• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 - new HD Screenshots [and artworks]

D.Final

Banned

0A5C0Ql.jpg

EOvZmcX.jpg

N9DEHxu.jpg

EzRuY4b.jpg

u753igw.jpg

zcWcOfI.jpg

dOyLemL.jpg

• Much more than a remaster, it's a "version up"
  • Gameplay has been reworked to please Automata fans
  • PlatinumGames staff helping
  • They want everything to feel new and more polished
  • Camera work staying the same
  • Re-recording lines, VAs still the same
  • 2B and 9S VAs are involved

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
If only this game was remade on Decima engine cuz the level of detail and just how they imagined this game to look on the concept art is reminds me of Death Stranding, but current engine they're using is just nowhere near as good unfortunately. I hope this time PC port will not be garbage as Nier Automata was and still is.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
This looks so fantastic. Can't wait.

I'm still not going to bother with trying to grow crops.

nowhat

Gold Member
I see 0 reasons to play it if you know the whole story which all fans do and I doubt it can attract new players when nowadays gameplay matters a lot. Doubt they can improve it significantly. Meh it doesnt even look good.
I'm a huge fan of Automata, but before playing it I tried to watch a few recaps of "happened so far". And they were so confusing/incoherent that I simply gave up, went straight into Automata and loved it. Personally I'm very much looking forward to it.

Protocol7

I just can't wait to play it again, this looks gorgeous.
And thinking that new players will get a chance to discover this game, really cool :)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I see 0 reasons to play it if you know the whole story which all fans do and I doubt it can attract new players when nowadays gameplay matters a lot. Doubt they can improve it significantly. Meh it doesnt even look good.

you do know that a lot of people had never played a Nier game until Automata right? so yeah i think there will be plenty of people who want to play this game. Myself being one of them. I'm excited for it.

have 0 reasons to play it? don't buy it :)

Enjay

Banned
I predict another platinum bomba myself.

Nero_PR

Banned
I'm a huge fan of Automata, but before playing it I tried to watch a few recaps of "happened so far". And they were so confusing/incoherent that I simply gave up, went straight into Automata and loved it. Personally I'm very much looking forward to it.
I present you with our Gospel: Grimoire Nier
It is actually a little old, but it can help.

Naibel

Yeah, this is a remake alright :messenger_grinning_sweat:, the bump in graphics is massive !

I'm even more PUMPED to play it ! Bring. It. ON !!

Ozrimandias

So, GAF please clarify me, never played Replicant but played Automata a lot, and i loved it, specially its soundtrack.
How it's Replicant on that department ? God level OST? Nearly as good as Automata? Not even close? Different? Different AND Worse?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Fantastic OST but the original release had a few issues with repetition (certain songs, as good as they are, get run into the ground).

Nester99

It’s fun to play games, even if you know the story... sheesh.

What a terrible take.

Jeeves

Looks great! I always wondered what it would feel like as young Nier. I imagine it makes certain moments hit differently.
So, GAF please clarify me, never played Replicant but played Automata a lot, and i loved it, specially its soundtrack.
How it's Replicant on that department ? God level OST? Nearly as good as Automata? Not even close? Different? Different AND Worse?
In my opinion if you liked Automata's soundtrack, you'll like this one just as much.

Tomeru

Will that name be on the cover of the game? I mean...

Its looking mighty good though, I LOVE that desert area image.

Fbh

Looking great.
Nice to see that it's shaping up to more than just a higher res port.

It's awesome. As much as I like the OST in automata, I like the one in the original a bit better.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nice to see that it's shaping up to more than just a higher res port.
I don’t think we no longer going get that type of remasters. People consider Xenoblade Definitive Edition as “remaster” but they changed to new engine.

Top Bottom