• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest for the Wicked | The Game Awards 2023 Trailer

Holy shit this looks fantastic. Both of the Ori games were great so I'm not surprised. Full Moon should've gotten Metroid Dread, they would've made it good.

Both Ori games were too difficult for me to finish. I got as far as I could before dropping out.
Maybe I can finish this new game as it looks like I don't have to do a dozen button presses perfectly in a row just to get to one side of the screen.

Both Ori games were too difficult for me to finish. I got as far as I could before dropping out.
Maybe I can finish this new game as it looks like I don't have to do a dozen button presses perfectly in a row just to get to one side of the screen.
I mean, we're not gonna start making games that won't challenge players since overcoming challenge to me is one of the fun things in games. But it's an RPG, so similar to Elden Ring and so on, if you get stuck on a particular challenge, you can always decide to go and do something else and then come back with with even more power to overcome that challenge :)

On Ori, doing something like that was always quite difficult since if you've already started a sequence, it was harder to get you out of that, but in Wicked you can always decide to drop something for now and come back later.

Last edited:
On Ori, doing something like that was always quite difficult since if you've already started a sequence, it was harder to get you out of that,
My problem was the pull switch and get through door on other side of room before it closed situations . I could do everything needed to make it across but my skills failed in the time needed.
Need a special setting just for me to pull lever keep door open. 😅

Last edited:
I was stuck on that damned sand worm for ages. It literally took me a mental break of 3 months before I finally picked it up again and beat the race first try. Beautiful, wonderful game, but that part nearly broke my will to even play games. 😅

I was stuck on that damned sand worm for ages. It literally took me a mental break of 3 months before I finally picked it up again and beat the race first try. Beautiful, wonderful game, but that part nearly broke my will to even play games. 😅
I feel you, I just had the same experience playing the final-final test level in Super Mario Wonder. I needed like 120 tries to do it and I started questioning my life choices 😂

But then I did it and I felt amazing! And I think those experiences absolutely need to be in games as well. Overcoming difficult challenges is tough in life and if we put them into games, they might just show you that you CAN do everything if you just try and try again, even if it seems impossible at first.

Every time we ship a game, the best moment that makes it all worthwhile is when we watch players play our games and they get to a point where they feel like they just can't do it and then they overcome the challenge and that moment... is just priceless.

All that said, again, this is an RPG. There are tough enemies and bosses to fight, but if you struggle, the easy mode is simply to nope out and come back later with OP stats :D

Banjo64

cumsessed
I feel you, I just had the same experience playing the final-final test level in Super Mario Wonder. I needed like 120 tries to do it and I started questioning my life choices 😂

But then I did it and I felt amazing! And I think those experiences absolutely need to be in games as well. Overcoming difficult challenges is tough in life and if we put them into games, they might just show you that you CAN do everything if you just try and try again, even if it seems impossible at first.

Every time we ship a game, the best moment that makes it all worthwhile is when we watch players play our games and they get to a point where they feel like they just can't do it and then they overcome the challenge and that moment... is just priceless.

All that said, again, this is an RPG. There are tough enemies and bosses to fight, but if you struggle, the easy mode is simply to nope out and come back later with OP stats :D

The trailer for No Rest for the Wicked looks amazing.

Keep up the good work, Ori is amongst the best games I’ve ever played.

phvk

Neo Member
Will Gareth Coker be doing the soundtrack for this game? His soundtrack in Ori was on another level. It really brought out the emotion and magic in each level and during the story beats.

Top Bottom