• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct June 21 - What Will We See?

I also want to know about he DQIII Remake. I am also curious about where the hell is Madden on Switch? And the rumored & teased Timesplitters remake.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Imagine if they just drop a teaser for the Switch 2 at the end...
Not happening. And people who are hyping themselves for a reveal will be disappointed.

Switch just sold 100k in Japan for no reason, the sales momentum with Zelda is strong, announcing new hardware will kill of Switch. They need to do an Apple and announced 1-2 months prior tops.

Last edited:

Banned
Not happening. And people who are hyping themselves for a reveal will me disappointed.

Switch just sold 100k in Japan for no reason, the sales momentum with Zelda is strong, announcing new hardware will kill of Switch. They need to do an Apple and announced 1-2 months prior tops.

I'm not saying I think it will happen, but imagine tho...

Davevil

Another leak…

mario-rabbids-cry-e3-2017-reaction-header.jpg

Why this sequel it flop so hard?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom switch version
Street Fighter 4 AE Switch
UMVC3 on switch

a port of SFV or SFVI somehow

F-Zero GX HD port

Metroid Prime 4 actually announced

wave race

Star Fox 2.5D SHmup by treasure
Star Fox 3D by Treasure Nintendo and Factor 5

Project Steam Sequel

A New Punch out game
Arms 2

just to melt the internet some CoD game on the switch

EA port Dead space trilogy to the Switch throw in extraction too
EA make a game that isn't a legacy port

eternal darkness

Switch Pro announced

Left4Dead style game on the switch

switch online allows you play some GC games

any of those happen and I'll be happy (CoD even though I havent played them since the wii days, will be interesting to see)

Last edited:

Mozza

Announcements always happen either in 2 or 3 hours from now. Its never earlier or later.
Still could happen, but time is ticking on. These rumors though, on pretty much every YouTube channel, we are told this is from a leaker who has been right in the past, or course ignoring all the times they were totally wrong.

SCB3

Still could happen, but time is ticking on. These rumors though, on pretty much every YouTube channel, we are told this is from a leaker who has been right in the past, or course ignoring all the times they were totally wrong.
I mean Jeff Grubb has made an entire career out of that

Nautilus

Banned
We gonna know if it will happen or not in 10 minutes.

Mozza

We gonna know if it will happen or not in 10 minutes.
It is exciting, then next direct will pretty much confirm if new hardware is coming, not a direct hardware announcement of course, but is nothing new is in development for the current Switch, apart from ports etc, and stuff we already know about, then it's pretty much a given the main EAD teams at Nintendo, are working on games for the next model.

Nautilus

Banned
It is exciting, then next direct will pretty much confirm if new hardware is coming, not a direct hardware announcement of course, but is nothing new is in development for the current Switch, apart from ports etc, and stuff we already know about, then it's pretty much a given the main EAD teams at Nintendo, are working on games for the next model.
Eh, I don't necessarily agree, because I believe Nintendo will relly heavily on cross gen stuff(like 50/50), but I guess we will see.

Draugoth

Gold Member

A Nintendo Switch 2 will be announced before a Direct. The console, name, games and specs will be revealed in a Direct but the successor will be announced before for marketing reasons. A Nintendo Switch Pro would be more likely to be shadowdropped.

Last edited:

Mozza

A Nintendo Switch 2 will be announced before a Direct. The console, name, games and specs will be revealed in a Direct but the successor will be announced before for marketing reasons. A Nintendo Switch Pro would be more likely to be shadowdropped.
I totally agree with you, Nintendo would not announce new hardware in a direct. I was just saying if the next direct has nothing apart from what we already know about, plus a few ports etc, then Nintendo have moved development to their next hardware. Now it could still be late 2024/ early 2025 until it's release, but Nintendo will not want to fall behind with software for it.

Not so sure a Switch Pro ever existed, this was a rumor born out of the core frustration with the original Switch specs, as it was rumored/hoped to be more powerful, and the pro rumors have pretty much been with us since the Switch's launch.

Last edited:
This late into a consoles life, would a Switch Pro even be a possibility still?

Mozza

Eh, I don't necessarily agree, because I believe Nintendo will relly heavily on cross gen stuff(like 50/50), but I guess we will see.
We will wait and see, perhaps the Switch is only halfway through it's lifecycle like Nintendo stated.... although I do not tend to put a lot of stock in what they say about hardware, they have lied a few time in the past, stating no hardware/revisions were planned, only for them to be announced a short time after.

Draugoth

Gold Member
One more question, please. Based on this “no”. Which makes sense.

Is it a certainty that Switch 2 is backwards compatible with the “current” Switch?

Probably, but that would be up for Nintendo. Knowing them and how much they hate game preservation the Switch successor would either have Switch/DS games locked behind a paywall or they wouldnt bother at all.

Top Bottom