• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2013

Try Mario's Picross for Game Boy, it's on the eShop and it's plenty good for the price.

To be honest I didn't really enjoy Mario's Picross nearly as much as the DS Picross.

I got it for free with Club Nintendo coins so I can't complain too much, but I just didn't like how it controlled all that well. I was one of those people that actually liked using the stylus to mark squares instead of the D-Pad and Buttons. It just felt slower and clunky to me.

KarmaCow

Picross e bought! Keep them coming Jupiter, I'll continue to buy them even though Nintendo's (lack of) account system sucks.

To be honest I didn't really enjoy Mario's Picross nearly as much as the DS Picross.

I got it for free with Club Nintendo coins so I can't complain too much, but I just didn't like how it controlled all that well. I was one of those people that actually liked using the stylus to mark squares instead of the D-Pad and Buttons. It just felt slower and clunky to me.

Yea playing Mario Picross is kinda harsh because of the laggy interface. I don't use the stylus in Picross but the lag and lack of polish in Mario Picross just wore on my until I dropped it.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Figured it was time to stop playing picross e when my right hand started going numb. Only took ~44 minutes of play time. Happened last night two when I played through Liberation Maiden in one sitting.

wsippel

Banned
This Twitter exchange between Jools Watsham and Dan Adelman on the release of Mutant Mudds Deluxe is kinda awesome:

Dan Adelman ‏@Dan_Adelman 4h
Mutant Mudds Deluxe finally out on Wii U eShop! It's insanely good. Nice work, @JoolsWatsham!

Jools Watsham ‏@JoolsWatsham 3h
@Dan_Adelman How has E3 been for you this year?

Dan Adelman ‏@Dan_Adelman 3h
@JoolsWatsham Very busy. Good busy. :)

Jools Watsham ‏@JoolsWatsham 2h
@Dan_Adelman Awesome! It's crazy to think that 2 years ago I showed you the E3 demo of Mudds 3DS. All we had were 3 levels. Good times! :)

Dan Adelman ‏@Dan_Adelman 2h
@JoolsWatsham You've come a long way, baby.

Jools Watsham ‏@JoolsWatsham 2h
@Dan_Adelman It has been a thrilling ride, and working with you guys has made it very special. Truly appreciated! #gettingsappy :)

Dan Adelman ‏@Dan_Adelman 1h
@JoolsWatsham Look at us. Crying like a couple of schoolgirls.

Jools Watsham ‏@JoolsWatsham 59m
@Dan_Adelman I love you, man! :)
Capy guy was right, Dan is good people. Not that we didn't know that already.

n64coder

Picross e bought! Keep them coming Jupiter, I'll continue to buy them even though Nintendo's (lack of) account system sucks.

I also bought it. I liked the stylus controls that they added. Also picked up the 2 Zelda Oracle games and the DK minis.

Finished the easy puzzles on picross e. I don't want it to be over soon so I put it down :(

Edit: Also need to get screen protectors ASAP. My DS lite's touch screen wore down were picross ds' on screen buttons were located.

duckroll

Mighty Switch Force 2 seems like MSF1 + firefighter theme + new levels and music. Good enough for me though, those expecting more might want to hold off for a bit.

Hero

For some reason I thought the Dungeons & Dragon Chronicles of Mystara collection was out today. Next week then?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mighty Switch Force 2 seems like MSF1 + firefighter theme + new levels and music. Good enough for me though, those expecting more might want to hold off for a bit.

If I hadn't picked up MSF:HD a month (after owning the original), or two ago (on sale), I might be tempted to pick up MSF2 right now. As you (and most others) have said, it's more of the same, so I'll skip it for now and probably pick it up whenever it goes on a decent sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the easy puzzles on picross e. I don't want it to be over soon so I put it down :(

Edit: Also need to get screen protectors ASAP. My DS lite's touch screen wore down were picross ds' on screen buttons were located.
Would it be fun for someone who never played a picross game in his life? Hearing so much about it definitely piqued my interest.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Would it be fun for someone who never played a picross game in his life? Hearing so much about it definitely piqued my interest.

Do you like puzzle games? I would recommend it for most people who like pick up and play type games, if you're on a short little commute with work or on a break, you can finish a puzzle in about 5 minutes. It's unique, if you want to try something similar, look for a nonogram flash game.

steveovig

For some reason I thought the Dungeons & Dragon Chronicles of Mystara collection was out today. Next week then?

That'll be $15, right? I've always wanted those games but now I'm kinda worn out on brawlers after this past generation (Simpsons, X-Men, TMNT, etc.). I'm pretty much thinking it'll be nonstop credit feeding until I get bored.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
All over Mighty Switch Force 2.

That'll be $15, right? I've always wanted those games but now I'm kinda worn out on brawlers after this past generation (Simpsons, X-Men, TMNT, etc.). I'm pretty much thinking it'll be nonstop credit feeding until I get bored.

D&D is better than those Konami beat-em-ups.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
dare I ask, but are those .30c games for euroland as well?

Sure!!! Picross DS was my first Picross game and I was addicted to it. They're very addicting. As someone else said, you can look up for nonograms online if you want to try. Nothing comes remotely close to stylus control though :p

I wouldn't really call Yoshi a terrible game. I'd say it just kind of gets repetitive for my tastes. I got for free on 3DS and I'm content with it, even if there's a bunch of other puzzle games that're more fun.

DK NES just suffers from the missing level that the arcade version had. Otherwise, it's Donkey Kong.

Got Yoshi as part of the ambassador program on 3DS. Quite enjoy it and have put a reasonable number of hours into it. Problem I have with it is that I hit a wall after playing for so long where shit just falls faster and faster with no respite so I feel that I've maxed my potential score and can't get any further.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Do you like puzzle games? I would recommend it for most people who like pick up and play type games, if you're on a short little commute with work or on a break, you can finish a puzzle in about 5 minutes. It's unique, if you want to try something similar, look for a nonogram flash game.
I like sudoku, and I'm really enjoying Pushmo so far (I'm on chapter 5, taking it really slow). I don't use my 3DS outside of my house, as I can rarely find a seat on the bus, and I risk it being stolen (almost happened once; luckily my reflexes were fast). But if it's intended for short sessions, it could be a nice game for the bathroom breaks xD

I'll try one of those flash games then, hopefully it'll be right up my alley.

Sure!!! Picross DS was my first Picross game and I was addicted to it. They're very addicting. As someone else said, you can look up for nonograms online if you want to try. Nothing comes remotely close to stylus control though :p
Glad to hear this (though my wallet isn't!). I like puzzle games, as long as they aren't impossibly hard to the point of frustration.

Vamphuntr

Is the game gear Shinning Force any good? I played the genesis and saturn games but never got the chance to own a game gear.

tolkir

How much content does Picross-e have?

15 puzzles Easy Mode (10 5x5 & 5 10x10)
60 puzzles Normal Mode (30 10x10 & 30 15x15)
60 puzzles Free Mode (30 10x10 & 30 15x15)
15 puzzles Extra Mode (5 10x10 & 10 15x15)

First time playing a Picross game and it lasted me 27 hours.

Don't understand why people can be hesitant to buy Yoshi for 30c. It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.

Meh, I owned it for GameBoy and have no desire to play it again. This isn't like Super Metroid which I bought without really having any immediate plan to play.

Mr.Fusion

There seems to be a bug in Mutant Mudds Deluxe when using a Wiimote or Wiimote Plus. Normally you press jump let off and then hold jump to hover, but when using Wiimotes when I press jump he will sometimes start to hover and then quickly fall. It seems the game is recognizing one press of jump as multiple presses.

So picross e3 is buggy or @ least my version is.

Last two world's or should I call chapters are not picking up any mistakes. You can basically fill up all the squares and no penalties are given.

You can't finish any puzzles in these sections.

So picross e3 is buggy or @ least my version is.

Last two world's or should I call chapters are not picking up any mistakes. You can basically fill up all the squares and no penalties are given.

You can't finish any puzzles in these sections.
I think those chapters don't have the "mistake penalty" mechanic. It's up to you to solve them using pure maths and logic.

Or am I losing my mind?!

There seems to be a bug in Mutant Mudds Deluxe when using a Wiimote or Wiimote Plus. Normally you press jump let off and then hold jump to hover, but when using Wiimotes when I press jump he will sometimes start to hover and then quickly fall. It seems the game is recognizing one press of jump as multiple presses.

Tweet Jools about it. Probably the quickest way to flag it up.

Moobabe

Quick question and I figured this is the best place to ask:

I've downloaded Fire Emblem and am about to download Animal Crossing - I don't have enough space though.

I've changed to a 16GB SD card but is there a list of the games I've previously downloaded anywhere like on PSN?

Edit

I'm properly thick and I've found it now

Edit 2

And in the process discovered that my second hand 3DS is part of the ambassador scheme... FREE GAMES!

n64coder

Figured it was time to stop playing picross e when my right hand started going numb. Only took ~44 minutes of play time. Happened last night two when I played through Liberation Maiden in one sitting.

For me, it was my left hand. I'm using the stylus/d-pad controls and there's not a lot of support to manipulate the d-pad and hold the 3DS XL. After a couple of games, my thumb cramps up. I guess it would be better if I laid the 3DS down on a flat surface.

With all of the talk about Mario Picross, I thought the Picross e was a 3DS VC game. I was impressed how they integrated stylus controls into the game. After awhile, I realized that it was just a regular eShop game.

Anyway, like the numerous other puzzle junkies on this board, I enjoy this game and still want more, especially Picross 3D. I might have to just replay the DS game over again.

stuminus3

Didn't know there was another one. I enjoyed it on the DS.
The new game is completely different from the DS game (well, other than they're both platformers). The DS game is a straight-up Super Mario Bros rip off (like the original Giana Sisters from the 1980s), the new game is its own thing. It's also really, really good. I'd wholly recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it on another platform.

Picross E is great. My girlfriend never played this type of game before but quickly learned it within 10 minutes and forgot all about Candy Crush for 2 hours - which is a feat in and of itself. She is now a Picross addict.

Please bring the others to the U.S., Nintendo!

rawk

I want to play Mutant Mudds, but I don't know if I should go for the 3D version or the Wii U version. Any thoughts on this?

Top Bottom