• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 7 train just went by and my wife started cursing "fuck this, now i have to work".
I told her they were probably just moving it to Wiilets Point.

Not a lot of snow out there but seems super windy.

hbkdx12

As I expected. This is like the third time they were going all nuts about getting snow but it's barely an inch or two. I swear they do this to get people to buy stuff from stores. It's all a scam.

Here in NY ever since that one year where Bloomberg shit the bed and didn't properly prepare, they basically go ape shit overboard any time the word storm gets thrown around.

Better to be safe than sorry though.

Beeks

Just dug my car out of about 3-4 inches of accumulation and very slowly drove into work along Rt. 17 near Middletown, NY. Snow is light but steady and winds are blowing a lot around, barely made it up the hill to my office. Only had my car parked for about 6 hours, so if it keeps up, we could have quite a bit on the road by normal commute time. Plows seemed to be doing an OK job keeping up but if the snow picks up in intensity it could get pretty bad on Rt. 17/I-84.

zelas

We got a decent amount here in MD (about 30 minutes west of Baltimore), but it seems to be sleet or mixed right now. Feels like more significant accumulation isn't likely to happen.
Just woke up and can hear the rain here in Germantown. I don't want look out the window and accept the disappointing reality : (

gdt

Coming down pretty good here in Allentown PA. It's not much on the ground really, but it's icyer coming down now.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
This is a joke. Wake up to 6 inches in westchester, sunday schedule mtro north. I feel like i should go in to work even tho they said we dont have to if we cant.

2ljXXc0.jpg

To the left... No snow. To the right... All the snow.

ag-my001

Rain/snow line definitely moved inland here in MD. Of course, I'm west of Baltimore, so I've got about six inches of snow that is now getting coated with lots of sleet. It's going to be heavy shovel work today.

Shadybiz

Looks like a miss for me in Southern NJ. Still a ton of rain, which MAY turn into freezing rain. Still working from home...not worth the risk because people around here can't handle freezing rain on the road.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
These fucking meteorologist hyping the fuck out of this shit lol

I'm left disappointed, maybe til next winter lol..

br3wnor

This is best case scenario, work cancelled preemptively yesterday and all we have is probably 3 inches and now it's raining. Hurray to easy shoveling.

Ha ha, I guess all of the snow hit here based on the responses here. Damn, I guess we got lucky last year, this storm we pay the snow gods.

cyber_ninja

Lower slower Delaware reporting: lots of rain and wind, feels like a tropical storm. It did snow last night, for about 10 minutes. Guess I won't see anymore snow until next winter. :-(

tbm24

A 7 train just went by and my wife started cursing "fuck this, now i have to work".
I told her they were probably just moving it to Wiilets Point.

Not a lot of snow out there but seems super windy.
She shouldn't worry, i double checked when I woke up and trains are not leaving from main st. Just hunter's point and on. This snow is fun, about to take the Subaru out for some wholesome snow plowing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yup

it's snowing. A good few inches on the ground and it's going to keep snowing all day.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's actually starting to come down now. You can feel the wind gusts at least. Management must be butthurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom