• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 - new HD Screenshots [and artworks]

Geki-D

Banned
Anyway Yes.
The western version had the adult protagonist, and father (Gestalt)
The oriental version, that of the original vision of Yoko Taro, and the version with the teenage boy (Replicant)
Besides the character skin and the fact he was this girl's father, was it just the same game? I often get the impression people refer to Gestalt & Replicant as 2 different games.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Oh hell yea! Now that's what I'm talkin about! Makes me wanna go back and play some Automata. I started it on hard...it's so brutal...like you can take 2 hits and be dead. I watched the beginning sequence like 10 times because I keep dying trying to get to a save point.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Oh hell yea! Now that's what I'm talkin about! Makes me wanna go back and play some Automata. I started it on hard...it's so brutal...like you can take 2 hits and be dead. I watched the beginning sequence like 10 times because I keep dying trying to get to a save point.
On hard those rockets from Simon boss can do some serious damage.
w5AN8Vi.gif

Vlaphor

It seems like they want to remake this game to be more like Automata and I fully support that endeavor. Automata doesn't need a sequel (and one would actually hurt the storyline, at least a direct sequel) but tightening up the previous game sounds like a great idea.

Danjin44

It seems like they want to remake this game to be more like Automata and I fully support that endeavor. Automata doesn't need a sequel (and one would actually hurt the storyline, at least a direct sequel) but tightening up the previous game sounds like a great idea.
Don't worry Taro never ever doe direct sequels, this why he didn't even worked on Drakengard 2 and instead made NieR Gestalt/Replicant

D.Final

Banned
Besides the character skin and the fact he was this girl's father, was it just the same game? I often get the impression people refer to Gestalt & Replicant as 2 different games.

From what I know, the protagonist should be the only difference.
(besides obviously the dialogues with it)

[I didn't have the opportunity to play Replicant, I played Gestalt, because Replicant was always only an exclusive for the Japanese market]
For this reason, this Remastered represents the first real landing on the world market of this version.

Vawn

Banned
The thing is the 2nd game is no longer canon. Original Drakengard had multiple endings and 2nd game took place after the first ending while NiER take after original Drakengard's last ending.

Well they can both still be canon just like Windwaker, Twlight Princess and A Link to the Past are all canon.

Danjin44

Well they can both still be canon just like Windwaker, Twlight Princess and A Link to the Past are all canon.
Not in this case, all recent games takes place after the original Draknegard's last ending. Except Drakengard 3 which is takes place before original game but even that game is much more related to Ending E in original game.

Vawn

Banned
Not in this case, all recent games takes place after the original Draknegard's last ending. Except Drakengard 3 which is takes place before original game but even that game is much more related to Ending E in original game.

But all those Zelda games take place after OoT, but if any one of them happens, it means the other two didn't. Isn't that the same here?

Danjin44

But all those Zelda games take place after OoT, but if any one of them happens, it means the other two didn't. Isn't that the same here?
Drakengard 2 exists because they try to make the series have more mass appeal, which is why the story is anywhere near as interesting as rest of the games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom