• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nov NPD Hardware and Software INCORRECT NUMBERS! GAF ON LIFESUPPORT!

qirex

soundwave05 said:
:lol Holy shit at Sony's PSP estimates.

They're not even going to come close.
Someone should tell them the secret formula that actually having games available for your system helps drive sales. The only PSP game I've bought since Hot Shots came out was GTA.

Oblivion said:
"We plan on selling 2-3 million PSPs for the holiday season"

*final sales perform under expectations*

"We've succeeded in shipping 2-3 million PSPs for the holiday season"

:lol So true, either that or they will redefine the "holiday season" as July-Dec or something

jarrod said:
What were it's November 2001 numbers? And what were the the Nov numbers the previous four years?

The basic problem with your GC/GBA evalutions is you're giving no room for the concept of natural decline, which is what these platforms should be doing at this point... especially compared to PS2 which is still the development darling, still getting the highest profile releases. The fact that GC and especially GBA are holding up as well as they are with the kind of support they're getting is anything but "dissapointing" really.

My comments are based on my expectations and the opportunities that existed.

I think I was hard on all of the platforms except the PSP, which I was surprised by mostly because my expectations were so low. If you were to have asked me how the PSP would do this holiday, I would have been MUCH more than what actually happened.

My absolute biggest disappointment is the PS2. It should have easily been double what it sold.

bunkum

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, scrap all your LTD's and bun fights etc etc

This is a message put out by NPD

It has come to our attention that the November 2005 Video Games data released today contained overstated information. Please do not use the information in your PowerView databases and/or Snapshot Reports released earlier today. NPD will remove the most recent data from the NPD Funworld website beginning 7:30pm EST.

NPD Games will review the reasons behind the overstated numbers immediately and will have an update to you by tomorrow, Friday 12pm EST. We are not clear when the new data will be reissued. However, we are making every effort to ensure the issue is resolved before re-releasing the Video Games Data.

We apologize for this inconvenience

SantaC

koam said:
If Zelda were out, it would have made it seem like the Cube outsold the Xbox because of Zelda.

if Zelda was out these holidays I think we would have seen those GC sales X 5.

guess

bunkum said:

It has come to our attention that the November 2005 Video Games data released today contained overstated information. Please do not use the information in your PowerView databases and/or Snapshot Reports released earlier today. NPD will remove the most recent data from the NPD Funworld website beginning 7:30pm EST.

NPD Games will review the reasons behind the overstated numbers immediately and will have an update to you by tomorrow, Friday 12pm EST. We are not clear when the new data will be reissued. However, we are making every effort to ensure the issue is resolved before re-releasing the Video Games Data.

:lol

bunkum said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

koam

bunkum said:

So 360 sold less? :p

ioi

Banned
Oblivion said:
"We plan on selling 2-3 million PSPs for the holiday season"

*final sales perform under expectations*

"We've succeeded in shipping 2-3 million PSPs for the holiday season"

spot on :lol

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
A rather dissappointing month for hardware. Every system is down YoY and the new systems are not picking up the slack. The Xbox was the biggest drop, but its not too suprising considering the new console and no Halo 2. PS2 probably would have been the worst, had last year not been so bad because of shortages; compare this year to two years ago and ... ouch!

I'm not very impressed with the 360's tie-ratio. When you limit hardware so that only the most hardcore will likely get it, of course you're going to get a huge ratio. If MS limited the supply to only members of TXB, they could have boasted about a 14:1 tie-ratio. Does anyone believe that the 360 could have sold 4 million units of software, had they been able to ship a million hardware units?

I'm most curious as to what replaced Halo 2's 3.3 million units and GTA's 1.5 mill from last year. We know it was LCS or the 360 line up. I have no clue as to what happened.

Mrbob said:
A ton of 44 dollar GBA units sold through Walmart. Makes the GBA number even less impressive. GBA down big YoY.

But Nintendo sold more portables this year than last year, and with a huge competitor in the market. GBA should be down. It should be down a lot more.

jman2050

bunkum said:

OMFG :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ioi

Banned
bunkum said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Max^Samp

bunkum said:

we wasted ~280 posts. We are the best, just 280

bunkum

Software is wrong by some margin i.e. year on year down about 14% not 4%, not sure if Hardaware is calculated by the same method, if so both soft and hardware could be wrong.

WATCH THIS SPACE TOMORROW

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
bunkum said:

No, damn it! Nintendo was winning. :(

ybduped7cd.gif

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
bunkum said:
Software is wrong by some margin i.e. year on year down about 14% not 4%, not sure if Hardaware is calculated by the same method, if so both soft and hardware could be wrong.

WATCH THIS SPACE TOMORROW

Argh! I blame Shadowwwwwwwww!!!!! ;_;

SantaC

soundwave05 said:
I dunno about X5. Probably X2 ... maybe X3 if they had a Gold GameCube + Zelda bundle.

if my memory serves me correctly Gamecube moved around 800-900K last december, and that without a true killerapp like Zelda TP, so based on those numbers and Zelda TP, I would say 1 Million GCs with it isn't out of the question.

bunkum said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Ripclawe

Banned
bunkum said:

shockeyshocked1.gif

stewie.gif

take your pick :lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
SantaCruZer said:
if my memory serves me correctly Gamecube moved around 800-900K last november, and that without a ture killerapp like Zelda TP, so based on those numbers and Zelda TP, I would say 1 Million GCs with it isn't out of the question.
It only sold 350K last November, 797K last December.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Knew it was too good to be true to get all the HW data so fast. :(

sonycowboy, where's the October PSP data you said you'd try to track down? No luck? :(

Top Bottom