• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Culex

Banned
I'm hunkered down here in CT. Have my candles, flashlight and grill prepped for the immeiment loss of power lol.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Found some useful graphics.

How much liquor you should buy:

aNzenW1.jpg

How fucked you are:

Food guide if this is your first blizzard:

NimbusD

Yay my boss decided to close the office tomorrow. Except we have a big shoot next week we gotta set up for...so fuck.

Linkura

My husband informs me that we're probably going to run out of milk during the storm.

I don't give a shit because I don't give a shit. Edit: And I don't like milk.

Malo

Banned
Got two six packs of Bronx brewery Belgian style pale ale, chips and salsa, golden oreos, and Zelda waiting to be played.

I am ready for this blizzard.

Strimei

Have to wait until the morning to find out if my work is closed.

My luck, we'll be right on the line and it'll just be a real cold rain.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Since we are talking about the important stuff:

I have about a half of a Saranac Irish Roots 12 pack in the fridge. That will get me through the night. I don't love the stout, but the Lager and red ale are a+.

Tomorrow I have to take Q58 bus from Flushing to Woodhaven to take the underground subway.

God knows when I can get the downtown Manhattan.

Also, Iam carrying enough gear to sleep over at work. Good thing my work has a simple shower.

Ron Mexico

Have a sixtel of Forgotten Boardwalk in the kegerator and my alarm set for 5 am to officially close my office. Thinking day drinking may be the order of the day tomorrow.

BkMogul

Curse me for living close to an underground subway. Got to hoof it to work tomorrow with my snowboats. Hopefully I can take multiple naps during the day.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Guy call in to the office to upload a msg for the call out line. "

This is the "Company X" inclement weather line, you're all going to die if you try and come to work, the office is closed"

Cool dude and he always calls to upload the craziest weather msgs for his employees.

I'm slightly jealous of the folks getting snow, I loved being snowed in but I was over the snow we got earlier this year after day 2. Be safe, ya'll!

Beeks

Got a 17-hour work day to look forward to tomorrow, going to be exhausting but the OT pay will be sweet. Hopefully will be an easy day since I'll have the precipice of Hell to blame for connection issues.

gdt

Has this gotten downgraded for the Philly to Allentown area in PA? Im in a hotel now but I'd like to reasonably be home tomorrow night.

tbm24

Tomorrow I have to take Q58 bus from Flushing to Woodhaven to take the underground subway.

God knows when I can get the downtown Manhattan.

Also, Iam carrying enough gear to sleep over at work. Good thing my work has a simple shower.
So long as everything stays on track, the 7 train is shut down so that was enough to get my job to not try and force me to trek through a blizzard to the nearest subway. I have to take a bus to Main St. in the first place. I wish you luck if you really have to head down there.

jerry113

Banned
so i've never been in a proper blizzard before, am i stupid if want to bundle up and walk around in 20-40 mph gusts for fun?

atomsk

Party Pooper
my area here in NJ got a downgrade from 6-10 to 3-6

hadn't planned on going out regardless, but my mom/grandparents are supposed to fly back from FL on Wednesday, we'll see

br3wnor

Wife and I's jobs are both already closed so hoping we get as little snow as possible. North shore Long Island not far into Suffolk county so the estimates seem like we're in the 8-16 range?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
but i wanna go sledding... i've only ever had maybe 3-6 inches of snow before and the area im staying in right now is projected to have 12-24. sounds so epic.
It will be even more epic if you do it naked. This is how I sled now after realizing my finite and infinite existence.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Most recent update for my area has 3-6 inches tonight, 16-22 tomorrow.

Dag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom