• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

RiggyRob

because

there is a new puzzle available in the street pass plaza. It's only 15 pieces (and no purple ones) though. I wonder if it's exclusive to people who own the game?

Nah, they wouldn't make puzzles exclusive - if anything, they'd give it to everyone so that more people see Nintendo Pocket Football Club and buy it because of the World Cup.

Lkr

what does the process entail to convert my 3DS to the Europe store? losing all of my game purchases?

Did they stop sending Spotpass teams?

I'm in my 19th season, still trying to get to 26 to match Sir Alex :p

EDIT: Oh that reminds me!

My score after 164 hours of playing

On season 14th I won every competition, so in the end
it is asked if you want to start with a new team or continue with the current one; if you start with a new club, the previous one will still be available, but of course you will start from the beginning and players are very weak

This has never happened to me!
Does anybody know if they removed the featured from this version, or is it just a very rare occurrence, like getting to manage the All Star team...?

there is a new puzzle available in the street pass plaza. It's only 15 pieces (and no purple ones) though. I wonder if it's exclusive to people who own the game?

I presume the puzzle was originally released in Japan long ago, before they switched over to the new style of puzzle?

Now the World Cup is done I think I'll call it a day on this.
Well..... at least until the Premiership starts in a month anyway!

'Final' managerial stats:
20 years
40 trophies
761 matches
526 wins / 106 draws / 129 losses

Honours:
16 League Titles
12 Federation Cups
8 European Challenge Cups
4 World Club Classics

Playtime:
222 hours 06 minutes

Didn't think I played for that long, not bad for a tenner

Zornica

Banned

20 years
40 trophies
761 matches

Honours:
16 League Titles
12 Federation Cups
4 World Club Classics

Playtime:
222 hours 06 minutes

Pst3A.gif

(I "only" managed to get ~70 hours of playtime out of it - till now at least)

20 years
40 trophies
761 matches

Honours:
16 League Titles
12 Federation Cups
4 World Club Classics

Playtime:
222 hours 06 minutes

NOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

kubus

Anyone still playing?
Just picked it up again. Currently #2 in the Second Pro League but I can't beat the number 1 anymore. I'm actually considering trying to lose the playoff so I can become #1 next season and get the trophy. Gotta collect em all.

RiggyRob

Anyone still playing?
Just picked it up again. Currently #2 in the Second Pro League but I can't beat the number 1 anymore. I'm actually considering trying to lose the playoff so I can become #1 next season and get the trophy. Gotta collect em all.

Eh, now the World Cup's over I'm not feeling it right now - I've got a big rebuild job to work on and I'm not looking forward to it. I think I'll get back into it when the Premier League starts again.

Spades

20 years
40 trophies
761 matches

Honours:
16 League Titles
12 Federation Cups
4 World Club Classics

Playtime:
222 hours 06 minutes

Very impressive. I think I stopped playing my game when I was in my 4th or 5th season. I'm planning on picking it up again and continuing when I'm on my summer vacation.

RiggyRob

Alright, I turned this on again to see where I was and found that I was at the start of my ninth season, thought I might as well get the ball rolling for the season to kick off next weekend.

I've had a shocking preseason, which involved one of my backup strikers getting injured so he'll miss the first game of the season, and a couple of 6-0 drubbings from the France Spotpass team leaving my manager backing at 44%. Nine of my starting XI are in decline, with three of them dangerously close to zero potential left, and I'm not entirely convinced that my backups are good enough (as proven by the losses to France). If we don't perform, my budget's utterly fucked with the reserve defenders on 6,000 and 10,000 coins, the third choice midfielder pairing on 5,000 and 6,000 coins and the back up striker on 4,500 coins respectively. My win/loss ratio stands at W147 D 49 L190, and all I can say is...

Bring on the new season!

RiggyRob

well shit... that sounds kinda depressing...
Have you seen the end yet? (like credits maybe?)

Nah, not yet. I assume you have to win the treble to see the credits, and the best I've done is win the league, reach the semifinal of the Federation Cup and get knocked out of the European Cup.

Ninja Dom

I haven't touched this game in a few months after initially pumping 120 hours into it. Has everyone still got their top players up for grabs on the players market?

kubus

I haven't touched this game in a few months after initially pumping 120 hours into it. Has everyone still got their top players up for grabs on the players market?
I started playing again some timo ago but haven't touched it in about a month now. I refreshed my Friend Market players but I'm not super far in the game yet so they're not S-ranks. :(

RiggyRob

I've got a couple of S-Ranks for my players, but their type e.g. Stopper, Marker etc is all over the place.

Current first XI:

Lefebvre (Dynamo) - Van Veen (Stopper) - Costa (Sprinter)
Marsters (Stopper) - Nicholas (Backup) - Olsen (Marker)
Eriksen (Marker) - Cazorla (Dynamo) - Straus (Backup)- Dubois (Dynamo)
Amato (Backup)

Yagharek

Is there some kind of hidden "form" tracked in this game, because my team is currently averaging 40% A, 40%B and 10% each C and S in all stats, and still keeps losing to mainly C/B rated sides.

It's gotten to the point where I am seriously considering deleting and starting over.

RiggyRob

Is there some kind of hidden "form" tracked in this game, because my team is currently averaging 40% A, 40%B and 10% each C and S in all stats, and still keeps losing to mainly C/B rated sides.

It's gotten to the point where I am seriously considering deleting and starting over.

You might need to change your tactics to deal with different teams - I hate playing against Bridgeford United because their 3-6-1 formation utterly destroys my 4-3-3, although I suppose that's not particularly useful for you since Bridgeford United usually have Bs/As/Ss in stats.

Instead of focusing on stats, since they seem to be pretty good, focus on skills instead - for example, Knuckle Shot/Midfield Strike can make a player score an extremely long range goal, despite it not being too often. Other things like First-Touch Pass and Hold-Up Play are good to change the dynamic of your players.

Also, make sure you're not tiring out your players so that their status is yellow/red instead of green, they play worse when they're fatigued.

I meant to ask this before - anyone who bought the DLC teams, what combos do each of them give you?

Yagharek

Cheers for the tips. My players were all green almost all the time, and I was rotating them for a two game rest if they got tired.

I don't have many cards at the moment, approval hovering around 35% and all this in the season after I won the title with 12 points clear!

Obviously this will require a rebuild and some canny card use, so we'll see how we go. Might just go 5-4-1 all season :(

elfinke

Been fun reading through this thread.

I've just, after months and months of talking myself out of doing so, bought a 3DS XL (the 'New' variety). So while I'm exceptionally LTTP, I'm still keen to jump in on this and see how it fares.

Spades

Recently started playing again; anyone else doing so also? I could do with signing some good players from you if you are!

Looking to resurface this as I bought it and never played it.

Do all the card recipes carry over to other teams or do you have to relearn them again?

I am not very good at this game and will probably end up failing it but hopefully with the info of the cards I might be able to bring a team up.

RiggyRob

Looking to resurface this as I bought it and never played it.

Do all the card recipes carry over to other teams or do you have to relearn them again?

I am not very good at this game and will probably end up failing it but hopefully with the info of the cards I might be able to bring a team up.

No, if you start a new game you have to relearn the card combos, but if you can remember the best ones then you don't need to waste your time with the non-optimal ones.

Alternatively, just use http://www.lemon-tea.co.uk/games/ni...ootball-club-combos-card-owned-selector-mkii/ - extremely handy tool that shows you all of the combos in the game, even the hidden ones.

Ebisumaru

Neo Member
I've been playing this game for a week now and I think is AMAZING, I just love its simplicity but at the same time it has really deep mechanics.

Do you guys think there is a possibility of NPFC having another sequel?

This thread. Every time I see it my heart jumps. Fuck man

I will never understand how this game it's not on North America. I know football/soccer is not a big deal there but when I was little I played Baseball (NES) a lot and in Spain (where I was born) and no one, and I mean absolutely no one not even knows how to play Baseball there! It was fun anyway...

RiggyRob

I've been playing this game for a week now and I think is AMAZING, I just love its simplicity but at the same time it has really deep mechanics.

Do you guys think there is a possibility of NPFC having another sequel?

I will never understand how this game it's not on North America. I know football/soccer is not a big deal there but when I was little I played Baseball (NES) a lot and in Spain (where I was born) and no one, and I mean absolutely no one not even knows how to play Baseball there! It was fun anyway...

I dunno, did it make Cairosoft any profit? I imagine probably since it got a retail presence.

Having a Nintendo Pocket Football Club game per handheld generation like Animal Crossing would be ab-fab.

Just saw this thread and bought it with the 50% off mynintendo discount...
edit: one question, is there no way to increase the match speed? It seems pretty long for a 45 min match

Ebisumaru

Neo Member
Just saw this thread and bought it with the 50% off mynintendo discount...
edit: one question, is there no way to increase the match speed? It seems pretty long for a 45 min match

Is not possible to increase the speed during the match. However when you start to deal with the data, the players you have to substitute, the change on tactics and stuff, 5 minutes (45 min match) or 10 minutes (regular match) is not a lot of time. It actually pass very quickly for me.

Ebisumaru

Neo Member
I dunno, did it make Cairosoft any profit? I imagine probably since it got a retail presence.

Having a Nintendo Pocket Football Club game per handheld generation like Animal Crossing would be ab-fab.

Not sure if they actually made a profit: according to Iwaka Asks, the developers spent 6 years making this game. That's a lot of time for an eshop game.

Having said that, I would be more than happy with a NPFC per gen.

Is not possible to increase the speed during the match. However when you start to deal with the data, the players you have to substitute, the change on tactics and stuff, 5 minutes (45 min match) or 10 minutes (regular match) is not a lot of time. It actually pass very quickly for me.

I hope so, at the moment I just stare at the screen and it's not particulary entertaining

RiggyRob

Not sure if they actually made a profit: according to Iwaka Asks, the developers spent 6 years making this game. That's a lot of time for an eshop game.

Having said that, I would be more than happy with a NPFC per gen.

I took that to mean they'd been thinking about it for 6 years but not actually working on it for that time - like Zelda, basically.

I hope so, at the moment I just stare at the screen and it's not particulary entertaining

Entertaining? This is a job.

Play matches while watching TV or something, it's pretty much the best way to pass the time in the shit leagues, you'll want to pay attention when you're playing matches of real importance.

I took that to mean they'd been thinking about it for 6 years but not actually working on it for that time - like Zelda, basically.

Entertaining? This is a job.

Play matches while watching TV or something, it's pretty much the best way to pass the time in the shit leagues, you'll want to pay attention when you're playing matches of real importance.

is there any tip on how to play the game? For example, what information does give me the screen with the coloured squares?

RiggyRob

Not sure what you're referring to when you say coloured squares - is that fatigue, where it goes green -> amber -> red?

Not sure what you're referring to when you say coloured squares - is that fatigue, where it goes green -> amber -> red?

I think it's the second option on the bottom screen during matches.
Also, stupid question, when players learn a new move, does it actually change the animation during the match or it's always the same? When they use it I mean

RiggyRob

I think it's the second option on the bottom screen during matches.
Also, stupid question, when players learn a new move, does it actually change the animation during the match or it's always the same? When they use it I mean

The second option is the subs bench - you probably mean the third, where the bottom screen has yellow squares on it.

You can choose a player to follow or the ball - the position of the yellow squares tell you where that player/the ball has gone, so if you see a line of yellow squares heading towards your goal, you know the ball is travelling in that direction.

The colour of the squares tell you how long the player/the ball has been in that position on average, and the darker the square, the longer they've been in that position. For example, if you follow your striker, you might see a line of yellow squares leading to your goal which indicates that they've dropped deep/tracked back, but the squares in the opponents half should be a much darker yellow or red to indicate they're playing in their correct given position.

As for the animation, I think they differ slightly - often your players will use a new move without the zoom in/close up of the camera, so that's when it's slightly different.

Top Bottom