• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni 2: I'm a little confused how the game determines which equipment is best

Stafford

So in the first one I just selected the option to have the best equipment selected by the game for the characters and all was fine. It seems different in the second one.

So for example I look at ranged weapons and I have sorted by quality, for some reason the shortbow that only does 12 damage is on top and below it are bows that do tons more damage, neither of these bows have special effects. Why does the game determine that the low damage one is better quality?

The same with swords, swords that do 50+ damage are placed under the swords that do 30 damage or so. I can sort by rarity and parameter as well, but honestly I'm a little lost here. I'm in the first real town and I'd like to sell some weapons that just aren't good anymore and get better ones, but what do i sell?

Stafford

All i remember from Ni No Kuni 2 was it looked very nice but with no substance at all

Well, I gotta say that so far I am enjoying it but it's definitely missing something. It's lacking the charm of the first one, I do like these characters but it's very different. The over world is also very different, visually too, less colorful, different. But story wise I've had some cool stuff now, I quite enjoyed the events in Goldpaw.

Combat is more my thing compared to the first, even though it clearly is less deep, I guess. If the first game had this combat system along with the taming of familiars and everything, it would have been perfect for me.

Saber

Gold Member
What difficulty are you playing?
On the hardest difficulty the game drops you 3~2 parameters equips, which makes the station equip enhancement redundant.

My choice of weapons are the ones which have elemental proprierties and specific extra dmg proprierties. For amror I really suggest looking for dmg reduction. Also I might be remembering wrong but I think you can turn off this weapon cycle function, which mades the game better to me.

Honestly if you're aiming for platinum I suggest playing something diffirent. This game is bellow meh in every aspect. The end game content and kingdom building sucks like heck.

Last edited:

Stafford

What difficulty are you playing?
On the hardest difficulty the game drops you 3~2 parameters equips, which makes the station equip enhancement redundant.

My choice of weapons are the ones which have elemental proprierties and specific extra dmg proprierties. For amror I really suggest looking for dmg reduction. Also I might be remembering wrong but I think you can turn off this weapon cycle function, which mades the game better to me.

Honestly if you're aiming for platinum I suggest playing something diffirent. This game is bellow meh in every aspect. The end game content and kingdom building sucks like heck.

I'm not gonna lie, I kept it at normal and while it has been fairly easy so far, I'm good with that. I don't want to stress, or die a lot, I'm enjoying the story and it's all chill. And that means my dog is chill too. She absolutely hates if I get mad at a game and she immediately thinks she did something wrong, and I don't want that, no stress or feeling bad for my best friend, never.

I just hope this one doesn't have some shitty ass difficulty spikes like the first one had.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm not gonna lie, I kept it at normal and while it has been fairly easy so far, I'm good with that. I don't want to stress, or die a lot, I'm enjoying the story and it's all chill. And that means my dog is chill too. She absolutely hates if I get mad at a game and she immediately thinks she did something wrong, and I don't want that, no stress or feeling bad for my best friend, never.

I just hope this one doesn't have some shitty ass difficulty spikes like the first one had.

Didn't have the intention to tell you how to play, just stating that on harder difficulty the game drops the top elite equips that are otherwise only available through kingdom building bullcrap.
And I already complained in an another thread that the harder levels of this game are completelly unbalanced. No need to play them if you're not aiming to platinum or just want to chill. Can't say exactly if the game has difficult spikes because I mostly played at harder levels, but I don't think it's the case unless you want to beat some expert enemies(like dragons which are bullshit to beat, I would recommend avoid them since they are not fun to fight), challenges and that stupid door dungeons.
The game itself is incredibly more easier than Ni No Kumi 1, like miles away of difference. You will have no trouple beating this game. Just keep watching for your party, their AI are pretty dumb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom