• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD - PS4 was the top selling console of December 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been echoed here several times, but Microsoft needs to diversify their video game portfolio if they hope to remain competitive in the next five years.

Hype spreads like wildfire on social media, and people are talking about Spider-Man, God of War, and Last of Us 2 rather than Halo/Gears. It's a shame 343 and the Coalition are locked down to single IPs.

Memento

i was looking at the numbers and noticed that 2.7 was worldwide. that seems so weird to me. GoW as a franchise doesn't seem bigger than Uncharted.

That is probably because Uncharted has been Sony's flagship franchise for years now and God of War 3 kind of finished the trilogy story line and stayed back there in 2010. UC got big with 2 in 2009, then bigger with 3 in 2011 and then now even bigger with 4 in 2016.

wapplew

So it looks like The Last Guardian won it's weird battle with Dead Rising 4 (Check UK sales threads).

Though what's up with Gears now, does no one care about the franchise anymore? MS needs to inject some new IP blood into their offerings.

It's just ranking chart. DR4 could be at rank 11 on Xbox and sold better than PS4 rank 9.
Weird battle continue until we got numbers!

Rembrandt

Banned
That is probably because Uncharted has been Sony's flagship franchise for years now and God of War 3 kind of finished the trilogy story line and stayed back there in 2010. UC got big with 2 in 2009, then bigger with 3 in 2011 and then now even bigger with 4 in 2016.

which is kinda why i'm skeptical of it doing better than uc, but we'll see.

WW definitely not but in the US GoW has typically had bigger launches.

learn something new everyday. the reception to the gameplay at E3 was great, too.

truth411

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...are-battlefield-1-lead-2016-us-game-sales-npd

714x-1

714x-1
Jesus, how does GTAV still sell?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom