• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

spongebob.gif
I'm ready!
spongebob.gif
I'm ready!
spongebob.gif
I'm ready!
spongebob.gif
I'm ready!

MaestroRyan said:
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

ARE YOU PSYCHED

ARE YOU HYPED

GAMING CHANGES IN TWO DAYS. GAMING IS NEW AGAIN IN TWO DAYS. ARE YOU FUCKING READY? ARE. YOU. FUCKING. READY?

....and then we have to wait months for the thing to even be released.

JavyOO7

I would'nt mind a Luigi's Mansion part two. The nun-chuck and remote make the possibilities endless for a game like that. Manipulating moving parts in 3d space and etc etc...

The game would just have to be a bit longer, more fleshed out, more things to do and etc. I would'nt oppose to a LM2, tbh.

JavyOO7 said:
I would'nt mind a Luigi's Mansion part two. The nun-chuck and remote make the possibilities endless for a game like that. Manipulating moving parts in 3d space and etc etc...

The game would just have to be a bit longer, more fleshed out, more things to do and etc. I would'nt oppose to a LM2, tbh.

Seriously. I actually WANT a Luigi's Mansion 2, the first was my FAVORITE Gamecube launch game. The Wii controller is just too perfect to NOT make a LM game out of it.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
you know I wish Nintendo would announce at E3 that they will finally stop shafting Europe. They've been talking about it for years, but Europe still sees hardware and software months after the US and at inflated prices. DSL and new DS games will be late to Europe, Wii will be late to Europe, Wii games will miss the Xmas period in Europe and get March release dates - it's a standard and pathetic pattern, especially given the size and importance of the European market. Referencing the occasional title that made it out within 4 weeks of US launch does not make up for the systematic delays in the majority of titles and updates/colors of hardware.

Whoever stops fucking Europe first will win

MrSardonic said:
you know I wish Nintendo would announce at E3 that they will finally stop shafting Europe. They've been talking about it for years, but Europe still sees hardware and software months after the US and at inflated prices. DSL and new DS games will be late to Europe, Wii will be late to Europe, Wii games will miss the Xmas period in Europe and get March release dates - it's a standard and pathetic pattern, especially given the size and importance of the European market. Referencing the occasional title that made it out within 4 weeks of US launch does not make up for the systematic delays in the majority of titles and updates/colors of hardware.

QFT. It's just insane.

MrSardonic said:

So much truth in here, it hurts. I'm getting sick and tired of it, I'm already making plans to import my next gen consoles and games.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Henk_Glimlach said:
QFT. It's just insane.
Yip, its a fucking joke. The different languages thing might be a hurdle but in this day and age it shouldn't have that big an effect.

alejob

I thought that LM was OK, nothing special. But I agree that with new controller a sequel has lots of potential. Can't wait for E3 :D

I just want Mario Kart Online:)

MrSardonic said:

To be fair, it has got better. We've even got some games before Japan/US like Mario Kart, Another Code, Minish Cap, etc. Hopefully Wii will encourage the trend.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
the only thing im praying for from this conference is a launch for summer or before. im convinced that the price point will be better than anyone expects, though. as far as games go, i want to see jet grind radio wii or star tropics wii .... heh i can dream right?

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Sorry if posted but...
http://gonintendo.com/?p=2487

AOL have seen MP3 and apparently it looks practically finished according to them.

old, and aol doesnt know anything.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
do they not lock these threads and start fresh ones to be sticked for the conference?

In 24 hours Nintendo will fully reveal the future of videogames. We have waited for this day for 3 years, and I have full confidence that Nintendo will deliver us.

For too long we've used tacky controllers that don't give you proper control, as well as graphics that don't look nearly as interesting as real life locations. Nintendo will change all that. Instead of fumbling with 30 buttons on a controller, we will now be able to use our entire arm to control the game, as god intended. Although God created the penis, which is the greatest gaming device of all time, Miyamoto has blessed us with a man made marvel that offers the penis' closest competition. Something that has never been fully imagined by human minds.

Some have complained about the graphics of the Revolution, but in the end they are nothing more than heretics. Thousands of years ago the apostle John advised man to "believe" and he would be saved. Today, the Tri Force of Nintendo prophecy - Matt, Aries, Nighttrain - beseech us to simply "believe" too. It's not about facts, nor science, both of which are man made. It's about belief. I believe the Revolution will be as powerful as the already crippled Xbox 360. I believe that the Revolution will make me say wow. I believe that the Revolution will be...a Revolution.

And as Tomorrow slowly peaks over the horizon of time, I look forward to rejoicing with my fellow breatheran. Tomorrow, the world changes.

MrSardonic said:
do they not lock these threads and start fresh ones to be sticked for the conference?

No, these ones will be stickied.

Anyone know if Ill be able to view this board with my Jr. tag? Or am I going to have to make useless posts before Monday?

blahness

PhoenixDark said:
In 24 hours Nintendo will fully reveal the future of videogames. We have waited for this day for 3 years, and I have full confidence that Nintendo will deliver us.

