• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2013

m0t0k1

Here are the downloads for Europe this week

Wii U Add On

New Super Luigi U - £17.99/€19.99

I still can't understand why the suggested retail price is €45 in europe. For 30 i would have dipped but it is just too expensive. I am still looking into buying New Super Mario Bros U so i can't buy Luigi U for 20.

3DS

BUGS vs. TANKS!™ - €7.99(£7.19)

3DS VC

Defenders of Oasis - €3.99(£3.59)

Special Offers

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS) - €2.49, was €4.99/£2.49, was £4.99) - Until July 4th

Sold! One step closer to Attack of the Friday Monsters~

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Every time this thread gets bumped, I get a little flutter in my heart believing that Nintendo might release Kirby's Dreamland 2 in America.
Rather surprised Nintendo hasn't released this yet, especially considering all the other Kirby games they've ported. At least I finally got to play it via Kirby's Dream Collection. It was pretty much one of the only classic Kirby games (aside from Block Ball) that I didn't play on cartridge growing up.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Picross e turned out to be a great game, and I'm enjoying it a lot!

It's perfect for when I want to sneak in a couple of minutes of gaming at home (since I don't take the console out), but don't have time to (or don't want to) play something for a longer period of time. Now I understand why everyone is so obsessed with picross, lol

Wow, Picross e turned out to be a great game, and I'm enjoying it a lot!

It's perfect for when I want to sneak in a couple of minutes of gaming at home (since I don't take the console out), but don't have time to (or don't want to) play something for a longer period of time. Now I understand why everyone is so obsessed with picross, lol
Welcome to the family :)

Now let's all complain until we get Picross e2!!!! :D

zroid

Banned
Wii U Add On

The two month wait for the retail version in North America will be damn painful. But I got it pre-ordered for $19.99, so I'd be crazy to forego that. Unless I buy both...........

Wii U Add On

Wii U VC

Mario Bros. NES - £3.49/€4.99
Wrecking Crew NES - £3.49/€4.99

3DS

LEGO® Legends of CHIMA: Laval's Journey - Demo & Download £34.99/€39.99
Rayman Origins - £17.99/€19.99
Luxor - €11.99(£10.79)
BUGS vs. TANKS!™ - €7.99(£7.19)
3D Game Collection - €24.99 (£11.99)
Gardenscapes - €24.99 (£14.99)
The Phantom Thief Stina and 30 Jewels - €4.99/£4.49
Witch's Cat - €4.99/£4.49
101 DinoPets 3D - €4.00(£3.59)

3DS VC

Tails Adventure - €4.99(£4.49)

DSiWare

Armageddon Operation Dragon - €4.99(£4.49)/500 Points
Jewel Quest 5 – The Sleepless Star - €7.99(£7.19)/800 Points

Special Offers

Little Inferno (Wii U) - €4.99, was €9.99/£4.49, was £8.99 - Until June 26th
Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS) - €2.49, was €4.99/£2.49, was £4.99) - Until July 4th

So not much for the PAL eShops then this week :p

Seriously will be getting Mario Bros (love that game) and maybe New Super Luigi U, I still need to play New Super Mario U though even though having it since launch so I dunno.

It appears as though this week in America we're getting: Defenders of Oasis (GG), Sonic Blast (GG), Mega Man 6 (NES), and Tails Adventure (GG) on the 3DS VC side.
And yes will be getting all of those on my 3DS this week.

I'm running out of space in my file on the 3DS for just eShop only titles, I'm gonna have to need to start a better system for organising them :/

rjc571

Banned
It appears as though this week in America we're getting: Defenders of Oasis (GG), Sonic Blast (GG), Mega Man 6 (NES), and Tails Adventure (GG) on the 3DS VC side.

Sonic Blast Master System (the version we SHOULD be getting):
HZk8vEd.png

Sonic Blast Game Gear (the version we ARE getting):
xhMveai.png

F off Sega

Keep in mind the Game Gear can run Master System games natively and so they wouldn't have to do any work to get the Master System version to work on their Game Gear emulator

Never even heard of Super Little Acorns before but thanks to this thread I'll get it! Looks fun.

I'll buy anything remotely fun if its in impulse buy price range, take note developers!

@MUWANdo

Banned
http://retrocityrampage.com/wiipromo.php

Sounds like the Retro City Rampage team are doing different promotions to get more sells out of the Wii version by selling shirts with free dl code.

Remember, the developer can't actually claim his earnings for the game unless he moves a certain number of copies, so this promotion may well help him get over the threshold in each region (if he hasn't already, I haven't really paid attention).

Just for Europe and Japan at the moment: additional games are available to download for the Streetpass Plaza.

Well, theoretically, at least. The app's glitched, so it crashes before you can actually purchase anything.

qq more

Sonic Blast Master System (the version we SHOULD be getting):
HZk8vEd.png

Sonic Blast Game Gear (the version we ARE getting):
xhMveai.png

F off Sega

Keep in mind the Game Gear can run Master System games natively and so they wouldn't have to do any work to get the Master System version to work on their Game Gear emulator

The Master System version IIRC is Brazil-only.

Either way it's a really really shitty game. Avoid it.

Teknoman

Is Luigi U getting an OT? Also it seems like the "extra mode" challenging nature of the game lends itself more to SP than MP?

rjc571

Banned
The Master System version IIRC is Brazil-only.

Either way it's a really really shitty game. Avoid it.

Regardless of the game's quality, I want to illustrate how INSANELY CRAMPED Game Gear games are compared to their Master System counterparts and how stupid it is of Sega to not put up the MS version where applicable.

The other two GG games going up this week were designed for the GG from the ground up and actually look pretty fun. I may pick up the Defenders of Oasis RPG. (Any relation to Legend/Beyond Oasis?)

Somnid

Regardless of the game's quality, I want to illustrate how INSANELY CRAMPED Game Gear games are compared to their Master System counterparts and how stupid it is of Sega to not put up the MS version where applicable.

The other two GG games going up this week were designed for the GG from the ground up and actually look pretty fun. I may pick up the Defenders of Oasis RPG. (Any relation to Legend/Beyond Oasis?)

That's not really the point of the Virtual Console. VC is ideally for all versions, not just the ones people feel are superior.

rjc571

Banned
That's not really the point of the Virtual Console. VC is ideally for all versions, not just the ones people feel are superior.

1. The Master System versions are never, ever going to be available on the 3DS.

2. Game Gear ports of Master System games are almost completely identical to the MS versions, but the viewing area was greatly reduced because the Game Gear screen only had 40% as many pixels as Master System games. There's literally no reason to play the Game Gear version over the Master System version.

GulAtiCa

Remember, the developer can't actually claim his earnings for the game unless he moves a certain number of copies, so this promotion may well help him get over the threshold in each region (if he hasn't already, I haven't really paid attention).

Oh I know, which makes me curious if it's gotten any closer to where doing this might help push them over the threshold. I've also noticed them advertise the Wii version a bit from time to time over the last few weeks over twitter.

Wii U Add On

3DS VC

Special Offers

Thanks. My haul for the week.

1. The Master System versions are never, ever going to be available on the 3DS.

2. Game Gear ports of Master System games are almost completely identical to the MS versions, but the viewing area was greatly reduced because the Game Gear screen only had 40% as many pixels as Master System games. There's literally no reason to play the Game Gear version over the Master System version.

There are two reasons.

1) You want to play a legit copy of the game on a handheld.

2) You care more about the additional colors the GG can display than the SMS's higher resolution.

As for those games though, as I've said before, I like the first GG Sonic, but the others aren't good. I know some people like Chaos and Triple Trouble, but sorry, I don't think any of Aspect's GG games are anything above subpar and moderately disappointing (and they did 2 (SMS/GG), Chaos, Triple Trouble, Blast, and Tails' Adventure). The first GG Sonic is a good game in part because Sega actually made it, not Aspect. And I thought it played fine on GG, lower resolution or no.

Gambit

It will be difficult to keep myself from buying the Luigi DLC now, but the cover of the retail version is just too good. Don't want to double-dip!

Super Little Acorns Turbo 3D sounds like a great deal. Will buy.

None whatsoever.

Thanks. I had the same question

rjc571

Banned
There are two reasons.

1) You want to play a legit copy of the game on a handheld.

2) You care more about the additional colors the GG can display than the SMS's higher resolution.

As for those games though, as I've said before, I like the first GG Sonic, but the others aren't good. I know some people like Chaos and Triple Trouble, but sorry, I don't think any of Aspect's GG games are anything above subpar and moderately disappointing (and they did 2 (SMS/GG), Chaos, Triple Trouble, Blast, and Tails' Adventure). The first GG Sonic is a good game in part because Sega actually made it, not Aspect. And I thought it played fine on GG, lower resolution or no.

I see it as being analogous to Nintendo releasing 50 hz games on the European Wii VC. Runninng at 50 hz doesn't make games unplayable, but outside of authenticity or compatibility issues with older TVs there's no reason that anybody would want to play a game at 50 hz instead of 60 hz. The same principle applies to MS/GG games, but in my opinion taking a game that was designed for 256x224 and cropping it to 160x144 hurts its playability more than decreasing a game's framerate by from 60 to 50.

Since Nintendo eventually relented and started putting up 60 hz games on the Wii U VC in Europe, I don't see why Sega shouldn't do the same and release Master System games for 3DS in place of the Game Gear version, when an MS version exists. Or hell, why don't they start releasing Master System games on 3DS, regardless of whether or not the game exists on the Game Gear? Their emulator already supports them, and the MS had a much better library than the GG.

Unlike the first 3 Sonics though, Sonic Blast was originally a GG game and it was only the crazy Brazilians that made the console hack one wasn't it?

So technically the handheld one is the ratio its 'supposed' to be anyway?

But yea, I do agree with you. :p I prefer the not zoomed in one.

Either way I don't give a shit cause Sega aren't giving me Dragon's Trap. :( Even though it had a GG release and still nothing, I was suuuuuure it would come because it was the missing one from the release of the HD MW games last year. It made so much sense!

Rich!

Anyone got any idea on when Picross e3 might be out here in the UK? I've finished Picross e1, e2 and Mario Picross 100%. Withdrawal symptoms...

Also, why isn't there an option to create your own puzzles in any game yet? With online sharing and voting, it could be a killer feature.

Refyref

Anyone got any idea on when Picross e3 might be out here in the UK? I've finished Picross e1, e2 and Mario Picross 100%. Withdrawal symptoms...

Also, why isn't there an option to create your own puzzles in any game yet? With online sharing and voting, it could be a killer feature.

Yet another reason why Picross 3D is great, and why there should be a sequel.

Top Bottom