• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Noragami Aragoto |OT| The God Nobody Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
biggest issue for me, like I said in the anime thread it's that we've known this story for a while now and to have a flashback and story time section felt unnecessary.

biggest issue for me, like I said in the anime thread it's that we've known this story for a while now and to have a flashback and story time section felt unnecessary.

The only thing that was known before is that Kazuma said that Yato saved Bishamon but did not provide the details. It is not like everything was known.

Phatmac

Despite some great action and important flashbacks it used my most hated trope of the miscumincation leads to fighting in which they both have no reason to fight each other if they stopped fighting and fixed their misconceptions. If they took time to let Yato know that Bishamon didn't kidnap Hiyori with her consent perhaps this wouldn't have happened but the plot has to move on so I digress. Lots of important stuff happened this week with the reason as to why they both hate their guts which is legitamet but poor as Yato was doing the only thing to save her. They probably won't ever come to a resolution as it was a horrific act. The fight overall was great and it ended strong with a surprising end. I'm not sure what to expect but I'm kinda
glad as I've never been a fan of Yukine but I'm guessing something will save him
im. Can't wait for next week.

Yeah miscommunication fights are just so fucking silly and clichéd now. Somebody just scream "he saved you when you would've died otherwise get fucking over it"

While I still like this arc a lot, I can't help but feel that Kazuma's decision would have been more interesting if
he had asked for Yato's help before his clan had irreversibly turned into phantoms. Bishamon's current anger would make more sense, too -- she clearly saw that Yato killed her shinki when they were past the point of no return, so why is she acting like they could have been saved? The only downside to making this hypothetical story move is that it would have made Kazuma much less likable, but I think that there are still ways to do it in a morally grey manner.

duckroll

Episode 4

This arc is moving at a pretty good pace, and it's pretty exciting. The "misunderstanding" is lame as fuck, but I think it's also an inherent weakness in Bishamon's character, so there's no avoiding it here. Kazuma could probably have handled things a bit better but well, he's locked in a cell now so RIP. It's nice to finally see the backstory between Yato and Bishamon though. Long time coming now. Hoping for some top-tier action animation next week. :D

Moaradin

I dunno usually dislike when characters refuse to talk it out but it's not like Bishamonten would listen anyway, she HATES Yato.

Plus it seems like Yato is protecting Kazuma. I doubt Bishamon would be ok with one of her family going off on his own to get a god to slaughter everybody. Yato is just taking all the blame himself. Seems pretty in line with his character.

yami4ct

I dunno usually dislike when characters refuse to talk it out but it's not like Bishamonten would listen anyway, she HATES Yato.

I also think Bishamon knows that she would've died had her family not been killed, but that doesn't mean she can forgive Yato for it. Whether it saved her or not, all the people she cared for were slaughtered in front of her eyes while they begged her for help. Not surprising she'd hold a grudge.

I also think Bishamon knows that she would've died had her family not been killed, but that doesn't mean she can forgive Yato for it. Whether it saved her or not, all the people she cared for were slaughtered in front of her eyes while they begged her for help. Not surprising she'd hold a grudge.

holding a grudge =/= you are my sworn enemy and whenever I see you I go on a murderous spree and fuck everybody else.

Also is Yato facing an issue that many of these 'used to be a cold hearted badass but now a clown' heroes face where he's nowhere near as badass as what he used to be? Seems like whenever he faces Bisha he tends to get wrecked. Maybe it's due to how many fucking people she has behind her I while he only has a sword.

Mendrox

holding a grudge =/= you are my sworn enemy and whenever I see you I go on a murderous spree and fuck everybody else.

Also is Yato facing an issue that many of these 'used to be a cold hearted badass but now a clown' heroes face where he's nowhere near as badass as what he used to be? Seems like whenever he faces Bisha he tends to get wrecked. Maybe it's due to how many fucking people she has behind her I while he only has a sword.

There are good reason for Yato getting wrecked ;-) don't worry

When people do it comedically it's great. When it's the middle of a battle and people are taking him lightly because they don't expect him to put a fight?

I want him to run out of bubblegum. I mean we have weapons from Bisha challenging him to direct battles not expecting much.

When people do it comedically it's great. When it's the middle of a battle and people are taking him lightly because they don't expect him to put a fight?

I want him to run out of bubblegum. I mean we have weapons from Bisha challenging him to direct battles not expecting much.

He will always be underestimated by people who do not know him. After all, he is an obscure God. Its the same situation as Saitama of OPM.

Phatmac

Being Bishamon is suffering. Credit is due to her acting skills for portraying the appropriate amount of rage and despair that she went through this episode. The doctor is a fucked ip guy do scheming a plan to have her lose her family once again to the same guy. Sad to see such a massacre occur due to my most despised trope of miscommunication equals death. Sadly the conflict was cleared up at the exact worst time which angers me but due to their previous history I'll let it slide. Hopefully Yato will kill the bastard next week. I'm kinda disappointed by the reasoning behind Yukine's transformation but at least it looks cool.
n3q57eK.jpg

I was half tempted to just drop this when the cliffhanger being Yukine died was actually "no lol he just got stronger now and is DOUBLE SWORDS because Bleach is a good series we should emulate right?"

I was half tempted to just drop this when the cliffhanger being Yukine died was actually "no lol he just got stronger now and is DOUBLE SWORDS because Bleach is a good series we should emulate right?"

I give it a pass because the show has established before that they can change/evolve.

Still it's a bit ridiculous how Yato fights with two swords and she has this whole army behind her lol

Noragami Aragoto 06

Well that wrapped up nicely, there was some nice new BGM. There were some omissions but nothing too big.

Next arc is the Ebisu arc. Also this season will have 13 episodes.

duckroll

Episode 5-6

They moved through this arc really quickly. It's interesting how the first season covered 3 volumes of the manga, and 6 episodes of the second season have already covered another 3 volumes of the manga. I wonder if there's going to be any original content for season two at this rate, probably not? Bishamon is a really whiney god though. Not sure if she was worth saving, lol. At least we got some cool moves out of Yato. The music is super awesome too.

Really like this show. It's not something that would go on my all time top-ten list, but it's a bunch of fun to watch. This season's wrapping up pretty nicely, and this week's episode in particular had some sweet awesome action stuff happen in it. I guess next episode's, the finale, I'm pretty excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom