• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Indie World Announced for Tomorrow 8/18 9am PT

ultrazilla

No Hollow Knight: Silk Song update is a bummer but I actually thought for the 20 minute window they showed games, it
was a solid showing. Picking up A Short Hike and Raji today for sure. Hades is a SOLID rogue type as well. How about
those Subnautica games? Very cool they're going to Switch as well.

Overall, very good Indie Showcase. I'd score it 4 outta 5 Super Marios.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
No Hollow Knight: Silk Song update is a bummer but I actually thought for the 20 minute window they showed games, it
was a solid showing. Picking up A Short Hike and Raji today for sure. Hades is a SOLID rogue type as well. How about
those Subnautica games? Very cool they're going to Switch as well.

Overall, very good Indie Showcase. I'd score it 4 outta 5 Super Marios.

It wasn't the worst Indie we've had. Though I wonder what happened to the Microsoft game that is coming. Likely delayed.

Hopefully next week is 5/5 Mario's

WatDat

Banned
Is this the thread where people will lose their entitled minds because Nintendo doesn’t announce Super Ultra Metroid or whatever? (Even though it is specified clearly to be an indie focused ‘event’........)

tkscz

Holy fuck the comments.

Nintendo: *CLEARLY states it's a showcase of indie games*
YT Comments: "ZELDA WHERE!? SMASH BROS WHERE!?"

Is this the thread where people will lose their entitled minds because Nintendo doesn’t announce Super Ultra Metroid or whatever? (Even though it is specified clearly to be an indie focused ‘event’........)

You're looking for the Youtube comments

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Most of that was pretty awful stuff, mediocre at best.

Hades is ok, it's been in Early Access forever.

That one game with the geometry looked okish.

I guess I'm let down that we didn't hear about Silksong, but that was probably asking too much.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Looking in from outside (I don't watch these), any event with Subnautica coming to the Switch, has to be at least a solid show. That's such a great get.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Most of that was pretty awful stuff, mediocre at best.

Hades is ok, it's been in Early Access forever.

That one game with the geometry looked okish.

I guess I'm let down that we didn't hear about Silksong, but that was probably asking too much.

The way I see it is they are going even bigger than Hollow Knight. That's okay with me. Though their twitter has not even been updated since March which is odd. Maybe Hollow Knight is big enough for a general direct now?

jaysius

Banned
The way I see it is they are going even bigger than Hollow Knight. That's okay with me. Though their twitter has not even been updated since March which is odd. Maybe Hollow Knight is big enough for a general direct now?

Yea, it was only a fools hope really.

I'd say Silksong would even be it's own event, platform agnostic.

Last edited:

tkscz

As for the show itself, Raji looks worth getting, gives me Prince of Persia vibes. She Dreams Elsewhere looks alright, but I like any games that have an Earthbound feel to them. Everything else looked ok, not much I was interested in. Was honestly hoping for Fallguys.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
lRTxfHJ.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
Wtf do you mean you dont watch these? you nerd, how do we get her reply banned from the GAF Nintendo thread again?

I skip Indieworld, then check out the games that people are raving about later. Saves me from the Good-bye Volcano High pretentious drivel and endless derivative 2D platformers and 'spiritual successors', lol.

I really do love a great indie game, but it's become a big market, and as all things do when that happens, it's become harder to find actually good content that isn't following some kind of trend.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I'd play A Short Hike for like .... $5. The flying seemed kind of fun. I checked and it's $8, so not a bad price. Going to wait though.

Raji is $23. Looks like a $15 game to me. I'll have to read some reviews. It looks like it could either be a sleeper hit, or a 1st game from a new studio with lots of problems. The art is really neat, but the colors and lighting and very muted, hiding a lot of the art design.

Two player Goose makes sense honestly. Half the fun of that game is showing people the game and just laughing about it. Makes a lot of sense.

Hades looks like it should appeal to me, but I honestly haven't liked any games from that studio ever. Pretty skeptical.

StormCell

It has begun... the onslaught of negativity.

I didn't watch Indie World either, but Subnautica looks cool, Hades looked interesting, and there was Torchlight 3. I expected nothing of interest and came away with something I might buy at steep discount!

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member

It’s amazing to me there’s more people complaining about this sort of thing than people who actually whine about Nintendo Direct’s not having certain games. Stop trying to be Jim Sterling 😝

Punished Miku

Manifold Garden looks amazing, but I know I'll get lost and never finish it lol. Really not good at first person mazes.

Punished Miku

I recommend everyone try the demo for Hypnospace Outlaw. It's up now.

I apparently was sleeping during this part of the direct, because this is absolutely not like anything I've heard of. The whole "game" is set up like an early 90s web browser. You comb through dial up web pages and interact with your computer OS. I think you're some kind of mod reporting content?

Even if you hate it, it's so unique it's worth a look. Very weird game.

Hades looks like it should appeal to me, but I honestly haven't liked any games from that studio ever. Pretty skeptical.

I'm curious how come? Supergiant's are some of my favs, the art and music are always on point and though the gameplay varies from each one it's always pretty snappy.

Y'all are sleepin on Hades though, it's got a ton of content for 20 bucks!

Top Bottom