for the hustle, in the cold light of day it was what it was, a calculated and well planned scummy scheme. As much as I am loving seeing Resetera burn from the delicious salty karma I really do not like to see someone profit so much from such a shady dishonest business plan. If Cerium can make 4.5 million from what must have been a relatively tiny investment then how much damage can he do by starting with 4.5 Million? We really don't need any more unethical millionaire business men on the planet who would do anything no matter how backhanded and damaging to make a quick dollar.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
i wouldn't go as far to say i have respect for the hustle, in the cold light of day it was what it was, a calculated and well planned scummy scheme. As much as I am loving seeing Resetera burn from the delicious salty karma I really do not like to see someone profit so much from such a shady dishonest business plan. If Cerium can make 4.5 million from what must have been a relatively tiny investment then how much damage can he do by starting with 4.5 Million? We really don't need any more unethical millionaire business men on the planet who would do anything no matter how backhanded and damaging to make a quick dollar.
What damage has he actually done?

SkylineRKR

Apparently editing out contentious posts absolves you of the fact a day after it has been discussed.

This is their whole MO in a nutshell. Their whole life goal seems to be to erase references to anything that doesn't fit into their views. From historical shit to stuff they actually post themselves. Its a silly crowd.

nush

Also I reallllllly doubt Nepenthe donated that money, I'd be interested to see them post some kind of proof that they did. It's easy to just make claims that you did something like that with impunity.
Edit: apparently someone did indeed show a receipt of one of her donations to what she claimed (post 4,722 in this thread) So I was wrong in my assumption of her not donating money - however I *speculate* that that was the only donation and it was made purely so they could show one receipt like 'see I;m doing it I'm doing it!'

You're gonna make me go and specifically screencap the 2nd receipt? She did make 2 donations, after that now her Ko-Fi is out there, who knows?

I'm not defending a racist cunt, but you have to try to be accurate when you criticize someone because if you're not they'll use that to discredit and future criticism.

Papacheeks

Banned
Going with his logic can i shout nigger to a black gaffer as long as i have some cool, level headed, anonymous buddies (who coul be black!) laughing with me?

It's like when a slaver called hisslave a dumb nigger, and all the other level headed slaves laughed with him or they would also be whipped to sleep.
I'm not fucking joking, they really behave like slavers, but they are afraid and can't snap their whips right now.

I know you are trying to make a point. But please don’t use that word.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Apparently editing out contentious posts absolves you of the fact a day after it has been discussed.
It’s classic mod abuse 101. Deny it ever happened.

see also
also, give out tags. Make them fight for your love.
make an example of a poster and set your cronies on them
See how far you can push peoples own reason and logic
Give a pseudo-intellectual answer with word salad and buzz words

Last not but not least.
When you do it it’s ok. Because either their only orders or other BS reasons.
Remember everyone else is bad, you are good.

Last edited:

xmagxus

Neo Member
It sure feels like the mods over there and their defense force have been intentionally trying to derail the discussion multiple times with random stuff hoping something sticks.. They have done it so many times that the thread is basically a disjointed mess now.

Does this mean that all the mods are going to be getting hit with:
User banned: Derailing a thread over a series of posts as well as trolling (Permanent)
?

NikuNashi

Just been over there to read the thread. The anti white overt racism is pretty shocking, not sure how any rational person can justify that. They must tire themselves out coming up with bizarre contradictory ways to justify it.

There are clearly some outspoken racist ringleaders and a lot of people being pushed around without being strong enough to speak out. Seems a truly awful 'community'.

xmagxus

Neo Member
You're gonna make me go and specifically screencap the 2nd receipt? She did make 2 donations, after that now her Ko-Fi is out there, who knows?

I'm not defending a racist cunt, but you have to try to be accurate when you criticize someone because if you're not they'll use that to discredit and future criticism.

You are right on people having to try to be accurate which is why I quickly edited my previous post to correct that she did donate and cited your previous post of proof. It's also why I tried to carefully phrase my message to emphasize that I was speculating that it was the only donation. Speculation formed from lurking on their forums for years (there are some threads I enjoy reading over there) and witnessing tons of one-sided virtue signaling.

SkylineRKR

Just been over there to read the thread. The anti white overt racism is pretty shocking, not sure how any rational person can justify that. They must tire themselves out coming up with bizarre contradictory ways to justify it.

There are clearly some outspoken racist ringleaders and a lot of people being pushed around without being strong enough to speak out. Seems a truly awful 'community'.

This one is gold:

lCH65Na.png

First calls out on framing, then comes out and says killing babies is fine, as long as they're just white. lol

Last edited:

nush

Taysan is literally an echo. Has he ever added anything interesting to a discussion?

Never, sometimes he jumps the gun and posts in a topic too early of what he thinks is the right thing to say only to be called out for it to be the wrong thing. Then he goes away from that topic for a while until the narrative has been agreed upon and just so happens to have "Grown and learned" to have the exact same opinion as everyone else when he comes back.

Never, sometimes he jumps the gun and posts in a topic too early of what he thinks is the right thing to say only to be called out for it to be the wrong thing. Then he goes away from that topic for a while until the narrative has been agreed upon and just so happens to have "Grown and learned" to have the exact same opinion as everyone else when he comes back.
I've never known anyone to post so much, yet offer so little. Literal cardboard cut-out of a human being.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
So she's asking for money for business expenses to random strangers instead of having her customers pay for it (or maybe both).
Assuming she's still in the business, then yeah.
For all we know, these "supplies" may have been just some excuse she came up with.

This is a comment she made regarding a woman who said she would donate excess money she got from a fundraiser. Nepenthe has no problem admitting that she is greedy. "pie_tears_joy:

As4yHQq.png

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
kzk11em.png

For anyone wondering just why jufonuk jufonuk @Maiden Voyage and myself are running an autist screenshot party here's your answer. They delete, edit and retcon anything that makes them look bad.

wait … she edited her post?! But she’s incapable of wrongdoing or misspeaking?! I am deeply shocked, and most overcome with grief and consternation; the perfect world that they would have me believe in (and excluded from), is nought but lies! 😱

the artist dog GIF

Last edited:

Wildebeest

So sad that the discussion might run its course without anyone being held accountable. But, oh well, such is the way of the world. (sound of cash being counted in background)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom