• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

I played the Italy DLC team last night & one of the Italy players took one of my top forwards down & he was carried off the pitch on a little stretcher :(

I wasn't going to stand for this, so i pressed the off button !

I then went to play the game again with the exact same formation & the very same thing happened again to the very same player as the very same second of the game, the score was the same to, it was exactly the same game, so i pressed the off button again,

I then played the game again, but i swapped out the forward for another (not as good) forward i had & the game was completely different, Italy didn't score two goals in the first half either.
Yup, every game is the same when all variables are the same.

Ninja Dom

what's the best way to win against spain? which formation? agressiv? passiv? balanced?
for some reason, no matter what I do, I lose 2:1 because they score twice in the last 10 minutes every time :/

My current team can beat Spain almost no problem. It is a team that has just won the Federation Cup and Pro League 1. I run a 4-4-2 formation, and play a Balanced Style. As it stands at this moment in time, Spain are no problem. But come the next season then they probably won't beat Spain as a few of my top, top players have Zero Potential and so their Stats will start decreasing.

Speaking of Stats, in my ultimate starting line up (11 players, 7 Stats each = 77 Stats) I only have 3 C's. Every other Stat is S, A or B. But this is decreasing as I said earlier.

Oxx

I definitely don't play the game every day, but if I do start it up it generally stays on in the background while I work or do other things.

LoveCake

Yup, every game is the same when all variables are the same.

Hmmm seems that way.

I have read other people say the same thing.

This afternoon i played a game against a streetpass team i picked up & one of my midfielders got a broken leg & is out for eight weeks :(

This is my 4th most played game now behind Animal Crossing (400+ Hrs) Monster Hunter (300+) and Streetpass (200+) I topped 100 hours on it a few days ago. I'll definitely keep going for a while yet too.

I just made it to the European Cup final earlier, the treble might be on for this season!

Oxx

I finished my first season in PL2 comfortably in mid-table.

After such a poor start, I'm happy with that. 7 wins out of the final 13 games saved my bacon.

Ninja Dom

Hmmm seems that way.

I have read other people say the same thing.

This afternoon i played a game against a streetpass team i picked up & one of my midfielders got a broken leg & is out for eight weeks :(

Fuck that shit!!

Shows that you've always got to be working on your B Team.

Well, PL2 wasn't as difficult as I read here. I just won the championship five matches before the season ends! My B team will get some playtime for the remaining matches.

History so far

1 - Beginner - 2nd place on goals (Cup QF)
2 - Beginner - 1st place (Cup 1st round)
3 - Advanced - 3rd place (Cup 1st round)
4 - Advanced - 1st place (Cup 1st round)
5 - Pro League 2 - 1st place (Cup still going)

Season 9 is over!

Pro League 1: Champions
Federation Cup: Winners
European Challenge Cup: Winners
World Club Classic: Semi-Finals

So close to a grand sweep. In the WCC semi's I lost the first leg 2-0 and managed to win the second 3-2 but went out on aggregate. More than happy with that though as my first year in the competition. There are some amazing players in there!
This year was tough as I had to cut six old-timers, I always feel bad when that happens. My captain Paulo finished with 200 appearances though and Schafer hit 100 goals in his career. Club legends.
I had seven call-ups to the All Star team but didn't get to manage it this time.
My budget went up by 12,500 in prize money, just in time for a new keeper.

Ninja Dom

If anybody's interested I've just signed a new player. Knight. MF, 4 S Ranks and 3 A Ranks. I've put him on the Friend Market. He should also have almost full Potential.

Be warned though, his salary is 18,000 coins!! But yeah, if you can afford him then grab him - literally.

Zornica

Banned
If anybody's interested I've just signed a new player. Knight. MF, 4 S Ranks and 3 A Ranks. I've put him on the Friend Market. He should also have almost full Potential.

Be warned though, his salary is 18,000 coins!! But yeah, if you can afford him then grab him - literally.

for some reason I keep (unintentionally) producing defenders and you seem to produce many many midfielders... if somebody would create great strikers I'd be set.

Ninja Dom

for some reason I keep (unintentionally) producing defenders and you seem to produce many many midfielders... if somebody would create great strikers I'd be set.

Knight was just on the Transfer Market. In order to be able for me to afford him I had to dismiss a Midfielder I was training up. Check out my Forwards, they're A & S rank too.

What good Defenders have you got? I'm also in the market for world class Goalkeeper too.

Nice, just played a Ranking Match against Lemon-Tea. I'm guessing he's the guy that does the Lemon Tea website with all the Training Card combos. He's named all of his players after drinks. Anyway, I beat him 2-1 although the pre-match forecast had a higher chance of him beating me than me beating him. He's ranked 5th in the UK.

Zornica

Banned
Knight was just on the Transfer Market. In order to be able for me to afford him I had to dismiss a Midfielder I was training up. Check out my Forwards, they're A & S rank too.

What good Defenders have you got? I'm also in the market for world class Goalkeeper too.

Nice, just played a Ranking Match against Lemon-Tea. I'm guessing he's the guy that does the Lemon Tea website with all the Training Card combos. He's named all of his players after drinks. Anyway, I beat him 2-1 although the pre-match forecast had a higher chance of him beating me than me beating him. He's ranked 5th in the UK.

they are not that great (yet), but I won't have much time to play during may, so I won't be able to improve them very much. Benedetti is a nice pick however. I believe he's on the friend marked. Fairly cheap, already 3 A's and still full potential.

wtf is going on with this guy?
http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/deAT/team.php?team_code=BA5B75047

Ninja Dom

they are not that great (yet), but I won't have much time to play during may, so I won't be able to improve them very much. Benedetti is a nice pick however. I believe he's on the friend marked. Fairly cheap, already 3 A's and still full potential.

wtf is going on with this guy?
http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/deAT/team.php?team_code=BA5B75047

I picked up Benedetti a couple of days ago. He came with a couple of C Rankings that I'm trying to improve. And he's got full potential.

I can't be sure but I think that Zeroshiki team could be cheating (I don't know how though). Luckily the online part of the game is totally separate from the single player so if a lot more teams like him appear it doesn't affect my single player progress at all. You can stick the Zeroshiki recent results Game ID in and watch how his team plays.

Also he's got a very small squad. Is it because his players cost so much money that he can only afford that many?

I have the feeling Italy is easier than Spain, but my team has progressed two/three seasons. If this continues The Netherlands will be a real cakewalk :lol

RiggyRob

Does anyone know if getting a player picked for the All Star Team makes their potential recover?

I'm asking because I swore I had a defender with -5 potential, but after he got picked for the All Star Team it went back up to -2, or that's what it seems like to me.

Ninja Dom

Does anyone know if getting a player picked for the All Star Team makes their potential recover?

I'm asking because I swore I had a defender with -5 potential, but after he got picked for the All Star Team it went back up to -2, or that's what it seems like to me.

I don't think so. I've had 9 of my players picked for the All Star Team in one season. If anything, their Potential stays the same for longer without dropping. But I haven't noticed anything related to All Star Team and Potential.

Also, I've been asked to manage the All Star Team for a one match Friendly which I won. That was when I had two players called up for it. But since then, although I've had seasons where far more players are called up, I haven't been asked to manage the All Star Team.

Anyway, always check the Scout list every week in between seasons. There's always one Superstar player for sale with plenty of S Ranks. But very expensive. I've just seen a Goalkeeper being offered for 10,000 coins. He's got 3 S Ranks. He'd be perfect for my team but I can't afford him.

The potential has increased for All Star players I've had. It's gone up by one bar each time though I think one player went up more than that once.....

I've put Burkhard (striker) on the Friend Market, finally got him to where I wanted him. He has S in every category except stamina and jumping, both of which are fairly easy to get up using Wild Man and Aerial Threat. His potential is one bar off max too so there's time to max out all his stats. Wages are 11,000 though -_-

Pand

Updated list, added everyone:

Code:
GAF username	Friend Code	Team ID
Ninja Dom	0688-5246-0825	E788A32C4
windfish	0860-3232-3957	9697B2813
Zornica		3995-6514-2832	F4B5D2EB1
daydreaming	5043-1159-2527	52D3FFD5F
Asso52		1049-0141-2804	A3C4E4960
MrKaepora	5455-9407-9927	2B4C6ABA8
kubus		0301-9768-0516 	896A8AE56
STG		3282-2612-1503
cw_sasuke	4313-0412-2734
Spades		0576-4101-9322	
Hasney		2466-2059-6830	
Stulaw		4768-7519-9584	
MicH		2836-0194-8979
Shibishirasu    4682-8467-2345 
Mdk7            0860 3223 3879
Ninja Dom       0688-5246-0825
Notorious_Roy   0044-2787-7456
Jo Shishido     3609-2131-7801
Windfish        0860-3232-3957
Pand            1263-6292-5082
Scum            4253-3479-0555
DrWong				45A6C4B42
Oxx				FE1F3FAEB
sugarless			A3C4E2AD0

Ninja Dom

The Welcome Cup is on from now until June 1st.

When you go onto Ranking Match you see a big cup super imposed on the screen to the left. Click that. You can only play 3 matches a day against the other teams in your group.

RiggyRob

The Welcome Cup is on from now until June 1st.

When you go onto Ranking Match you see a big cup super imposed on the screen to the left. Click that. You can only play 3 matches a day against the other teams in your group.

Any bonuses e.g 3x of a certain combo?

Oxx

I'm feeling good about my second season in Pro League 2.

A dominating 4-0 win with 69% possession in my first match is going to raise expectations too high.

Oxx

Grr. I had such a great year in Pro League 2 (17w 6d 5l +37gd) but finished 2 points behind the winners

Playoff time.

Edit: we won!

Well, PL2 wasn't as difficult as I read here. I just won the championship five matches before the season ends! My B team will get some playtime for the remaining matches.

History so far

1 - Beginner - 2nd place on goals (Cup QF)
2 - Beginner - 1st place (Cup 1st round)
3 - Advanced - 3rd place (Cup 1st round)
4 - Advanced - 1st place (Cup 1st round)
5 - Pro League 2 - 1st place (Cup still going)

I barely survived my first season in Pro League 1, had to play the play-offs. In my second year in PL1 things are worse. I'm last, with a gap of four points :(

Oxx

Congrats. I'm only 5 seasons in.

Just made it to League 1 and I am probably due a major rebuild. Most of the players who got me here down to their last few bars of potential.

At least I can release them and have a huge budget to play with.

Ninja Dom

Got the credits to roll earlier, won all competitions after 10 seasons!
I'm so proud :')

I don't get it. I'm also in Season 10. I can win Pro League 1 and go unbeaten. Only drawing 2 or 3 games. I can win the Federation Cup using mainly my B Team.

But I get hammered in the Euro Championship. 2 years running now and I can't get out of the group stages.

Congrats. I'm only 5 seasons in.

Just made it to League 1 and I am probably due a major rebuild. Most of the players who got me here down to their last few bars of potential.

At least I can release them and have a huge budget to play with.

I started doing this in about season 3, grabbing cheap, low potential guys and training thems loads. After about two seasons they were all mostly a mix of B and A ranks and it's these guys who have now taken me to the end of the game. We had to win it this year though as all their potential is verging on nothing now too.

I don't get it. I'm also in Season 10. I can win Pro League 1 and go unbeaten. Only drawing 2 or 3 games. I can win the Federation Cup using mainly my B Team.

But I get hammered in the Euro Championship. 2 years running now and I can't get out of the group stages.

Pure luck is my guess. I had the lower percentage chance of a win in every single game haha. I was in the competition for the past two years and went through the group unbeaten both times. I got to the semi-final the first year and won the final 3-0 this year which was pretty comfortable.
Defence has been key for me, I only play three at the back but they're all all stars and have saved me way too many times.

Oxx

The rebuild looks to be going well. Preseason is encouraging. I have beaten Italy the ladt two times out

+Aliken+

I sometimes find myself with big holes in defence.
This is because sometimes my defenders just go in attack for no good reason and then cannot get back quickly enough and the midfield players don't cover.

Has anyone else encountered this and what would be the tactical solution?

RiggyRob

I sometimes find myself with big holes in defence.
This is because sometimes my defenders just go in attack for no good reason and then cannot get back quickly enough and the midfield players don't cover.

Has anyone else encountered this and what would be the tactical solution?

Covering and Holding Ground combos should help, otherwise just don't attack as much/ play a deeper line so your defenders don't get caught out when they go up.

Spades

Unbeaten in Division 2 at the moment but I'm almost certainly going to need a rebuild for next season.

Anyone have any good players available?

+Aliken+

Covering and Holding Ground combos should help, otherwise just don't attack as much/ play a deeper line so your defenders don't get caught out when they go up.

ah, now that brings other questions in... I wasn't paying attention to the actual combos I was more focused on the stats increasing.
So I guess should be considering the combos then?

Top Bottom