• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA releasing Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PSVita) in Fall

Labrys

Ah, I haven't seen it since I just glanced over that Kotaku article someone already mentioned. I still don't think they'll censor the game (unless they say something soon), they've been pretty upfront with it in the past.

It's about midway in the game (around 3rd boss I think?) and it's a mix of rubbing/tickling and it's really weird

Ah, I haven't seen it since I just glanced over that Kotaku article someone already mentioned. I still don't think they'll censor the game (unless they say something soon), they've been pretty upfront with it in the past.

True. And the subject matter does fit in with the story so it would actually be nigh on impossible to censor. Reword, possibly. But censor, no.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
In other words, don't look up Danganronpa hentai until you've beaten the game.

My spoiler story is kinda weird.

5-6 months before DanganRonpa 2, I got spoiled in GAF that (DANGANRONPA 2 SPOILERS)
Junko was rebuilt in DanganRonpa 2 into some cyborg thingie
but
it never came true.

Lusankya

so this should be played 3rd or?

Of course, I mean it was released after the first two games.
Or do you think they told the fans "Please don't buy DR2 yet, we will release a 'prequel' in two years." when they released the second game? :p

5(236).png

I can't wait! I can't wait!

DR:AE finally confirmed for the West and Uchikoshi teasing that he's working on "you know what" have my hype levels going through the roof. <3

AniHawk

Rather sensative subject matter is all I shall say for sake of avoiding potential spoilers. But said subject matter did, in fact, have many worried it would either not be localized or heavily censored if it was. So I am really hoping it is uncesored

if it is content needed to be changed, nisa would have likely made a statement when they announced the game, as they did with mugen souls, mugen souls z, and criminal girls. they're pretty consistent about being upfront.

Aww yiss, god bless NISA. Better than NASA.

I am going to revel in being able to shoot Monokuma, as opposed to submitting to his orders all the time. The little shit.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I find this very interesting and a little worrisome
At NIS America’s reveal event this evening, Danganronpa series producer Yoshinori Terasawa was on hand for the announcement. According to the producer, Another Episode was created because they couldn’t figure out what to do with Danganronpa 3, even though it was something they wanted to create. So the team challenged themselves to create a spin-off action game
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/danganronpa-another-episode-coming-west-fall

I wonder if we'll have DR3 and if so if it will be good.

Yasumi

Banned
It's about midway in the game (around 3rd boss I think?) and it's a mix of rubbing/tickling and it's really weird
Well, not quite. It's more
an anti-tickling/rubbing game. You're trying to knock away the hands that are tickling Komaru.

DukeBobby

Great news.

I started playing through 2 yesterday, and I can already tell I'm going to like it as much as the first one, if not more so.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think that's worrisome at all. That comment is practically in line with Atlus' P Studio statements regarding why they went from Persona 4 to Catherine, before focusing on Persona 5, though that situation wasn't said to be caused by a road block concerning where to go with a Persona sequel. I suppose it's different in Danganronpa's case, because they can't diverge too much from the series formula in a main game so as to not alienate the audience, but sticking to the same thing for a third time&#8212;with how Danganronpa's structure works&#8212;could prove to be uninspired or even tedious, so a breather to give them fresh ideas is understandable.

Bricky

2HSJ6gv.png

Excellent news, to be expected perhaps thanks to Danganronpa's success so far.

This and Steins;Gate make me a happy Vita-owner in 2015.

Thoraxes

Refresh my memory; does Another Episode translate as Gaiden?

No.

The subtitle is in English on the JP version.

kko1hPr.png

Gaiden is more side-story or supplementary story. In the context of this game it could technically work (as far as their gameplay ambitions go, but it's important to the overarching series story), but it's definitely not the case of this game given the already English subtitle.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't think that's worrisome at all. That comment is practically in line with Atlus' P Studio statements regarding why they went from Persona 4 to Catherine, before focusing on Persona 5, though that situation wasn't said to be caused by a road block concerning where to go with a Persona sequel. I suppose it's different in Danganronpa's case, because they can't diverge too much from the series formula in a main game so as to not alienate the audience, but sticking to the same thing for a third time—with how Danganronpa's structure works—could prove to be uninspired or even tedious, so a breather to give them fresh ideas is understandable.

Since Danganronpa is mostly story driven i guess that when they say that they don't know where to go with DR3 they mean story-wise, i'm worried that the story could be not as good.

FluxWaveZ

Since Danganronpa is mostly story driven i guess that when they say that they don't know where to go with DR3 they mean story-wise, i'm worried that the story could be not as good.

Yeah, that's what I mean by the "uninspired" part. I guess I understand where you're coming from, since it can be seen as worrying that they might not have had a clear idea following DR2, so they had to do DR:AE in the interim. It'd be a shame if the narrative in a DR3 felt stapled on and unnatural.

I've liked the DR stories until now, though, including Danganronpa Zero, so I'll keep faith they won't fail at creating a compelling story for DR3.

Tizoc

IMHO, DR3 could
involve the villain be inspired by Junko and use Monokuma primarily as her avatar of Despair. That's ONE way to bring that crazy bear back :p

Back in December, one of the team members also said this:

Kazutaka Kodaka (Spike Chunsoft)
Known for: Danganronpa series

&#8220;When you end up working on a bunch of mystery games in succession, after a while, doing the writing becomes a pain and, honestly, I stop wanting to work on them! But after I wrote the storyline for Danganronpa: Another Episode, which skewed away from that genre, now I&#8217;m keen on working on mystery stuff again as much as ever! That&#8217;s basically the feeling I have going into my work next year.&#8221;

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/japanese...kingdom-hearts-iii-pokken#rkf2feYTivV9jijm.99

I understand the concern, but I think branching out and doing things differently for Ultra Despair Girls gave them a breath of fresh air that opened things up again for them and gave them more ideas for future VNs.

For now, I've liked everything Danagan related (haven't read the Kisaragi light novels, but liked everything else), so I'm willing to have a little faith I guess.

I do love the box art. I don't think they usually change it, but glad they kept it the same.

I'm happy that this is coming over but I'm gonna be honest, the game looks really meh and I'm only interested because I want to see what it adds to the story.

Yasumi

Banned
I'm happy that this is coming over but I'm gonna be honest, the game looks really meh and I'm only interested because I want to see what it adds to the story.
The Monoc-man puzzle stuff is the meat of the gameplay, and it's pretty damn good.

When you activate the machine, it gives you an aerial view of the next room, and what bullets you're allowed to use to solve it (other than Activate, you can only use each once).

For example, there's a room with lots of walls, puddles of water everywhere, and terminals that attract Monokumas when activated. You're only allowed to use Activate and Electricity. You need to activate the terminals in a specific order so that every Monokumas is standing in a pool of water, and your single Electricity Bullet will chain-kill every single Monokuma.

You can also brute force the whole thing, but that's just not as much fun, and you'll miss out on the cute 16-bit congratulations when you succeed.

Cha

Yess!!
PHYSICAL RELEASE too?! Yes please!
When is fall? September-ish, right?

EDIT: I just saw the "C" word being thrown around in this thread. Really hope nothing is cens****d. I want all that glorious messed-up-ness.

Yess!!
PHYSICAL RELEASE too?! Yes please!
When is fall? September-ish, right?

September through November tends to be the Fall release window, but I see NISA releasing this between Mid September through Mid October to coincide with last year's DR2 release window

Top Bottom