• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo employees like working at Nintendo %98.8 Employee Retention

DaGwaphics

Black And White Animation GIF

A clip from the Nintendo new employee training video. Caption: You LOVE it here, You will never leave... :messenger_winking_tongue:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
We had this thread I think. Also, I've never seen the percent sign placed in front of the numbers before, is that a thing you do in some countries?

feynoob

We are in market crisis. People dont have that much choice these days, so they have to stay and earn that money.

Hudo

Granted, I am not an investor and don't have a MBA but when the Wii U bombed and Iwata announced that he and the upper management would take a 50% cut in their salaries in exchange for not laying off people (as some investors asked about), I thought "well, he genuinely seems to give a shit". Dunno how Furukawa is handling Nintendo but it appears he's doing the right things.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
We are in market crisis. People dont have that much choice these days, so they have to stay and earn that money.
What? It says right there in the headline that the overall new employee retention rate in Japan is 70% so apparently there’s plenty of choice. What crisis are you talking about? And why does it only affect Nintendo employees?

feynoob

What? It says right there in the headline that the overall new employee retention rate in Japan is 70% so apparently there’s plenty of choice. What crisis are you talking about? And why does it only affect Nintendo employees?
The world market is messed up due to inflation. And gaming market is competitive field. Its hard to get a job, if you leave your current job.
Its why people dont want to quit their job after the covid lockdown. Even if they hate that job.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The world market is messed up due to inflation. And gaming market is competitive field. Its hard to get a job, if you leave your current job.
Its why people dont want to quit their job after the covid lockdown. Even if they hate that job.

Dude, don’t do that thing where you read some headline then toss out some plausible sounding explanation for it when you really have no clue what’s actually going on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom