• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
aNzenW1.jpg

see now this is a helpful weather report

So apparently here in Matawan NJ I'm getting less than 1 inch, and 20 minutes away my job is getting 11 to 18 inches. Now that's a fine line.

Ogodei

Feds gotta declare a snow day for my non-profit office to give me a snow day.

C'mon, i got a big bag of peanut M&M's, let it rip!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Northern Westchester here- It's already started. Just had the dogs out and there was a light mix of snow and sleet coming down.

tbm24

Wow, that sucks. We don't lose pay for snow days.
Unless it's a natural disaster, either I find something to do to work from home, or take a PTO day. Still debating what do. Still hasn't started snowing in my area of Queens, eagerly waiting for it.

supergiz

Going to get some food before it starts (I'm near NYC). God help me if it starts to snow. It's 15 minute walk each way.

Tomorrow I have to take Q58 bus from Flushing to Woodhaven to take the underground subway.

God knows when I can get the downtown Manhattan.

Also, Iam carrying enough gear to sleep over at work. Good thing my work has a simple shower.

Curse me for living close to an underground subway. Got to hoof it to work tomorrow with my snowboats. Hopefully I can take multiple naps during the day.

are you guys in law enforcement or doctors or something? or MTA workers? you don't HAVE to go to work tomorrow.

Stella taking her sweet time hitting NYC.

STELLA!....STELLAAAAAA!!

so i've never been in a proper blizzard before, am i stupid if want to bundle up and walk around in 20-40 mph gusts for fun?

not at all! I did it last year and it was great. a hell of a workout walking in all the snow and taking pictures. wear thermal layers and a ski mask and gloves and you should be good.

Abhor

Oh boy. Was a very good idea to go grocery shopping earlier.

If you can take a sick day just fucking do it.

Hexa

"Snow has overspread the area."
What does that mean?

4-6 inches here. Wonder if I'll get work off. Or at least liberal leave. I don't want to go in the snow. :/

coopolon

Headed to bed, but I think this storm is going to underperform badly in Baltimore. I actually think my work (at a university) might be open tomorrow although I still think it is unlikely.

Looking out the window the roads are still almost completely clear and it only has a few hours before it turns to rain until the morning.

tim.mbp

Downgraded to a Winter Weather Advisory for me. 2-4 inches wet heavy snow but 60 mph gusts. Might not even have to shovel.

ATF487

Down to 10-16 in Boston. Oh well.

Still going to be working from home. Also parked my car at Alewife so I'm not gonna have to shovel my car out at all. Totally worth the 30 dollars or whatever imo.

Schmitty

This is not going to be as bad as they were saying earlier in NYC. I could tell the meteorologist on ABC was unsure about how much mix vs snow would happen.

KHarvey16

Down to 10-16 in Boston. Oh well.

Still going to be working from home. Also parked my car at Alewife so I'm not gonna have to shovel my car out at all. Totally worth the 30 dollars or whatever imo.

Did the same in Quincy Adams (only $7 a day down there!). No shoveling and I don't have to worry about assholes getting into fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom