• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

This is what actually concerns me a bit.

Don't let it.

MKX was a huge release in Apr 2015 and accounts for very nearly all the decline.

DS3 was a nice launch, but it just isn't at the mass market scale of something like MKX.

This is a case where the market is showing the strain of restricted product supply and results are the product of fewer and fewer games coming to market. When only 200 games are being released on disc every year, some months just aren't going to have megahits.

Kyrios

giphy.gif

Congrats!!!

inner-G

Banned
I wonder how much the PS4K rumors are affecting sales.

I saw the PS4 hardware trade in value dropped $5 at GS the other day, so they must be getting in plenty of trades.

FTF

Very strange that no one is commenting...I hope this doesn't mean they've all decided to stop commenting on NPD each month :/

AmyS

Don't let it.

MKX was a huge release in Apr 2015 and accounts for very nearly all the decline.

DS3 was a nice launch, but it just isn't at the mass market scale of something like MKX.

This is a case where the market is showing the strain of restricted product supply and results are the product of fewer and fewer games coming to market. When only 200 games are being released on disc every year, some months just aren't going to have megahits.

Ahh, thank you for the well thought out reply.

Schryver

But ratchet is a 3rd person action/shooter that has a few rudimentary platforming occurrences. They haven't been platformers since, like, the original

Well this one is based on the original so I assume it has some platforming lol. Even though it is more of a shooter I hope it does help lead to a 3d platformer resurgence

Boke1879

I highly doubt console revisions have stopped people from buying said hardware. April and May have some pretty good software lined up and I just don't see people holding out.

Not to mention I don't think the general public really has any idea about this stuff. Once an official announcement is made then we can use it as an excuse. Until then I just think certain months will be better than others. these months tend to be bit slower imo.

Sterok

Hm, Sony > Microsoft > Nintendo for hardware?

Not worried much about the decline. No big releases to pull things up this month.

Why would all 3 decline to comment on hardware?

Surely one of them edged in front?

I'm not sure companies would take satisfaction in acknowledging that console sales are down but they're slightly better than the competition

seems pretty shortsighted to issue such pr personally

Top Bottom