• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nissin is releasing a 'gaming cup noodle' laced with caffiene #gamerfuel

Go_Ly_Dow

XCYUV3g.jpg

ZQVnKGs.jpg

doritos-pope-geoff-keighley-1.large.jpg

You finally did it Geoff, we lived to see real #gamerfuel and transcended the shackles of Doritos and Mountain Dew.

Last edited:
My local grocery store has a deli department and they make these Giant Gamer Subs, which are like 16" and really wide too. It baffles me why they call it a gamer sub on the label, not sure to be honored or insulted. Has turkey ham and salami, cheese and lettuce. It's kinda pricey but really everything else is too. Needless to say I bought 7 of them.

DaGwaphics

My local grocery store has a deli department and they make these Giant Gamer Subs, which are like 16" and really wide too. It baffles me why they call it a gamer sub on the label, not sure to be honored or insulted. Has turkey ham and salami, cheese and lettuce. It's kinda pricey but really everything else is too. Needless to say I bought 7 of them.

Hungry Food GIF

A "Gamer" in the eyes of your local grocery store. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DAHGAMING

I think the stero type is us gamers love to take a 16" smashing up the wazoo while we play our gamebox of choice.

Sojiro

Lol any advertisement with the word "gaming" in it, ugh so God damn off putting. You know we are fucked when we are injecting caffeine in our food now too. I wonder if it hits harder if you snort your noodles?

JimboJones

Curious how much caffeine they contain per serving couldn't see anything listed on the website, just that it had caffeine.

Go_Ly_Dow

Disclaimer: I do not endorse the consumption of gaming cup noodles.

Please consume a balanced diet, fresh home made food, that's nutrient rich, has protein and healthy fats.

supernova8

Banned
Not surprising, Japan resident here, Nissin is well known for its absolutely bonkers commercials.

Seen this one on TV quite a lot lol.

(actually it's the 15 second sped up version because Japan is fuckin insane lol)

The last "uuuzzaaaaa" part is funny though because the dude on the left is basically bigging up the noodle product saying it goes well with cola and then the girl is like "who are you anyway" and he goes "Nissin employee!" and she's like "gtfooooooooooooo" (my very loose translation)

Last edited:

Barakov

XCYUV3g.jpg

ZQVnKGs.jpg

doritos-pope-geoff-keighley-1.large.jpg

You finally did it Geoff, we lived to see real #gamerfuel and transcended the shackles of Doritos and Mountain Dew.
I'd rather sleep through my constipation to be honest.
Sleep Sleeping GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
It's short grain rice in curry, probably quite nice!
I’m only joking. I’m sure it’s nice with all that salt 😂. I have eaten my fair share of this shite over the years but please do not try and pretend that this is good for you. This is a race to the bottom in terms of nutrition.

Go_Ly_Dow

I’d love to know the average lifespan for fools who eat stuff like this more often than not.
When I lived in Japan Nissin cup noodles was one of the cheapest meals you could get. I think it was about 100yen for a regular cup $1 and 180yen for a BIG cup. Those that didn't know how to cook, or didn't have much money or needed a quick meal because of long working hours would buy them.

I'm with you though, it's pure junk and has no nutrition at all. I'd maybe have one once a month when I was there and now just a few a year.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Brutal.

Imagine the shits you'd get from that sodium/caffeine rush.

The best thing you can do is try to sleep at a decent hour, get up and move throughout the day, stretch, stay hydrated with WATER, and above all...NICOTINE. Give me all the nicotine pouches 😁

FeralEcho

Brutal.

Imagine the shits you'd get from that sodium/caffeine rush.

The best thing you can do is try to sleep at a decent hour, get up and move throughout the day, stretch, stay hydrated with WATER, and above all...NICOTINE. Give me all the nicotine pouches 😁
Its for Japan so how else can the japanese contribute to their corporate overlords with the 8 hours schedule with 14 hours overtime per day. The answer is to never sleep till they drop dead,its not like they have a birthrate problem....oh wait.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
From what I’ve seen gamers don’t really eat chips and drink soda that’s just a look the internet gives gamers.

Top Bottom