• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pau

any snow reaching us? (NJ/NYC)
i stocked up tonight:
TfThdeFt.jpg
Radiant Dawn. Very nice. Is this your first time playing it?

Kyrios

This is not going to be as bad as they were saying earlier in NYC. I could tell the meteorologist on ABC was unsure about how much mix vs snow would happen.

Same for central Jersey. Looks like it's going to be more of a mix during the day tomorrow than actual snow. Most of the actual snow looks to be coming overnight instead.

xkramz

Elevated subways lines are suspended until further notice & underground subway service are running with delays in nyc. Guess I'm not going to work lol ♡♡♡♡♡

gryvan

My amazon delivery still says tomorrow. But i dont believe it...they gave me an option to pick it up at maspeth but it opens at 9 am....

Kyrios

I am prepared.

I put tarps over my cars and driveway. This makes cleanup much easier.

Man, and I thought me spraying my shovels with WD-40 was smart. I never thought of this lol

Seriously though, WD-40 makes shoveling sooo much easier, snow and stuff just glides right off the shovel, no gunk left over.

Storm saved my ass, my Tuesday review is canceled cause class is canceled as a result the mid term on Thursday is pushed back till next week so more time to study. This Nor'easter is the real mvp.

There's probably a limit to the amount of snow this trick works for. Like... 3". Snow is kinda heavy, no?

Applause and a beer for that man. Nah, his lifehack is pretty much flawless. Snow is light unless it gets wet. At the most shovel snow around the cars, but having to get snow off the car themselves​ will be easy peasy. Just pull the tarp from the opposite side over the cars and it'll slide right off. I did the same thing with my roommate when we're clearing rose bushes from the backyard. Load them on the tarp and drag them off to desired location via tarp.

Stay warm and safe, everyone who will get hit by the storm!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So wait it's going to be bad in nyc or what? The fuck happened to the storm?

No idea. It hasn't even started to snow in Queens yet. But shit has been cancelled and that is all I cared about. So hopefully the storm passes through without much fanfare.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Suffolk COunty Ny, wheres the snow? There's supposed to be an, earth-blanketing snow snower!

Tell me about it lol haven't seen shit in Manhattan

I think meteorologists are either:

1) heroes trying to get people out of work, knowing full well the storm won't be shit.

Or

2) trying to get people in a panic so they spend money at their local businesses.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Been snowing heavy in central NJ for almost 2 hours now. Can't wait for this day off tomorrow lol

Yeah its already coming down hard in Trenton and has been for over an hour and is starting to stick in full to the roads. Its accumulating fast and luckily my boss just called off work tomorrow because he wanted to go skiing lol

Amir0x

Banned
begun in earnest now. View outside my door:

sAI2nTn.jpg

my car gonna be buried under this snow hardcore. why didn't I think of tarps :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom