• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 1.1?

Deku Tree

I though the hardest two levels in the game were the first two.
Once I got my hands on the "flying Swallow" technique,
I was able to relatively easily dispense with most bad guys (on Normal mode).
Never had the desire to play through again on Hard or Very Hard.

robot

BuddyChrist83 said:
sad.gif

you just love that little guy, dont you

PhatSaqs

Banned
Best DLC ever.
This is so goddamn fuckin awesome.

Itagaki + 1,000,000 and a gallon of milk with 3 boxes of chips ahoy on top!

Improved AI: Ninja Gaiden creator Tomonobu Itagaki wanted to add some extra challenge to an already difficult game, so the AI has been improved to make all enemies smarter. Expect an even greater challenge, no matter what difficulty setting you choose.

Bring it the fuck on! I'm ready for anything you throw at me Team Ninja! *juts out chin*

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Improved AI: Ninja Gaiden creator Tomonobu Itagaki wanted to add some extra challenge to an already difficult game, so the AI has been improved to make all enemies smarter. Expect an even greater challenge, no matter what difficulty setting you choose.

If someone could just stop the "improved AI" routine already. One of the worst trends this gen (AND last gen).

ypo

"You'll now have full 360 degree control of the camera."

Now this is fucking funny. I remember how some retards were defending the game like it was their new born by claming a fully controllable camera will be useless, not suitable for the game and how the game is too fast for it. Guess what? Now it's even faster...with a controllable camera.

"The camera will also be smarter, so you shouldn't have to worry about it being in too close or at the wrong angle when in a fight."

The camera was as good as it can get for this game!!!! Yea, right.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
wtf? What about those of us that don't have xbox live? This better be available as a disk add-on. I swear, this trend of adding new content via xbl is really starting to fucking piss me off. I really liked Ninja Gaiden, but if I can't get this new content I'm going to cross it off my list of recommended titles.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Great update. Even though its a patch, I must tip my hat to Team Ninja.

Shompola

Banned
"The camera was as good as it can get for this game!!!! Yea, right."

While it was good most of the time it could get extremely annoying in some boss battles because using R + right stick for adjusting the camera in a boss battle means more or less instant death. What I would like to have is pausing the game and then refocusing the camera. But that might be cheating according to some people.

I'm skeptical of the fully controllable camera personally. I sure hope you can switch schemes, because I doubt it'll work for the action portions of the game (though I'm sure it will be wonderful for the few platforming bouts).

Odysseus

Banned
Nerevar said:
wtf? What about those of us that don't have xbox live? This better be available as a disk add-on. I swear, this trend of adding new content via xbl is really starting to fucking piss me off. I really liked Ninja Gaiden, but if I can't get this new content I'm going to cross it off my list of recommended titles.

You know, you really shouldn't act surprised. Remember when you bought the game, did you not see the big "Xbox Live" strip on the front of the box? On the back, where it says "Content Download?" Get Live or quit whining.

shpankey

not an idiot
---- said:
It's weaksauce not because I'm so much better than you but because you gave up so early on in the game and missed out on practically the whole amazing experience. Imagine giving up on Metroid or Zelda that quickly. You don't want to do that. If you like epic boss battles go back, this is one of the most memorable action games of all time. Hell use a strategy guide for a little bit if you have to, the game would still be incredibly fun. The fun comes from the combat at higher levels, not really from puzzle solving. The strategy guide will point you in the right direction and help you prepare for battles. Since the challenge of the game comes from the combat it wouldn't make the game so easy that the fun and enjoyment of the game would be gone. Just don't quit after the 3rd level that's way way way too early. You haven't even gotten a glimpse of the brilliance yet. Max out your Vigorian Flails rip some soldiers to shreds then come back here and tell me the game sucks.

You've convinced me. But I'll wait on 1.1 till I play it again. The promise of a smarter Camera that fully controllable is just too much. I gotta have that feature cause that definately bothered me.

ypo

Well, that's what some said. If it's as good as it can get, they wouldn't be able to make it better/smarter. Good to see even the developers themselves admit to the camera problem.

Troidal

Hot damn. This is quite a treat. One thing I'm wondering is...what if people don't like the new camera and still want to play 1.1? I hope there is an option to switch.

Anyhow, I still have to finish the game, heh...

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Odysseus said:
You know, you really shouldn't act surprised. Remember when you bought the game, did you not see the big "Xbox Live" strip on the front of the box? On the back, where it says "Content Download?" Get Live or quit whining.

So you support developers releasing unfinished games and then patching them up via xbox live, and only via xbox live? Really, this is the dumbest argument ever. It'll be just like the PC market, except you have to pay MS for the "right" to download the patches to fix a game to completion.

So you support developers releasing unfinished games and then patching them up via xbox live, and only via xbox live? Really, this is the dumbest argument ever. It'll be just like the PC market, except you have to pay MS for the "right" to download the patches to fix a game to completion.

Wasn't DOA3 content updates available on OXM discs? Maybe they will with this as well?

Odysseus

Banned
Nerevar said:

Last time I checked, Ninja Gaiden was a freaking spectacular game before 1.1 was ever announced. I view 1.1 as a bonus, not a patch, and certainly not the completion of an unfinished game.

Troidal

Shogmaster said:
Who the hell is that in your avatar and why is she so damn talented. I DEMAND ANSWERS!

She's K-POP/J-POP artist BoA. Ooh yeah, she's got the moves baby!

Anyhow, on the subject...I wonder if they'll release a Ninja Gaiden: Platinum Collection in Japan with 1.1 already built in? Games get these "Greatest Hits" treatment in just 3 months these days in Japan so I wouldnt be surprised.

Mrbob

Itagodki strikes again.

Nerevar said:

WTF are you bitching about? Content download has been a staple of Xbox Live! since the beginning. Anyway OXM will probably make it available eventually.

The extras will probably be included in the Platinum Hits run.

cuccoo

Great, but I'll be leaving the US in a week. Is there anyway to transfer the update from FTP? How about a booster disc like DoA3?

Tellaerin

Nerevar said:

That's MS' way of trying to strongarm people into subscribing to Live. Just like you can't play PSO for the Xbox without Live, even in the offline mode. I agree--if they don't include the downloadable content on an OXM cover disc or one of the MS demo discs, it's complete BS.

Odysseus said:

At least in the US, there are still a lot of places that aren't wired for broadband. The people living in those areas can't get Live, period. You might not give a damn about them, but I think it sucks that they'd get screwed out of extra content through no fault of their own.

Megat0n

If this is considered a patch then every other DLC element is one too.

A patch is to fix a bug or a problem in the game, not add new content.

BeOnEdge

Banned
XBL owns. i dont see how people without live can complain. unless you don't have broadband and cant get broadband, you can wait. DLC is a premium service that XBL users pay as part of their subscription. It's like paying for one of those fast passes at disney land. i pay, i get stuff faster.

Tellaerin

Mrbob said:
The extras will probably be included in the Platinum Hits run.

Not if DOA 3 is any indication. Everyone was expecting the extra costumes and other minor additions that appeared in the non-US versions to be included in the Platinum Hits rerelease, but it didn't happen. I'm still trying to track down the booster disc for that. =/

Mrbob

Tellaerin said:
Not if DOA 3 is any indication. Everyone was expecting the extra costumes and other minor additions that appeared in the non-US versions to be included in the Platinum Hits rerelease, but it didn't happen. I'm still trying to track down the booster disc for that. =/

BUY AN XBOX LIVE! KIT!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Holy shit, best gaming news all week. When does this drop?!?! (runs to IGN).

Unfinished game? What about the scores it got in it's unfinished state, lol. Morons.

I'm real skeptical of the new camera as well.

I mean someone explain to me how you're supposed to do all theose combos with the A,B,X,and Y buttons at the same time as controlling the right thumbstick for the camera? You people got two thumbs or something?

The more I played NG the more I thought the camera was just about perfect.

robot

siamesedreamer said:

I mean someone explain to me how you're supposed to do all theose combos with the A,B,X,and Y buttons at the same time as controlling the right thumbstick for the camera? You people got two thumbs or something?

