• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nOS: New Operating System - Official Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

nOS: New Operating System offers a fresh and new way to interface with your Nintendo Switch. Transform your favorite console into an amazing, and surprisingly small personal computer by allowing you to draw, write, calculate, organize your day and play around at your convenience with the built-in puzzle game. nOS: New Operating System will be available later this month on Nintendo Switch.

ManaByte

Duck Dynasty Smh GIF by DefyTV

reinking

Gold Member
Umm.. ..does it not use the touchscreen? Seems like everyone was using the controller for tasks that would be much easier with the touch screen.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I already have a "surprisingly small personal computer by allowing you to draw, write, calculate, organize your day and play around at your convenience". It's called my phone. Don't understand why anyone would want this on their Switch.

So many people will miss the part that this is a GAME, not a new OS for the Switch

This is a GAME about building an OS. And not made by Nintendo.

The thread title is almost a troll

The trailer doesn't reflect what you're saying at all. Obviously it's not an actual OS, but it seems to be just a collection of poor productivity software that no one who has a smartphone would ever need on their Switch.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Literally didn't clock that this was an official release on the SWITCH until the ESRB at the end. All I kept thinking of was "This is a looooooong way to go for a modded OS - "

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah well, not so obvious. Actualy look around and you'll see people confused by it.

Yeah, but it's also not a game about building an OS from what I can tell. It's just an "app" that does a few things your phone already does better.

I already have a "surprisingly small personal computer by allowing you to draw, write, calculate, organize your day and play around at your convenience". It's called my phone. Don't understand why anyone would want this on their Switch.
If only I could get Mario and Zelda on that cell phone. :lollipop_pouting:

This isn’t made by Nintendo.
Look at the early thread comments. People are expecting Nintendo to announce hardware, which is baffling given we know it’s not in the cards anytime soon.

Obviously this OS is not made by Nintendo, and I never implied that it was.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
"New operating system."

"Official Nintendo."

feel fridge GIF

That title got me good. Had to read it a few times and still confused me.

Last edited:

Three

No idea, kids who don't have phones probably.

Tams

Looks like BeOS. Pretty cool looking in a retro way, but also... dated.

The Open Source community are pretty weird, so this looks right up their alley. Some of them will consider this a game and will enjoy it.

But I ain't complaining. They've provided many great pieces of software, saving games from getting lost to history, and to each their own.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Thank god it's not a new OS. It would have meant a new eshop, new accounts, start from zero again no doubt.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Looks like BeOS. Pretty cool looking in a retro way, but also... dated.

The Open Source community are pretty weird, so this looks right up their alley. Some of them will consider this a game and will enjoy it.

But I ain't complaining. They've provided many great pieces of software, saving games from getting lost to history, and to each their own.

This isn't even an open source I think? I think it's just a regular Switch "game".

Top Bottom