• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest for the Wicked | The Game Awards 2023 Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
image.png

Single player AND 4 players coop!

Key Features:
  • Brutal, Precision-Based Combat: Hone combat skills with a system that challenges you to be deliberate and strategic. Battle against gruesome creatures, enemy soldiers, and punishing bosses in tense, visceral combat. Feel the weight and speed of each weapon through their own move sets. Enchant armaments with runes, craft rare armor, and create bespoke character builds that fit your playstyle.
  • An Epic, Human Saga: Discover a mature, dark narrative on the harsh shores of Isola Sacra. Cunning rulers and ferocious rebels vie for the throne – all while an ancient plague sweeps across the land, turning its inhabitants into monstrous versions of themselves.
  • A Hand-Crafted World: Explore a painting come to life – take in the striking painterly world, meticulously built with an incredible attention to detail in a unique, ageless art style. Beauty radiates in every frame, from the dappled sunlight of the Lowland Meadows to the viscera-smeared, twisted shadows of the Nameless Pass. Each new location is home to its own people, problems, hidden treasures, and secrets to unearth.
  • A Moment’s Respite: Take respite in the town of Sacrament – purchase property and decorate it to make it your own. Fish on the shores, till and harvest the land for ingredients to create meals that replenish health and boost stats. Acquaint yourself with the diverse array of vendors and townsfolk and restore Sacrament to its former glory.
  • Online Multiplayer: Share your world and progress with up to three friends by your side in the campaign’s online co-op mode. Every quest, boss, and square foot of Isola Sacra is theirs to share with you…or they can simply venture off and do as they please.

ss_faf1d0f0dada08330faabf46dfeb48ebd2a1821c.jpg
ss_280eb7b4c8793f49bb702498fc0cde893f029694.jpg
ss_39be9821e7bf337341f4049f0918188e8d42781c.jpg
ss_8a09af4ea4a31d834ae843aa76ffd95d01d12957.jpg

Last edited:

Terenty

Can you play the whole campaign from start in coop with everybody leveling up and progressing or is more like drop in?

If it's a classic coop campaign from start to finish than it's quite exciting indeed.

Bartski

Gold Member
Launching on Steam Early Access early next year, No Rest for the Wicked will carry over Moon Studio's painterly art style into an isometric "mature" world set on an island just after the death of its king and freshly corrupted by a transformative plague. You'll fight beasts and invading armies with the gear you gather using a combat system "where skill and timing is required over simple 'button-mashing.'"
"Fights in the game are animation-driven, direct, and tactile, allowing skilled players to combine visceral strikes and deadly moves," Moon Studios says. Weapons will have unique movesets and there will be enemie and bosses that require careful play.
Rest for the Wicked's island, known as Isola Sacra, will have "verticality that is unmatched in other ARPGs," as well as underground crypts, forests, and mountains. Each area will have characters and secrets to find as you progress through its campaign. In co-op, you'll have every "quest, boss, and square foot of Isola Sacra" open to you, and the press release makes it seem like you can split up within the same shared world at any time.
Player housing will play a role too. In the town of Sacrament, you can buy property to build your home on. You can also fish and farm for meals to replenish your health and increase your stats before you go dungeon diving.
"We have been dreaming of being able to contribute to the ARPG genre that we all grew up with and love. After the success of Ori, it was clear to us that Moon was now mature enough to finally realize those dreams,” said Thomas Mahler, co-founder and creative director at Moon Studios. “We can't wait to see how players will react to this entirely new take on the genre!"

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Looks nice, but the name is awkward.

Have you seen the other new game titles presented at TGA?

Usual June
Fantazio: Royal Tournament
The First Berserker: Khazan
Rise of The Ronin
Exodus: Become The Traveler
Zenless Zone Zero
Arknights: Endfield
Lost Records: Bloom & Rage
... etc ...

Exentryk

Art-style is not doing it for me. But since Ori games are GOTY material, I'll certainly be giving this a go.

A demo would really help.

Have you seen the other new game titles presented at TGA?

Usual June
Fantazio: Royal Tournament
The First Berserker: Khazan
Rise of The Ronin
Exodus: Become The Traveler
Zenless Zone Zero
Arknights: Endfield
Lost Records: Bloom & Rage
... etc ...
I did not say that other names were better :messenger_grinning_sweat:

And wait Fantazio: Royal Tournament - it has become even longer? Metaphor: Re:Fantazio: Royal Tournament :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I think Marvel's Blade sounds really cool. Really sharp.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks awesome, game of the show IMO.
Love the art style and the gameplay looks fun.

Fredrik

This looks absolutely incredible! 😍
The title needs a ”New game from the creators of Ori” or something so people see it. I’m more blown away by this than just about anything else.

Sorne

holy fuck this took me by surprise!

At first I saw the name and brushed it off as another "filler" game.. but as soon as I heard Moon Studios is behind, I rushed to watch the trailer and my jaw dropped. Simply beautiful with an amazing score for a trailer. Can't wait to see more!

skit_data

It has a pretty "boring" look and at parts of the trailer I actually found the design outright ugly, which is very suprising considering how beautiful the Ori-games are. Maybe it's something abput transitioning from 2D to 3D. The game isn't finished either of course, but I can't say I find the aesthetic very inspiring.

Hohenheim

This game is a Diablo killer had Diablo not already kill itself.
Diablo is awesome. And this game looks awesome. I remember the director talked about how the team was inspired by Dark Souls, which of course 8/10 teams these days obviously are, but I think these guys can nail it.
Gonna try to stay clear of the early access version, in order to enjoy this the most when 1.0 arrives.

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
This is going to be the ultra-giga Chad game. I can feel it. A group of talented developers unafraid to work led by a guy they tried to cancel. Can't wait.

Top Bottom