• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Announced for Tomorrow, June 18th

Davevil

There will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during this presentation.​

the-undertaker-wwe.gif

AREYOUOKAY?

I want a physical version, tho...
They made one of the other DQ 1-3 shitty mobile game looking sprite collection so I don’t see why they wouldn’t do the same for this fancy looking 1-3 collection. Well provided that one rumor is true about it being more than just 3.

Last edited:

Woopah

Tomorrow is perfect timing for me so that's good.

I imagine most big things will be saved for Switch 2, but I do think Prime 4, FE4 remake and either Donkey Kong, 2D Zelda or Tomodachi could appear.

I also predict the first Switch price cut.
I do think that happens this year, but they won't snnounce it in a Direct.
ports, 2d titles, party games, dlc, ...

Metroid 4 not coming. They would have shown a trailer already.

Small chance a new 'bigger' title could release during xmas. ...ie a going away title. A thank you game. Nothing too big tho.
Why do you think Nintendo would have already shown a trailer if Prime was coming?
This is precisely why I don't want HD ports of 2 and 3, but proper remakes like the first game.
I think their point is that the Prime 1 remaster was shadow dropped. So that type of announcement doesn't have to be an indication of the amount of work put in.
Can't wait to see some new IPs from Nintendo.
I see it being more likely for those to release next year instead of this year.

Hudo

Gold Member
They made one of the other DQ 1-3 shitty mobile game looking sprite collection so I don’t see why they wouldn’t do the same for this fancy looking 1-3 collection. Well provided that one rumor is true about it being more than just 3.
Oh yeah...I forgot about that "collection". Man, that was disappointing.

Reactions: Isa

tr1p1ex

Why do you think Nintendo would have already shown a trailer if Prime was coming?
Mainly because they briefly teased the game 7 years ago. Leads me to think that we'd get more advance notice than tomorrow for an Oct/Nov release. IT's also not the type of game they can whip up in less than a year so they would have also have advance notice themselves that it was ready.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Mainly because they briefly teased the game 7 years ago. Leads me to think that we'd get more advance notice than tomorrow for an Oct/Nov release.

Development got completely restarted 5 years ago, though. It's imminent, the question is just whether it's a Switch swan song game, cross-gen, or Switch 2 only now.

Woopah

Mainly because they briefly teased the game 7 years ago. Leads me to think that we'd get more advance notice than tomorrow for an Oct/Nov release. IT's also not the type of game they can whip up in less than a year so they would have also have advance notice themselves that it was ready.
It's possible you're right. But given that Nintendo often announces new games less than 6 months before release, I don't think them releasing the first gameplay footage less than 6 months before release is out of the question.

daclynk

Super Metroid Remake in Dread Engine 2025 release with Metroid Prime 4 game play reveal trailer 2024 release and Metroid Prime 2 & 3 shadowdrop.
Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

It's possible you're right. But given that Nintendo often announces new games less than 6 months before release, I don't think them releasing the first gameplay footage less than 6 months before release is out of the question.
IT's not out of the question. But the long development time. The previous early tease. That spells more advance warning than usual. That's why I would bet against it.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
They announced Dread at E3 and released it that same year. June announcement, October release.
Metroid Prime 1 Remake got shadow dropped same day.

Last edited:

Synless

Dragon quest remake is the only thing I have 100% expectation for.

what else is there? How strong are the Metroid Prime Remasters or Zelda remakes at this point?

Sojiro

I'm excited, hoping for some good 3rd party stuff.
Mainly Dragon Quest HD-2D. Hoping for Nintendo bring over those 3D Zelda titles and finally porting XCX, been waiting forever for that one. Hoping for an update on Decapolice as well. Also that Fantasy Life title is getting close to release.
Glad to see i'm not the only one excited for the new Fantasy Life, I love the 3DS game and can't wait to jump in with the new one. I think its a game my daughter and I could play together so that will be great.

Glad to see this being announced, I knew it had to be soon. Hoping for at least a few games to ride out the rest of this year with, but I am already sold on DQ III HD-2D and fantasy life, so a few other games to go with that will let me be content for the rest of the year. I guess we will see what Nintendo does with the last Direct focused solely on the current Switch, but I still think most big stuff will be saved for the Switch 2, although maybe we might hear something on Prime 4. Still, I am always down for the Nintendo hype train, so bring it on!

tr1p1ex

They announced Dread at E3 and released it that same year. June announcement, October release.
Metroid Prime 1 Remake got shadow dropped same day.
Yep but they never teased any of those of projects 7 years prior. Those projects are much shorter projects. And neither has the cache of a new MP release.

Of course anything is possible. IT's not a law of physics.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Yep but they never teased any of those of projects 7 years prior. Those projects are much shorter projects. And neither has the cache of a new MP release.
Yeah, who knows. I think marketing is a strategy, and we can only guess what it is.

I think they know Metroid is only for hardcore gamers, not the larger casual audience. The series has never really taken off and barely sold more than 2 million an entry. Hardcore gamers don't really need to be marketed to, because they will know about the games from places like this. I think they announced hardcore titles early to just sell the Switch system itself, like Bayonetta 3 and Prime 4.

There's probably not going to be a prolonged marketing blitz for Prime 4.

tr1p1ex

Yeah, who knows. I think marketing is a strategy, and we can only guess what it is.

I think they know Metroid is only for hardcore gamers, not the larger casual audience. The series has never really taken off and barely sold more than 2 million an entry. Hardcore gamers don't really need to be marketed to, because they will know about the games from places like this. I think they announced hardcore titles early to just sell the Switch system itself, like Bayonetta 3 and Prime 4.

There's probably not going to be a prolonged marketing blitz for Prime 4.
well that would just be another reason to tease MP4 already. I assume they would have known in Feb if MP4 was coming out by Nov.

Definitely true it isn't a big franchise for them. That's why I don't see it as a showcase title for Switch 2 either as a rule of thumb. Unless Switch 2 has some unique hardware feature

I also think it isn't out of the question the whole project gets shelved.

but, at the end day...none of us know for sure when/if the game is coming out.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Metroid Prime 4 trailer
Super Mario Wonder DLC
Metroid Prime 4 Deep Dive
Pikmin 4 DLC
Metroid Prime 4: Samus, who is she info trailer
Port
Metroid Prime 4: Release date trailer.

ReyBrujo

Do we still trust Midori? Do we trust someone saying Midori went back to their group chat and mentioned Live a Live 2?

• Thoughtful

jcorb

Smart move to just immediately lay out that a new system isn't being announced. It's actually pretty shocking they haven't announced one by now, so that's obviously what people would've expected.

The only thing I would really imagine having much impact would be DLC for Tears of the Kingdom. Nintendo Directs tend to be pretty hit-or-miss affairs, so I'm personally not getting my hopes up for anything in particular, but hopefully something cool gets announced. A slew of Mega Man games just got added to the Virtual Console, would be cool to see something new announced there, but pretty unlikely.

leo-j

Expecting:

FF IX (ps4/5, Switch, PC)
DQ remakes
Lego horizon trailer

+ Metroid prime 2
Metroid 4 release date

New Mario

Top Bottom