I think it was added just to make everyone who bitched about it happy. I liked the camera personally...with a game this fast you don't really have time to worry about moving the camera around.

Now I'd like to see someone blame the camera on why they suck.

Meier

I beat Ninja Gaiden while borrowing my friend's copy and dont really see any need to play through it again.. but I might buy this when it drops to 20 bucks to check this new version out. Pretty sweet update though for sure.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ha ha ha ha they made the game even harder even though Itagaki knows many people are complaining that it's too hard.

He's fucking awesome I tell you, too funny.

siamesedreamer said:

Um....yes?

I am not sure how this is a patch..

i thought a patch fixes large errors that are detrimental to the very basic levels of gameplay..

an upgrade with new enemies, bosses, weapons, content, and features (camera control) is not a patch..

and nor should it be mandatory as a free download to anyone that isnt on Xbox Live.. i doubt it will be either..

you can play the game without the upgrade, and nobody was expecting this upgrade, so if you bought the game, you knew what you were getting... the upgrade is simply MORE ontop of what you paid for, and I am amazed its free! i would easily pay $5 for it, and I imagine many more would..

it makes me have warm thoughts of DOA:U ...

Mrbob

Funny how Team Ninja is offering the best downloadable content to date, for free, and some people are still bitching. Hell they are implementing some changes to the original game which some have whined about (Camera) without having to wait for the sequel. This is awesome stuff.

By the way downloadable content is a perk of Xbox Live! so if you are going to whine stop going to McDonalds once a month and save that $4 monthly cost and spend it on LIVE! It is more than allowing you access to online gaming.

----

Banned
1. It's not a patch. A patch fixes bugs. Ninja Gaiden doesn't have bugs. This expansion doesn't fix bugs.

shpankey said:
You've convinced me. But I'll wait on 1.1 till I play it again. The promise of a smarter Camera that fully controllable is just too much. I gotta have that feature cause that definately bothered me.

2. If you're claiming that Ninja Gaiden was too hard for you it makes no sense to wait for 1.1 because 1.1 is intended for people in the 2nd round of the Master Ninja Tournament meaning it makes the game harder. If you felt the game was already too hard on normal, why would you wait for a harder difficulty with more challenging AI? Plus you wouldn't get to experience any of the boss fights in the normal game, which would suck.

3. Just because they say the camera is going to be better that doesn't mean it actually is going to be better. There will probably be a lot of people used to the old control who will complain about the new camera and say the old one was better.

Tellaerin

Mrbob said:
Funny how Team Ninja is offering the best downloadable content to date, for free, and some people are still bitching. Hell they are implementing some changes to the original game which some have whined about (Camera) without having to wait for the sequel. This is awesome stuff.

By the way downloadable content is a perk of Xbox Live! so if you are going to whine stop going to McDonalds once a month and save that $4 monthly cost and spend it on LIVE! It is more than allowing you access to online gaming.

I'm just not too keen on the precedent this is setting. I mean, look at all the PC titles that feature downloadable content, absolutely free. All you need to pay for is your internet connection. (Epic's official bonus packs for the Unreal Tournament series are a perfect example--they've supported their games with extra maps, mutators, and models over the years, all free of charge. Not to mention all the fan-made stuff for the moddable games out there.) With XBL, it's like MS is already conditioning people to accept added fees (for the XBL service itself, and in some cases, an additional charge for the content d/l's) as an expected part of gaming. Considering the tendency companies have to push everything to its logical limit, I'm worried that console gaming's going to reach a point where $50 only buys you the skeleton of a game, and to get the 'whole experience', you're going to end up having to paying for broadband, an online service like Live, and a dozen content downloads at $2-3 apiece just so you can have all the characters/stages/etc. that your friends are using in online games. Since I really don't want to see that happen, I'm a little leery of supporting this sort of thing. (And then there's also the fact that some people just can't get broadband, which I mentioned earlier--making the extra content Live-exclusive sucks for them, too.)

Top Bottom