For too long we've used tacky controllers that don't give you proper control, as well as graphics that don't look nearly as interesting as real life locations. Nintendo will change all that. Instead of fumbling with 30 buttons on a controller, we will now be able to use our entire arm to control the game, as god intended. Although God created the penis, which is the greatest gaming device of all time, Miyamoto has blessed us with a man made marvel that offers the penis' closest competition. Something that has never been fully imagined by human minds.

Some have complained about the graphics of the Revolution, but in the end they are nothing more than heretics. Thousands of years ago the apostle John advised man to "believe" and he would be saved. Today, the Tri Force of Nintendo prophecy - Matt, Aries, Nighttrain - beseech us to simply "believe" too. It's not about facts, nor science, both of which are man made. It's about belief. I believe the Revolution will be as powerful as the already crippled Xbox 360. I believe that the Revolution will make me say wow. I believe that the Revolution will be...a Revolution.

And as Tomorrow slowly peaks over the horizon of time, I look forward to rejoicing with my fellow breatheran. Tomorrow, the world changes.

you are a day early

PhoenixDark said:

Maybe you should have waited until tomorrow for this.

User 7575

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

AMEN. PREACH MY BROTHER, PREACH.

tomorrow, the revolution stares us in the face. WILL WE RISE? WILL WE FIGHT? WILL WE CONTINUE TO BE FORCE-FED SEQUELS? NO. IT IS TIME TO RISE UP.

HALLIUJAH

edit: YOUR RELIGIOUS OUTBURST MIGHT HAVE COME A TAD EARLY

Paradoxal_Utopia said:
No, these ones will be stickied.

Anyone know if Ill be able to view this board with my Jr. tag? Or am I going to have to make useless posts before Monday?

Please someone answer this Q. Id really hate to miss reactions from this board.

littlewig

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Why wait to rejoice? Nintendo is going to bless us tomorrow - it's a fact.

You can't act too early, we need all our forces to strike at once or else all is lost.

Soldier, do you try to fail?

User 7575

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Why wait to rejoice? Nintendo is going to bless us tomorrow - it's a fact.

You're stretching it. It's okay to admit you made an error.

Edit: And Jesus spoke, "Only the truest of believers will be taken when the end of worlds is upon us. Thou must prove your loyalty to Miyamoto. Kill your first born son."

In the end no one killed their children. And Jesus said "lol kidding"

PhoenixDark said:

Aries is dead. ;)

Gawaian

Paradoxal_Utopia said:
Please someone answer this Q. Id really hate to miss reactions from this board.
The mods have said that neither lurkers nor junior members will be banned from the forums, so don't worry.

JavyOO7

alejob said:
I thought that LM was OK, nothing special. But I agree that with new controller a sequel has lots of potential. Can't wait for E3 :D

I just want Mario Kart Online:)

Oooh Mario Kart. :)

TBH, there's not alot Nintendo can do to improve Mario Kart right now. MK DS was pretty darn close IMO to eclipse the original MK.

The thing with MKDS that bothered me to hell was the snaking. Yeah, it's been around in previous MK games I know. But will the Revolution version have speed boosts again, or do we duke it out old school and attempt to power drift through the corners like the original MK? I think that's the one big hurdle Nintendo has to decide.

Oh yeah, MK Revolution HAS GOT TO BE ONLINE with EIGHT PLAYERS. None of this 4 player business. And improve the course design... MK DS had some pretty good courses IMO.

cvxfreak

JavyOO7 said:
Oooh Mario Kart. :)

TBH, there's not alot Nintendo can do to improve Mario Kart right now. MK DS was pretty darn close IMO to eclipse the original MK.

The thing with MKDS that bothered me to hell was the snaking. Yeah, it's been around in previous MK games I know. But will the Revolution version have speed boosts again, or do we duke it out old school and attempt to power drift through the corners like the original MK? I think that's the one big hurdle Nintendo has to decide.

Oh yeah, MK Revolution HAS GOT TO BE ONLINE with EIGHT PLAYERS. None of this 4 player business. And improve the course design... MK DS had some pretty good courses IMO.

I hope we get a lot more classic courses online too. It was so fun playing a few courses in MKDS online that were from the previous. I'd like to see an all Rainbow Road course. :D

mCACGj

Don't know if it's been posted, but Gametrailers is having a free live webcast of Nintendo's press conference on Tuesday, just a heads up.

Aurora

MrSardonic said:

This is all so true. My friends and I are getting more and more pissed off about this. The thing that gets me the most angry is that in the UK we have to wait months and months after the NA release of games... and when they finally get here they're exactly the same. I mean literally word-for-word identical. You bastards make me wait half a year extra for a game - the least you could do is correct the spellings. "Mom"? "Honor"??? AAAAARGH! </rant>

Trurl

Banned
Aurora said:
You bastards make me wait half a year extra for a game - the least you could do is correct the spellings. "Mom"? "Honor"??? AAAAARGH! </rant>
"Mom" and "Honor" are the correct spellings. :p

cvxfreak

I think the early Australian DS Lite launch is a sign of the things to come. I'm sure Iwata is genuinely interested in getting Europe back on track for Nintendo. I'm sure he's noticed DS sales there being greater than in the US.

Top Bottom