• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 9th

Hahaha, open_mouth is around.
4A84UUJ.jpg

is basically my response to hearing this.

DjRalford

Sales per graphical jiggawatt comps.

Excellent input.

PS4 outputted 3 gazillion pixels per hour played, compared with XBONE which could only output 2 gazillion.

Or

XBONE put 1,235,124 frames on peoples screens each hour, compared with PS4 which only put 1,235,121 frames out.

Azlan

What would happen to GAF if it turned out to be a virtual tie between the systems?

You would get a lot of people saying it is a disaster for Microsoft since they were selling at such a discount, and thus lose anyways. On the defending side, people would be saying that as long as they sold high enough numbers it doesn't matter if they beat Sony, and the only goal that matters is expanding their user base.

And... of course the usual drive by posts... and so on. It would not be the most fun outcome. I am hoping for an extreme one way or another.

Oddduck

If Wii U sales don't significantly improve, do we consider amiibo to be a success or a failure?

Especially when amiibo was designed to bring more kids to their hardware.

Daviii

$50 cheaper -and- having to give away $80 worth of software? That'd be ouch imo (not counting the additional $20 off and $50 gc at Target during BF).

Well if you think about that, it's not a bad scenario for consumers right?

Because if Microsoft wants to dump a pile of money to subsidise our consumerism I won't complain.

Why Xbone winning is relevant when they can't show up all year?.

I personally feel that Xbone winning at least one holiday season is good, for all parties involved. But one holiday win will not change the course of the entire gen.

So, meh. Xbone wins this Holiday season, but next year Holiday season will be for PS4 since they got the better lineup for 2015.

Not so fast my friend. A fall lineup of Quantum Break, Forza 6, Halo 5, Tomb Raider, and possibly a Gears of War remastered collection is potentially lethal

[/b]

Not so fast my friend. A fall lineup of Quantum Break, Forza 6, Halo 5, Tomb Raider, and possibly a Gears of War remastered collection is potentially lethal

Agree, the final lineup for Fall 2015 is not finalized for either console yet. Saying one is superior to the other a year out isn't a good indication. We'll have a better idea after E3 2015 on whose lineup is stronger.

Let's just hope the Gears remaster is handled better than the Halo one.

[/b]

Oh god, I hope MS doesn't put QB in fall. I hope its around summer. I think fall is pretty much sending the game out to die.

Atone13

Tie is sony win.

Tie means xbox found it's price point...

I'm not sure this tracks. It wasn't just the price drop alone, the included bundled games combined with the price drop made the deals crazy good. So, if their price point is going to remain where it is and they're going to continue offering 2 free games then I guess it works. Wouldn't complain about that, I didn't spring for one this time but if this deal sticks around I'll end up getting it sooner rather than later.

ec0ec0

PS4: "Return of the Jedi!"

XB1: "The Empire Strikes Back!"

WiiU: "A new hope!

ahaha!! those 3 make sense. "The Empire Strikes Back!" is genious!!

wow the tension in this thread...

Also, i hope that someone has the "waking the sleeping dragon" ready.

Top Bottom