• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA releasing Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PSVita) in Fall

DaBoss

Great it is announced.

Though I'm probably not going to get it after seeing the gameplay for it.

EDIT: Definitely going to see the reactions.

Yasumi

Banned
I just realized another great part of this being confirmed is being able to read reactions by others while I play the game with them.

Can't wait for reactions. If it's localized completely uncensored, hooooly shit, it's going to be good.

I wish I could think of a gif to properly convey the feeling of "NO SHIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT'S A HORRIBLE IDEA" that anyone who's played DR2 has towards the people in this thread saying "oh well this takes place before DR2 so I guess I'll hold off on it until AE comes out."

I mean I know almost nothing about the story of AE but having played DR2 I find it highly unlikely that they won't be getting into massive DR2 spoiler territory.

Nachos

Just going to note...
This could be considered a spoiler
:p
I guess it depends on your definition of spoilers, since (DR1 spoilers)
Byakuya featured pretty heavily in the Japanese pre-launch trailers.
Plus, knowledge of that character's presence is pretty minor compared to the revelations that happen later in AE.

EDIT: Changed my word choice. Not saying anything about anyone's actual role in the story.

FluxWaveZ

Plus, it's pretty minor compared to what happens later in AE.

It's a spoiler for people who haven't finished DR1.

Nachos

It's a spoiler for people who haven't finished DR1.
You're right. Guess I just figured most people would know to avoid spoilers, so I was only thinking in terms of AE. But I'm sure a lot of people might only hear about the series through this announcement.

Yasumi

Banned
Plus, his presence is pretty minor compared to what happens later in AE.
Since the game came out post-DR1 anime, they were much more loose with DR1 spoilers in their promotional material, and they probably assumed anyone interested had at least seen to the end of that.

This just made my night!!! The next step is all up to you, NISA!

oJxtsv8.jpg

boingball

Awesome news, though Summer would be better (on the other hand, there are no games yet in the fall which interest me (Uncharted is a candidate, but I believe that slips into 2016).

Labrys

I have a lot of hopes for the new VA in this one. Really hoping for a certain voice actress for a certain character...

Musolf815

I wish I could think of a gif to properly convey the feeling of "NO SHIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT'S A HORRIBLE IDEA" that anyone who's played DR2 has towards the people in this thread saying "oh well this takes place before DR2 so I guess I'll hold off on it until AE comes out."

I mean I know almost nothing about the story of AE but having played DR2 I find it highly unlikely that they won't be getting into massive DR2 spoiler territory.

X4zZO.gif

Seriously, anyone considering this: play these in the order they were released!

I've been waiting for this. I bought Danganronpa because I had a Vita and nothing to do and the first and second game were both my favourite games of last year. I know this isn't as good because gameplay but I need more disbear.
When's Danganronpa 3

I'm currently playing through the second game. This looks really different than the Trigger Happy Havoc and Goodbye Despair. I will approach this with mild enthusiasm.

(This is not meant to be a dickish question, but) I'm curious, when people say "I hope this isn't censored," does that refer to messed up subject matter or pervy stuff? I've only played DR1 so far but I appreciated that it largely stayed away from the latter (and also came out wishing there were more of the former).

(This is not meant to be a dickish question, but) I'm curious, when people say "I hope this isn't censored," does that refer to messed up subject matter or pervy stuff? I've only played DR1 so far but I appreciated that it largely stayed away from the latter (and also came out wishing there were more of the former).

Rather sensative subject matter is all I shall say for sake of avoiding potential spoilers. But said subject matter did, in fact, have many worried it would either not be localized or heavily censored if it was. So I am really hoping it is uncesored

ss-hikaru

I wasn't that interested in playing this game so spoiled myself on some plot points. But then in an interview the director or someone said something along the lines of 'story wise it really is a danganronpa game'. I don't recall reading anything THAT twisty so maybe I'll still get surprised when I play it :)

From memory the voice actresses for Gon and Killua voice two of the kids, should be good. Also more
Nagito
is always a good thing, although not really digging their sense of fashion in this one LOL.

AwShucks

Rather sensative subject matter is all I shall say for sake of avoiding potential spoilers. But said subject matter did, in fact, have many worried it would either not be localized or heavily censored if it was. So I am really hoping it is uncesored

Just read the Kotaku article about it from December and it seems like it would be really hard to censor it without making it a completely different game/story.

Tohsaka

NISA mentioned the Criminal Girls/Mugen Souls censorship when they announced the games, and haven't said anything about this so I don't think they're going to censor it. There's no rubbing minigame or anything, and nothing else that I've read about it made it seem like it'd have to be censored.

Labrys

NISA mentioned the Criminal Girls/Mugen Souls censorship when they announced the games, and haven't said anything about this so I don't think they're going to censor it. There's no rubbing minigame or anything, and nothing else that I've read about it made it seem like it'd have to be censored.

there is a rubbing minigame

JediLink

This looks ridiculous. I want it.

In other words, don't look up Danganronpa hentai until you've beaten the game.
This may sound like a joke but it's true advice. I must shamefully admit that I had
Chihiro's true sex
spoiled for me in this way.

Feep fangirling
I dunno guys, he does a good job but I kinda liked Akira Ishida better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tohsaka

there is a rubbing minigame

Ah, I haven't seen it since I just glanced over that Kotaku article someone already mentioned. I still don't think they'll censor the game (unless they say something soon), they've been pretty upfront with it in the past.

Top Bottom