• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, December 6th

i wonder if this deal is gonna be the whole month (on and off)

hrjZoxW.png

RexNovis

Banned
You still think the UC4 bundle was a disaster.

Uhh I never said it was a disaster I said I think it was a dumb decision and a mistake from a consumer appeal perspective and yea I still think so. While it makes sense form a business perspective because it's more profitable I do think they would've sold more units than they did had they provided more appealing bundles. You are barking up the wrong tree buddy.

LOCK

So what happened to the Official NPD sales threads? I haven't been following the discussions here on Neogaf Much lately, but the last one I could find was from August.

Did something happen, rule changes maybe?

donny2112

Physical results released to subscribers only on second Thursday after the end of the preceding retail period (same as previous NPD release date). We get nothing much specific in PR from this.

Physical+Digital (digital for select publishers only) on third Thursday after the end of the preceding retail period. This is where the PRs are released, the combined Top 10 is released, and when the official thread is made.

This means the Official NPD thread is usually the second, third, or maybe fourth NPD thread released for a particular month. That has resulted in much less participation in the Official NPD thread, even if there is still a lot of discussion in the earlier versions.

" In fact, the total players online on Sunday, Nov. 27 was up 40 percent compared to last year"

lol, now i need to know if they are comparing Sunday Nov 27,2016 to Friday Nov 27, 2015 because obviously it would be higher!!!
This beauty got lost on the way.
I like it very much.

Sony PR still drunk from PSX (or paralyzed from Knack2)

Be nice to hanspampel. I don't like this junior bashing.

Physical results released to subscribers only on second Thursday after the end of the preceding retail period (same as previous NPD release date). We get nothing much specific in PR from this.

Physical+Digital (digital for select publishers only) on third Thursday after the end of the preceding retail period. This is where the PRs are released, the combined Top 10 is released, and when the official thread is made.

This means the Official NPD thread is usually the second, third, or maybe fourth NPD thread released for a particular month. That has resulted in much less participation in the Official NPD thread, even if there is still a lot of discussion in the earlier versions.

I say we have one thread for each month that continuously gets updated.

ethomaz

Banned
No cream.
No pie.

Sad.

That is why I always supported cream way to leaks... it was safe without ego exposition that trend do alert NPD Ninjas.

Welfare

No cream.
No pie.

Sad.

That is why I always supported cream way to leaks... it was safe without ego exposition that trend do alert NPD Ninjas.

Sure you don't want to rephrase or take back that statement? Without Aqua we wouldn't have had numbers for almost the entire year. Cream stopped for whatever reason, but don't talk about what Aqua did as an ego thing. And again, she said she wouldn't give numbers this month but have them in January.

ethomaz

Banned
Sure you don't want to rephrase or take back that statement? Without Aqua we wouldn't have had numbers for almost the entire year. Cream stopped for whatever reason, but don't talk about what Aqua did as an ego thing. And again, she said she wouldn't give numbers this month but have them in January.
Sorry but that is my honest opinion... I guess she wants attention and I already posted the same opinion here in GAF way before she got banned and start to leaks things in banned site or twitter.

Cream stopped when others started to share the number directly (NPD_Munchair, Aqua, etc).

I miss cream... I don't miss the others... that is how I feel about that.

allan-bh

Sorry but that is my honest opinion... I guess she wants attention and I already posted the same opinion here in GAF way before she got banned and start to leaks things in banned site or twitter.

Cream stopped when others started to share the number directly (NPD_Munchair, Aqua, etc).

I don't think she wants attention. She's a very busy person and gains nothing helping us with data, is just a favour.

RexNovis

Banned

People like you are exactly why nobody wants to bother risking anything to leak sales on GAF anymore. Entitled doesn't even begin to describe the attitude you've displayed here. What an incredibly ungrateful rude thing to say. The person you are talking about was a valued member of this community not only for her information but for her insight and contributions to sales discussion.

We can debate about the ethical dilemmas involved with sharing proprietary data (and make no mistake it is an ethical dilemma) but what you've done here is totally uncalled for.

She left when she got attacked by members and hunted by ninjas. No idea if those were the same.
After all, she not only was a source, but also a clever, polite and funny gaffer. I don't like it when sources get reduced to vending machines.
And if she seeked attention - so what, who doesn't? Call it looking for positive emotional feedback and you're right.

Kill3r7

I don't think she wants attention. She's a very busy person and gains nothing helping us with data, is just a favour.

People like you are exactly why nobody wants to bother risking anything to leak sales on GAF anymore. Entitled doesn't even begin to describe the attitude you've displayed here. What an incredibly ungrateful rude thing to say. The person you are talking about was a valued member of this community not only for her information but for her insight and contributions to sales discussion.

We can debate about the ethical dilemmas involved with sharing proprietary data (and make no mistake it is an ethical dilemma) but what you've done here is totally uncalled for.

She left when she got attacked by members and hunted by ninjas. No idea if those were the same.
After all, she not only was a source, but also a clever, polite and funny gaffer. I don't like it when sources get reduced to vending machines.
And if she seeked attention - so what, who doesn't? Call it looking for positive emotional feedback and you're right.

Hear, hear!

LOCK

Thanks Donny. It's weird being out of the loop on Gaf. Luckily enough us Sales Agers know how to survive.

Javin98

Banned
Conversation in this thread and in the other thread is too depressing. We're better than this yall.

It was also just hinted that I'm a Nintendo fanboy. I've now completed the trinity. Actually, make that 4 because at one point I was called an OUYA fanboy because I posted something about being interested in the potential of low cost android boxes.

I think I'm getting too old for this shit.
That's Victor Sullivan's catchphrase! Sony fanboy confirmed!! :p

RexNovis

Banned
I figured there'd be more people interested in/talking about the apparently massive YoY increase for 3DS and whether or not it is possible for Nintendo capitalize on that increased consumer awareness/interest with the Switch. Pokémon Sun and Moon have clearly recaptured some of that Pokémon Go fervor. It'll be interesting to see how well Super Mario Run does as well.

Elandyll

Banned
Conversation in this thread and in the other thread is too depressing. We're better than this yall.

It was also just hinted that I'm a Nintendo fanboy. I've now completed the trinity. Actually, make that 4 because at one point I was called an OUYA fanboy because I posted something about being interested in the potential of low cost android boxes.

Circle not complete until you've been called a PC Master-Race shill though ;)

ethomaz

Banned
That was only my opinion based in her actions here or outside... the incident on GAF was really exaggeration in my view to get attention. But that me of course... I can be wrong but it is how I see her based in the posts/comments... maybe in the future I change my mind.

That have nothing to do with her leaks at all... I found her leaks interesting and I'm glad she did the job while I think Cream did a better job.

Opinions are opinion after all.

Sorry if I offended anybody.

samar11

Mate, if you dont have any info stop teasing please. I know you have been modded, but it seems likes your abusing your power.

Kill3r7

I figured there'd be more people interested in/talking about the apparently massive YoY increase for 3DS and whether or not it is possible for Nintendo capitalize on that increased consumer awareness/interest with the Switch. Pokémon Sun and Moon have clearly recaptured some of that Pokémon Go fervor. It'll be interesting to see how well Super Mario Run does as well.

Whatever the 3DS number ends up being, I am convinced that Nintendo missed out on at least 100k units, maybe a lot more, by not producing more of the $99 N3DS bundle. It sold out incredibly quickly.

RexNovis

Banned

I used to think so too.

That just means you're doing something right.

Yea it's a familiar feeling during the "prime time" sales months. Don't worry the less console warz fanboy driven more substantive sales discussion will come back before you know it and you'll find yourself at home again.

Whatever the 3DS number ends up being, I am convinced that Nintendo missed out on at least 100k units, maybe a lot more, by not producing more of the $99 N3DS bundle. It sold out incredibly quickly.

Underestimating demand/undersupplying has basically become Nintendo's signature this gen so it wouldn't surprise me.

Mate, if you dont have any info stop teasing please. I know you have been modded, but it seems likes your abusing your power.

... I give up.

No, we're really not though...

And you guys need to stop labeling interest as greater than or less than. What I mean is, users who are obsessed with numbers and tracking are no better/worse than users who are just interesting in their console of choice winning the month and how successful it is.

Step back, and we can look at both sides and reasonably say, "this is pointless" because in reality, it is, particularly because most of us don't have any stock in these companies.

- I've seen fanboy drivel
- I've seen both sides post more in these types of threads when their favorite console wins
- I've seen the number crunches make these long-winded posts trying to look educated

As long as it doesn't get out of control, you just have to take everyone's bias for what it is...There's a little in every user here.

Top Bottom