• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nov NPD Hardware and Software INCORRECT NUMBERS! GAF ON LIFESUPPORT!

Leondexter said:
RUN! The NPD is trying to find out who's leaking their numbers! IT'S A TRAP!

orange2cc.jpg

heidern

littlewig said:
IWATA WINS AGAIN.

The Markets are shrinking.

No matter if the numbers are good or if they are bad, Iwata always wins.

bunkum said:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear, scrap all your LTD's and bun fights etc etc

This is a message put out by NPD

It has come to our attention that the November 2005 Video Games data released today contained overstated information. Please do not use the information in your PowerView databases and/or Snapshot Reports released earlier today. NPD will remove the most recent data from the NPD Funworld website beginning 7:30pm EST.

NPD Games will review the reasons behind the overstated numbers immediately and will have an update to you by tomorrow, Friday 12pm EST. We are not clear when the new data will be reissued. However, we are making every effort to ensure the issue is resolved before re-releasing the Video Games Data.

We apologize for this inconvenience

Complete and utter failure.

Alcibiades

hmm, maybe GBA sales weren't as impressive, but remember there were some really good Black Friday sales for it at Best Buy and Toys 'R Us I think.

And I'm sure the Micro helped somewhat, even if only by 50,000-100,000 units or so...

koam

Why do I have a feeling when the numbers get adjusted, we will magically be missing the psp numbers again :)

Anyway, that high attach ratio for the 360 seems a bit off. COD2 selling to such a huge amount of people is a bit weird imho.

Elios83

jj984jj said:
Wait...... does this mean 360 sales could be even lower?

If actual software sales are much lower than those in the wrong numbers.......mumble mumble.......or hardware sales are lower or more probably it's lower the tie ratio.

Mrbob

Overall numbers may not be wrong, but perhaps they are including totals after the cut off date of Nov 26.

MrDaravon

It's going to be hilarious if with the new numbers Nintendo widens the gap, or the opposite happens. This thread's going to be awesome :lol

Amir0x

Banned
<NPDKing> What do you have to report?
<bunkum> Well, overall... it seems GAF is pretty happy with the results. Not even 360 numbers made them bitch.
<NPDKing> Impossible! Issue a new statement. The numbers they got? All wrong!
<bunkum> But si--
<NPDKing> And everything is gonna be lower. Also, bunk?
<bunkum> Yes?
<NPDKing> PSP numbers are being withheld.

edit: crap, littlewig got to the joke before me :lol

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Amir0x said:
<bunkum> Well, overall... it seems GAF is pretty happy with the results. Not even 360 numbers made them bitch.
<bunkum> But si--
<bunkum> Yes?

edit: crap, littlewig got to the joke before me :lol
:lol :lol

Ripclawe

Banned
NPD's silence led to speculation on the part of analysts who had already received the report. One noticed that while the company usually claims to collect 63 percent of sales data, in November it claimed to collect 53 percent. He reasoned this was the cause of "dramatically higher" numbers than usual, and that when the corrected numbers are released, they will be much closer to the previous, pessimistic forecasts. It could also mean that Xbox 360 sales could come in under the 332,000-unit figure cited in the report.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140959.html

Striek

Amir0x said:
<bunkum> But si--
<bunkum> Yes?
Holy :lol

donny2112

I realize the numbers are getting changed anyways, but ...

sonycowboy said:
Hey,

I was only 576,008 off :lol (I know I'm not qualified for the overall contest).

But, I did pretty damn well on the handhelds.

Code:
Format          Prediction          Actual           Delta
GBA                 730,000         892,438         162,438
PS2                 680,000         546,096         133,904
X360                450,000         332,121         117,879
NDS                 370,000         381,619          11,619
[b]PSP              350,000[/b]      359,772           9,772
XBX                 330,000         278,284          51,716
[b]GCN              280,000[/b]      191,320          88,680
Totals            3,190,000       2,981,650         576,008

sonycowboy said:
My first pass with only HW numbers. Might get a chance to modify it tomorrow, but I just don't have the free time I used to with a baby.

HW
-------------------
GBA - 730k
PS2 - 680k
X360 - 450k
DS - 370k
GCN - 350k
XBX - 330k
PSP - 280k

;)

Ganondorf>Link said:
So anyone going back and editing their prediction numbers before the REAL numbers come out?

Because I sure as hell am. :lol

Do, and you're disqualified from the rankings. Only edits until market close (4:30 p.m. ET) on NPD Thursday are accepted. ;)

donny2112 said:
Do, and you're disqualified from the rankings. Only edits until market close (4:30 p.m. ET) on NPD Thursday are accepted. ;)

Um... I just edited before I found that out. :lol

Can I go back and re-edit them to what they were before?

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
The first 280 posts in this thread were :lol funny!

The numbers were kind of suprising. Gamecube outselling Xbox with no big hitters apart from Mario Party 7? A bit fishy.
THREE PILLARS OF NINTENDO >>> MS + SONY
GBA + NDS + GAMECUBE >>> XBOX + XBOX 360 + PSP + PS2
1552341 >>> 1429309
That would be one way of doing it, now try in terms of $ revenue? I'm guessing that would paint a very different picture, regardless of how off these numbers are...

;)

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Juno said:

The numbers were kind of suprising. Gamecube outselling Xbox with no big hitters apart from Mario Party 7? A bit fishy.That would be one way of doing it, now try in terms of $ revenue? I'm guessing that would paint a very different picture, regardless of how off these numbers are...

;)
OH GOD, another one with a revenue fetish!!!!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Juno said:

The numbers were kind of suprising. Gamecube outselling Xbox with no big hitters apart from Mario Party 7? A bit fishy.That would be one way of doing it, now try in terms of $ revenue? I'm guessing that would paint a very different picture, regardless of how off these numbers are...

;)

If Nintendo loses in revenue, then we'll just switch to profits. ;)

Top Bottom