• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

dwu8991

Banned
Played some Wii Ware demos -

Cave story felt alright but not enough in the demo for a buy

Jett Rocket is a shallow Super Mario Galaxy, all wonky and bland

Quite a charming game given it's a low budget

Okay, whoever decides what goes on Europe's Club Nintendo needs. To get. Fired. Not only do we not have downloadable games, but we don't even have store credit for the eShop, it's still Wii/DSiWare points. And the selection of physical stuff is absolutely terrible too. You can't get anything decent unless you buy about 30 Nintendo titles.

I have 1500 stars expiring at the end of March, and I can afford... some shoelaces, or a cleaning cloth with Yoshi on it. Customer incentive or what?

The way I hear it, the poor sod in charge of the UK club nintendo has no choice in what gets put up. They literally get the leftovers that they are sent and told to make do.

Though to be honest: I just looked at the Japanese equivalent, and it's not that much better.
http://club.nintendo.jp/member/exec/entranceNaviPrivilege

Other than the soundtracks, 3DS game case and hats, I think we have had everything there before.
And honestly, even if we DID get eshop credit, the trade rate would be atrocious, given it's £7 worth of Wii points for 4000 stars (16 retail games...)

The way I hear it, the poor sod in charge of the UK club nintendo has no choice in what gets put up. They literally get the leftovers that they are sent and told to make do.

Though to be honest: I just looked at the Japanese equivalent, and it's not that much better.
http://club.nintendo.jp/member/exec/entranceNaviPrivilege

Other than the soundtracks, 3DS game case and hats, I think we have had everything there before.
And honestly, even if we DID get eshop credit, the trade rate would be atrocious, given it's £7 worth of Wii points for 4000 stars (16 retail games...)

Wut? The JPN Club Nintendo is the best by a country mile. Bigger selection, reasonable coin values. The Euro and US are about on the same (crappy) level.

Drago

At least in NA, the save data transfer tool is up on the eShop. Just search in transfer and it's there.

Gonna test it out with Star Fox now!

Refyref

I wonder how much of a difference HTML5 and Javascript support will make. I suspect very little.

At one point Nintendo announced Flash could be used to make games on WiiWare. I don't think it changed a thing. I'm not even sure if any game even used that at the end, actually.

serplux

I wonder how much of a difference HTML5 and Javascript support will make. I suspect very little.

There's quite a few games out there that use Javascript/HTML5 engines, so that'll open the Wii U up to more developers.

Edit: I'm sure we'll get a better description tomorrow when the actual presentation goes on at GDC.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
BGOlwjECQAAh2Lu.jpg

Insaniac

I'd like to pop in here and say that Starship defense is a great tower defense style game and worth the 150 coins if anybody was on the fence!

There's quite a few games out there that use Javascript/HTML5 engines, so that'll open the Wii U up to more developers.

Edit: I'm sure we'll get a better description tomorrow when the actual presentation goes on at GDC.

Mostly hobbyist games though. I can't think of many good ones either. Onslaught is the only one I can come up with. It's cool that they're supporting it but I don't think it's a big deal.

JavyOO7

Man. My friend had his copy of Luigi's Mansion 2 today and we played multi player together... quick impressions for me is that its super charming. And super amazing too. I am sad now.

Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 2
Harmo Knight
Escape Vektor
... and a 3ds XL

As the next games I want on the 3DS... damn bro. My wallet. I must be strong though... /tear

Chopper

Some good stuff for JP 3DS VC next week:

- Tails Adventures (Game Gear)
- Renegade (Famicom)
- Fire Emblem Gaiden (Famicom)

Woah, a Game Gear game.

Theyve been wanting to put Miiverse/eShop on everything for a while now, so that's probably it.
Argh! I wish everyone would stop talking about the "incoming" Miiverse and "account" updates! It's too soon! It's too sensible! It's too... Conventional! Don't you see?! Nintendo won't deliver! Nintendo can't deliver.

Hurry up Nintendo.

Woah, a Game Gear game.

Argh! I wish everyone would stop talking about the "incoming" Miiverse and "account" updates! It's too soon! It's too sensible! It's too... Conventional! Don't you see?! Nintendo won't deliver! Nintendo can't deliver.

Hurry up Nintendo.

All I know is, there's a presentation at 3:30pm tomorrow on Miiverse and its future.

They've been releasing those in Japan about once every month. Unlike, you know, everywhere else.
To be fair, I don't think many people care about Game Gear stuff outside of Japan.

And Sega isn't awesome like Hudson was and just released everything anyway (memories of crazy good TG16 support on VC).

Top Bottom