• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD/Circana US March 2023: PS5 #1 (now ahead of PS4 when aligned), RE4#1, MLB#3 and TLOU #5

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Well there you. This entire nonsense of why cross gen is neccessary because of covid, chip shortage, ukraine war and UFO sightings was just an excuse used by greedy pubs to extend the cross gen period to three fucking years instead of the usual 1 year period we had the last couple of gens.

PS5 outpaced the PS4 in the first year. Only lagged by a couple of million the second year and has already taken over mid way through the third year. The Series consoles have been outselling xbox one since day one.

What a load of crap.
Cross gen never ended after 1 year..

It's usually been 2-3.

reksveks

Huh? There seems to be an entry missing from the March Top 20 Games list.
NoOlfgE.jpg
omg lol how pathetic can these people get?
you just lost in a spectacular fashion in your culture wars. take the L and move on already
Find the post # for me cause it seems like BS.

I don't agree with Era's policies on Hogwarts but we need to stop generating BS.

Last edited:

Tsaki

Something to think about is that PS5 is the 1st PS since PS2 that isn't stuck with a HDD when it comes to price reduction it really could end up a cheap small console at the end of it's life cycles.
To be honest I can't see it getting to $199 in 2028, much less PS2's price. Modern manufacturing nodes have become stupidly expensive and the $/transistor reductions are not what they used to be.

jm89

It's not a wishful thinking.

Their bad gen with Xbox one had 50+m sales.

It's logical that their good year sells a good amount of consoles.

X360 sold 85m (??) from 30+m OG Xbox.

It's possible that they hit 80m.
You say it's not wishful thinking and you literally post what is exactly wishful thinking after.

The biggest reason x360 sold that much is because of the ps3 screw up, sony aren't making that same mistake this gen.

And xbox sales are declining in a lot of countries with the yoy drops in europe which should really not been happening at this stage, no idea where your expecting this magic sales to come from.

Last edited:

tmlDan

It's sad to see Software continue to decline year after year.
It feels like Double A games just aren't selling like they used to and those are the only games releasing consistently.

It feels like less and less games are coming out in the mid tier, and if they do they don't sell.

I am not sure if its the economy or tides are shifting? But i also feel like dead island 2 wont sell at all, neither will redfall. The only big game that came out in march was a remake....so it's been slow. People seem to be saving money for those big games coming up (maybe?)

feynoob

You say it's not wishful thinking and you literally post what is exactly wishful thinking after.

The biggest reason x360 sold that much is because of the ps3 screw up, sony aren't making that same mistake this gen.

And xbox sales are declining in a lot of countries with the yoy drops in europe which should really not been happening at this stage, no idea where your expecting this magic sales to come from.
Its normal to get those numbers, when you have the content and the studios that can deliver those contents.
Xbox One lost the reason to own Xbox.
This gen is showing why you need to buy Xbox.

Unless you think that Bethesda and those recent buy out won't do shit at all for Xbox.

feynoob

It must suck being team xbox this weak or rather this month.
Some of you are too loyal.
They will have to see these numbers until the end of this gen.

The only way to stop this is if Sony decides to duck up their momentum.

feynoob

Supply chain has been worked out though and few are buying the S/X. Hell, they are stacked in front of Best Buy cash registers like bubblegum and there still aren’t any takers.
Did you stay Infront of these stores for all weekend to see if people are buying or not?

Nautilus

Banned
Find the post # for me cause it seems like BS.

I don't agree with Era's policies on Hogwarts but we need to stop generating BS.
They did that last month, and even claimed the february's number 2 as number 1 in the thread title. It's that pathetic.

Edit: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ci...ch-3dollars-2units-cod-2-dead-space-3.702772/

Huh, they went back and fixed it. But I'm 100% sure the table they had had Hogwarts removed and the title stated that COD was number 1.

Last edited:

jm89

Its normal to get those numbers, when you have the content and the studios that can deliver those contents.
Xbox One lost the reason to own Xbox.
This gen is showing why you need to buy Xbox.

Unless you think that Bethesda and those recent buy out won't do shit at all for Xbox.
Bethesda has done nothing to increase sales of xbox. Redfall is a dud, maybe starfield will give them some boost but no where near the absurd numbers you coming up with, and certainly not the sustained boost in sales they will need to get to those numbers.

Last edited:

feynoob

Bethesda has done nothing to increase sales of xbox. Maybe starfield will give them some boost but no where near the absurd numbers you coming up with.
Its not absurd. It's just result of having the means to have the content that people need.

You have to remember that last gen, Xbox one was mostly Forza, halo, gears.

AlexxKidd

Octopath traveler 2:

sponge bob flirting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

OT 2 is excellent, in a month full of new releases and very strong evergreens performing what they usually do.

Go Octopath gooooo!

Yes, let us not lose track of this. Octopath 2 is better than excellent. I had so much fun with it that I could not put the game down even after getting the Platinum Trophy which meant I didn't have shit else in the game to do. I literally just replayed the super secret boss over and over for two days because I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the game.

feynoob

Again wishful thinking. We can only go by what we have now, you don't know if people will be happy with whatever content comes in the future to boost the sale to such a high number.
Dude, it's a simple process.

Xbox one, with small studios, bad rep, low content sold 51+m life time sale.

Xbox this Gen has 23 studios, and will properly own Activision/blizzard. Has gamepass. Plus MS full backing in term of spending.

It's not a wishful thinking. Do all these mean nothing? Do you really think it will be another Xbox one?

jm89

Dude, it's a simple process.

Xbox one, with small studios, bad rep, low content sold 51+m life time sale.

Xbox this Gen has 23 studios, and will properly own Activision/blizzard. Has gamepass. Plus MS full backing in term of spending.

It's not a wishful thinking. Do all these mean nothing? Do you really think it will be another Xbox one?
Owning more studios != 80m+ console sales

Yes it's wishfull thinking.

Last edited:

Elios83

Subscriptions slowing is not the news that companies who want subscriptions to become the future of gaming would like to hear.

But it's great that big titles like Hogwarts Legacy and RE4 are selling really well.
TLOU Part 1 is basically having a relaunch phase thanks to the TV series which proves the point that synergy between different form of entertainments can support growth.

Mr Moose

I said last year that PS5 would catch and start running away from PS4 this year.

PS4 had a price drop, PS5 a price bump. You do the math.
Not in the US they didn't.
And I think the prices are normalizing now to their OG prices.
Edit:Never mind, it must've been a promo of some sort I had seen, prices in the UK are still higher than launch.

Last edited:

feynoob

Owning more studios != 80m+ console sales

Yes it's wishfull thinking.
It's 30m console difference. Not 50+m difference.

That is achievable numbers. 80+m is a realistic numbers for this current Xbox.

If we estimate the current to be a round 30m XBS, then MS will need to sell 50m consoles during these remaining period. That is estimate of 12.5m a year for 4 years or 10m a year for 5 years.

That is achievable Target.

Edit: Xbox isn't 30m yet. Wrong info on my part.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Its over for the high end console market this gen, Sony takes it easily..which was always going to be the case...But microsoft better have the best June showcase theyve ever had or this Gen will be worse than xbox one and thats a traversty when you look at the hardware and game pass etc.

They need to sort their first party out put or they are funked!

Poltz

Its over for the high end console market this gen, Sony takes it easily..which was always going to be the case...But microsoft better have the best June showcase theyve ever had or this Gen will be worse than xbox one and thats a traversty when you look at the hardware and game pass etc.

They need to sort their first party out put or they are funked!
People thought Xbox would take it with the Series S tbf.

A picture similar to Europe, PS5 sweeping (and surpassing PS4) while Xbox sinks into third place and is struggling to reach ONE figures, we will see what happens when PS5 releases FFXVI, Spiderman 2 or the slim revision but it has all the It looks like the differences are going to increase even more, it looks like there will be more difference between PS5 and Xbox Series than between PS4 and ONE.:messenger_winking:

Zok310

Banned
They will have to see these numbers until the end of this gen.

The only way to stop this is if Sony decides to duck up their momentum.
Well, historically sie dont make the same mistake twice and they sure as hell dont make the same mistakes their competitors make.
Zelda and spider-man around the bend, ms might aswell hang it up, at least in terms of consoles, show is over.

Top Bottom