• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo might be the only one who could use Ray Tracing as a gameplay mechanic rather than a pretty reflections.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Underneath every Nintendo "gimmick" there is some new way of using something different than the status quo.

I can't really find any games that have used RTX, Ray Tracing other than reflective glass or water.

Even it's older brother, SSR, or Screenspace Reflections, has been only used as intended.

And Ray Tracing Audio is another under utilized mechanic that could have a game built around it.

do you know of any games that use reflective surfaces as a game mechanic?
Yes they will show the whole world how is done in 2050 when they launch the switch 6

Last edited:

Trunx81

TotK Remaster with new RT elements. If Nintendo can manage physics like no one else, they’ll find a way.

Trunx81

Ray Tracing? On Nintendo hardware? 😂
Keep dreaming. Maybe switch 2 will hit N64 level power.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Underneath every Nintendo "gimmick" there is some new way of using something different than the status quo.

I can't really find any games that have used RTX, Ray Tracing other than reflective glass or water.

Even it's older brother, SSR, or Screenspace Reflections, has been only used as intended.

And Ray Tracing Audio is another under utilized mechanic that could have a game built around it.

do you know of any games that use reflective surfaces as a game mechanic?
Yep, the game I'm doing hahaha

Belthazar

Ray tracing is just another way to do reflections, lighting and sound... and all of those have been used as gameplay mechanics numerous times already. By even Nintendo themselves.

Top Bottom