• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

Thumbs up for Ratchet. You did good Insomniac. I want a new Resistance now.

This time it will sell better because PS4 is killing it.

Poor Quantum Break. Congrats to Insomniac though

Its pretty amazing what Ratchet and Clank did in comparison with a week less of charting, at least when you look at the exclusives this month. And one of PlayStation's best exclusives, MLB The Show, continues its at least 2 month chart every year. Its always funny how quick that game gets forgotten in list wars.

Chobel

I own all 4 home consoles, and I have no idea why Ratchet & Clank sold so well. This game is a furbait nostalgia title to get the zootopia and ps2 crowd, doesn't even have open world. Why would sell better than Quantum Break? Time powers are crazy!! And the movie was garbage, but game still sells? Wut? :^/

I dunno why people are saying greatness awaits tbh...none of the titles have been that great except for Bloodborne but hopefully UC4 can prove me wrong, Naughty Doges better put out something good, I use my XB1 for multis and my PS4 has been collecting dust for months

Still at least MLB is a great game and Sony should make more stuff like taht and more stuff like quantum break, maybe they can get people to buy their console it would sell like bonkers even better than the Wii if they just put out some games for it!!! But still grats sony game still sells well gj :^)

giphy.gif

I own all 4 home consoles, and I have no idea why Ratchet & Clank sold so well. This game is a furbait nostalgia title to get the zootopia and ps2 crowd, doesn't even have open world. Why would sell better than Quantum Break? Time powers are crazy!! And the movie was garbage, but game still sells? Wut? :^/

I dunno why people are saying greatness awaits tbh...none of the titles have been that great except for Bloodborne but hopefully UC4 can prove me wrong, Naughty Doges better put out something good, I use my XB1 for multis and my PS4 has been collecting dust for months

Still at least MLB is a great game and Sony should make more stuff like taht and more stuff like quantum break, maybe they can get people to buy their console it would sell like bonkers even better than the Wii if they just put out some games for it!!! But still grats sony game still sells well gj :^)

This shit beats even the "awaking the dragon" one!

As for RC well deserved Insomniac congrats!

Luckydog

Making a note here...huge success!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Is that you, Mooch?

zewone

What's the 4th home console? Ouya?

Eonjay

Neo Member
Everyone being mum, weird PR aside, tells me things are flat to down for everyone. Nintendo is obviously down, I doubt any one is buying a WiiU and the 3DS is old. Microsoft must be either flat or down, given the PR... down, and Sony is likely flat to slightly down.

The fact that no one is stepping forth to claim the win speaks volumes.

This makes sense because since the PS4 is the most expensive hardware, if it were down substantially REV would be down more than that.

Elandyll

Banned
$9 BILLION hours?!?!

Thats fucking crazy. Lets say that every user played a million hours of Quantum Break, thats like 9000 copies of QB on PC alone.

That aint too shabby.

I think I cracked the code.

MAU + Number of bullets fired
---------------------------------------------- = Global engagement
hours spent gaming on XB1

geordiemp

I own all 4 home consoles, and I have no idea why Ratchet & Clank sold so well. This game is a furbait nostalgia title to get the zootopia and ps2 crowd, doesn't even have open world.)

Ah, the old all consoles dust post...thanks for that, not read one in a few days. You could have tried to be funnier...

Ratchet is a fun shooter series, sunset overdrive is the game I have missed out on, insomniac are very under rated.

Nuu

Banned
Don't let it.

MKX was a huge release in Apr 2015 and accounts for very nearly all the decline.

DS3 was a nice launch, but it just isn't at the mass market scale of something like MKX.

This is a case where the market is showing the strain of restricted product supply and results are the product of fewer and fewer games coming to market. When only 200 games are being released on disc every year, some months just aren't going to have megahits.

I'm in full lockstep in agreement with you in regards to software sales. However, the decline in hardware sales is something to be considered. Mortal Kombat may be a huge franchise, but it isn't exactly a system seller.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Not really surprised that Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony refused to comment on sales. With NX being delayed until next year and strong rumors of PS4.5 and an Xbox One.5, im not really surprised by the decline and expect a small decline every month for the rest of the year until the upgraded consoles get released.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
who the fuck is still buying GTA5, how hasn't everyone who wanted to buy it already bought it by now

8 year olds who just turned 9.

lol. This is funny because it's probably true.

GTA 5 and Minecraft. What else is there to say. Mind boggling. Minecraft I can understand....but GTA 5? Open world and online must be a nice combination. I do like games that when they end I can just continue playing, living on the world. You can do that with GTA 5 even if you never play the online part.

Now that I read what I just posted....I see why they are both still in the top 10.

Eggbok

1YjKQXX.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
MS sending another Remedy title to die in a corner? Unless digital download and bundles did good.

Honestly I'm not sure there was much room for it to do better. Almost no one makes this style of game anymore.

Even Naughty Dog is moving off Uncharted and at least that has a long supported multiplayer component on top of the series being the king of the cinematic shooter genre.

Top Bottom